Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Hey guys, finally got this game on PC and was looking for mod suggestions. I remember reading about SPERG? or something a lot of people liked that improved the magic system. I also wouldn't mind something that added better weapons and systems for getting better ones as well. Not really looking for a lot of graphics stuff as my PC isn't that good. I really haven't messed with this sort of thing before other than add ons for WoW, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

tooterfish posted:

I admit "loving excruciating" was a tad hyperbolic, but frankly so is "better than anything in Skyrim". I was just replying in kind.

I literally never said that.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Hey guys, finally got this game on PC and was looking for mod suggestions. I remember reading about SPERG? or something a lot of people liked that improved the magic system.

yes Skyrim Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay fuckin owns

Apocalypse Magic also fuckin owns

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hey guys I installed haven bag(for enderal) and it seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't sleep in the bed inside of it. I can interact with it, it just doesn't do anything after the fact. Doesn't give me a message saying that it's owned or anything like that

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
ay yo, Agents, what was your intention for this:

quote:

Sometimes, I'll also link to a specific modders list of mods rather than an individual mod. This is especially true when they've created lots of small mods, like Ramccoid, or certain insane Japanese modders like Mahty and m150.

I didn't see any other examples of this later on so I'm probably going to just move this from the intro to a section (like a list of "modders to check out" or somesuch).

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

All right mother fuckers here is the deal.

I've done all the work on the list of mods that I want to. Here's the paste, but it might be easier to see just the list of mods in post form (below). If there's something you think needs to go, let me know and why. If you want to confirm/deny any reason to remove, please do. If there's something you want to add, include a brief description I can use.

Also I know it's too long for one post, I'm planning on at least three opening posts :shepicide:

eta: If you get that far and are curious, I have the text of my dumb numbers post about plugin limits because I'm going to rework it into an explanation of the 256 plugin limit.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 21, 2016

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GunnerJ posted:

All right mother fuckers here is the deal.

I've done all the work on the list of mods that I want to. Here's the paste. If there's something you think needs to go, let me know and why. If you want to confirm/deny any reason to remove, please do. If there's something you want to add, include a brief description I can use.

Also I know it's too long for one post, I'm planning on at least three opening posts :shepicide:

eta: If you get that far and are curious, I have the text of my dumb numbers post about plugin limits because I'm going to rework it into an explanation of the 256 plugin limit.

I glanced it over but I'd just assume post it anyway to start the dialog about it and edit it as you go. Asking what should be added will probably be a lot easier for most people (including me :v:) if I can see it out and formatted without having to parse bits of code in the paste.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

That's honestly the plan but I figured I'd put up what I have so far for review while working on the other stuff.

Alternately I guess I could just... reply with it here, hmmmm.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

OK, so, yes, it might be easier to review if I just put it in a reply, plus this will help me catch formatting errors. :v: This is just the "list of stuff" part, it's what I primarily want feedback for.

eta most recent draft here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567959&pagenumber=492&perpage=40#post463419233

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 21, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Man Whore posted:

you got the wrong thread. This is for skyrim, not daggerfall
it's eas y to get confused when the texture quality between the two games is roughly the same

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

(To resolve this strange bug in the patch which has not been fixed, consider Shut Up, Mirmulnir.)
I've put that old thing up on the nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78069/
Also here's something that could fit in the quality of life section: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41579/

Edit:
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul might be a good replacement for Follower Commentary Overhaul. From what I've seen of it so far, it works better then FCO.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 21, 2016

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Cutting room floor, Dragon Soul Relinquishment, and moreHUD have formatting errors. Looks fine otherwise.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Raygereio posted:

I've put that old thing up on the nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78069/
Also here's something that could fit in the quality of life section: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41579/

Edit:
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul might be a good replacement for Follower Commentary Overhaul. From what I've seen of it so far, it works better then FCO.

Oh man, can't wait to see whether your assault on Arthmoor's artistic vision lasts out the week! Also I'll add that second link near the other "random attack disabled" things, thanks.

Glad you mentioned RDO. I wasn't sure whether to put it up because it's so new, but if it's got someone's endorsement, I'll put it alongside FCO as a possible replacement/alternative.

(eta: added)

dbzfandiego, got them, thanks.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 21, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

As the current (albeit completely absent) OP of the Skyrim modding thread, I approve.

Not that my approval matters anyway :v:

(But seriously, that looks real good)

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

the length of my load order noooooooooooooooooo

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

scamtank posted:

the length of my load order noooooooooooooooooo

get rekt

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Scyantific posted:

As the current (albeit completely absent) OP of the Skyrim modding thread, I approve.

Not that my approval matters anyway :v:

(But seriously, that looks real good)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Hey guys I installed haven bag(for enderal) and it seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't sleep in the bed inside of it. I can interact with it, it just doesn't do anything after the fact. Doesn't give me a message saying that it's owned or anything like that

:smith:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know why the Armor of Intrigue would be invisible on Nord characters?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know why the Armor of Intrigue would be invisible on Nord characters?

Sometimes I will see armor or somesuch have the light bright lavender color of a missing texture and find out that this is because the mod did not define a version of the armor for player models of a particular gender. Might have to rummage around in TES5Edit to see if this is happening.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

GunnerJ posted:

Sometimes I will see armor or somesuch have the light bright lavender color of a missing texture and find out that this is because the mod did not define a version of the armor for player models of a particular gender. Might have to rummage around in TES5Edit to see if this is happening.

Ah yeah, it wasn't a gender issue the creator didn't tick Nord race and a bunch of others in the Armoraddon.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

If anyone's interested, there's an Enderal LP up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787051

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I have a few recommendations I'll make when I get home in the morning. Looking good though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I'm trying to work out why Brawls add bounty and piss everyone off as soon as I throw a punch, even after I pay an NPC for a punch up.

I have the brawl bugs patch. I even tried turning on "Brawl mode" in SPERG. But I still get a bounty.

I don't have anything that alters personal combat directly, except whatever the Unofficial skyrim legendary edition patch would do (Though that's installed Via Workshop, rather than the Mod Organizer. Is mixing workshop+Mod loaders a nono?). I doubt weapon fixes, smart souls, or passive enchantment recharged would be a factor.

I've also noticed that if I try to let Uthgerd throw the first punch, all she will do us U turn right back around to sit in her chair.

So, I'm a bit clueless what has gone wrong here. As well as why that "Brawl mode" toggle for SPERG seems to be doing nothing.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 21, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Section Z posted:

So I'm trying to work out why Brawls add bounty and piss everyone off as soon as I throw a punch, even after I pay an NPC for a punch up.

I have the brawl bugs patch. I even tried turning on "Brawl mode" in SPERG. But I still get a bounty.

I don't have anything that alters personal combat directly, except whatever the Unofficial skyrim legendary edition patch would do (Though that's installed Via Workshop, rather than the Mod Organizer. Is mixing workshop+Mod loaders a nono?). I doubt weapon fixes, smart souls, or passive enchantment recharged would be a factor.

I've also noticed that if I try to let Uthgerd throw the first punch, all she will do us U turn right back around to sit in her chair.

So, I'm a bit clueless what has gone wrong here. As well as why that "Brawl mode" toggle for SPERG seems to be doing nothing.

Try the Modern Brawl Bug Fix by EnaiSiaion, it might help.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I don't see why Dragon Combat Overhaul is dis-recommended. Yes, it makes dragons murderbeasts, but I've gotten some REALLY epic fights out of it, and enjoyed every minute of the battles... which granted, take a long time. But combining it with other dragon mods that let you tweak HP and what not, you decrease their HP and defenses to make every hit meaningful, while DCO makes actually hitting them challenging.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Iunnrais posted:

I don't see why Dragon Combat Overhaul is dis-recommended. Yes, it makes dragons murderbeasts, but I've gotten some REALLY epic fights out of it, and enjoyed every minute of the battles... which granted, take a long time. But combining it with other dragon mods that let you tweak HP and what not, you decrease their HP and defenses to make every hit meaningful, while DCO makes actually hitting them challenging.

That wasn't something I put on there so I can't exactly answer for it.

But. My experience with it isn't so much that it makes dragons "murderbeasts" as that it makes fights with dragons essentially a gamble on whether you're going to complete the fight, or whether it will run away, focus on a mudcrab like a quarter mile away for some reason (eta: this is also vanilla behavior but I swear it really seemed to happen more frequently with DCO), randomly pull out a "limit break" which is (as far as I was ever able to tell) instant death because nothing stopped the hundreds of projectiles they spammed from the sky, or knock me off a mountain with the various knockback effects. Whatever else you want to say about these things they are distinctly unfun to me. But they are also from an older version of the mod so :shrug:

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 21, 2016

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is it possible to install Enderal through Mod Organizer?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

So here's the "second section" of the OP. It's pretty much complete afaic, but I'm open to additions. Let me know about typos, please!

eta most recent draft here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567959&pagenumber=492&perpage=40#post463419260

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 21, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

focus on a mudcrab like a quarter mile away for some reason
To be fair: That's vanilla behaviour. I've lost count how times I found myself chasing after some blasted ADD lizard in an game with unmodded dragons.

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is it possible to install Enderal through Mod Organizer?
No, it uses its own installer. If you want to switch between Enderal and a Skyrim setup, you could maybe try installing Enderal on a clean Skyrim install, and afterwards moving Enderal's files (including stuff like .ini) to a MO-profile.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Raygereio posted:

To be fair: That's vanilla behaviour. I've lost count how times I found myself chasing after some blasted ADD lizard in an game with unmodded dragons.

OK. Might be my imagination but it seemed to happen more frequently with DCO.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GunnerJ, If you're going to feature both Immersive Armors and Practical Female Armors in the new OP, you might also want to add in Practical Female Armors - Immersive Armors Edition.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 21, 2016

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Awesome, thanks.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I've also got a hot take on what lockpicking screens should look like.

Easier Lockpicking sounds like a dumb cheat, but it's actually a really neat chest lock retexture that doesn't kill performance or gently caress up the models for the loose locks you make in Hearthfire. The name is from the scratches and dents along the edge of the cylinder that let you eyeball the exact position of the pick way better, like a ghetto dial of some kind.

e: as long as we're discussing Immersive Armors, there's also this aMidianBorn compatibility kit that gives all the remixed stuff like like Barbarian and Ranger Armor the proper textures from the eye candy cache

scamtank fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 21, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Iunnrais posted:

Well for one it's an ApolloDown mod so gently caress that guy, any issues you might have probably won't get answered.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Here's some misc mods that might be nice to have in the new OP:

Quick Loot

Liked the efficiency of the "mini inventory" in Fallout 4? Now you can use it in Skyrim!

Note: This mod seem to experience crashes when dealing with containers with too many items, changing "iItemLimit=0" to "iItemLimit=20" in Quickloot.ini seems to help in the majority of cases.

---

Pumping Iron - Dynamic Muscle Growth

Increasing your smithing or combat skills will now make your character buffer over time!

---

Bald Head

Ever wanted a naturally bald character? Now you can!

---------------

I might see if I can find some decent armor and weapon mods that could be added, I know I've made some posts on it here before.

Oh and you might also want to link to the Unstable and Outdated Mods Masterlist, which keeps track of the more technologically (if not ethically) iffy mods out there.

It can be found on Steam and reddit.

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
A few things for you GunnerJ:

Was mentioned earlier but not directed at you, so here it is again:
Modern Brawl Bug Fix - Enai Siaion made an updated brawl bugs patch which should work better than the original, although I don't know if it would break the cheat patch.

Also, Imperious and Disparity are compatible with a patch found in Imperious' optional files. Probably worth mentioning that they aren't exclusive.

To add yet another version of Morrowloot, there is Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified. It's Morrowloot Ultimate with the stuff not related to weapons and armor (like level scaling, alchemy, and uncapper inis) stripped out.

Edit: You might wanna add a mod that lets you equip multiple rings and/or amulets. I personally use TwoRings. I think a mod that is more unlimited is preferred by goons, but I don't remember what it was.

NiftyBottle fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 21, 2016

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Hey, kind of a weird thing but whenever I launch either Skyrim or SKSE through MO my perks menu is all hosed up. All the perk names seem to have shifted one space left and some don't have names at all, and some of the skill levels are NaN. As far as I can tell from loading it up and wondering around for twenty minutes that is the only thing that is broken.

This is with no mods activated whatsoever. In fact I've only just reinstalled Skyrim, I've only downloaded about 5 things so far. If I launch the basic game through steam I don't have this problem.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the override folder maybe because that has a few (what I assume to be) UI files called UIO. But I don't know where they came from or what they do.

Anyone ever experienced this?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Kuno posted:

Hey, kind of a weird thing but whenever I launch either Skyrim or SKSE through MO my perks menu is all hosed up. All the perk names seem to have shifted one space left and some don't have names at all, and some of the skill levels are NaN. As far as I can tell from loading it up and wondering around for twenty minutes that is the only thing that is broken.

This is with no mods activated whatsoever. In fact I've only just reinstalled Skyrim, I've only downloaded about 5 things so far. If I launch the basic game through steam I don't have this problem.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the override folder maybe because that has a few (what I assume to be) UI files called UIO. But I don't know where they came from or what they do.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Sounds like you've got some leftover files from User Interface Organizer lying around.

That's a New Vegas mod, so that's not supposed to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GunnerJ posted:

it means that the highest possible value a plugin can have in the load order is FF, or 16^2, or 256

:spergin: (16^2)-1, or 255.

256 is 100 in hexadecimal. Likewise, the highest value you can represent with two decimal digits is 99, not 100. (You still get 256 (or 100) different values you can represent because there's 00.)

• Locked thread