Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm using NMM, and having a hard time installing Immersive Armors v7, and Interesting NPCs. Interesting NPCs crashes NMM even before it opens just by being in the mod folder, and Immersive Armors v7 will allow me to try to install it, will bring up the dialog box asking me whether I want it to be compatible with some body mod I've never heard of before, but then it will halt mid-installation and say it was not successfully activated.

I don't really want to switch to MO, since in the past I've had issues with other mods not installing properly with it. Is there a manual way to install these two mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I used to use Dragons Diversified, until I got the Dragonborn DLC which is apparently not compatible with it. Are there any similar mods that still work and add additional dragon species? I fondly remember fighting the dragon that summoned saber cats and bears to kill me, for instance ("Wild Dragon").

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Metalocalypse posted:

For Dragons:
Deadly Dragons (The only mod I really have experience with on this list.)
Dragon Combat Overhaul (Sorry about that mod page..)

Warning! I discovered the hard way that these two in combination can make Mirmulnir nigh impossible at low levels. He becomes nearly impossible to hit with a bow, he stays out of low level magic range, and the brief moments he lands will not be long enough to get in enough damage-- the little damage you'll do he will actually REGENERATE before you can deal more damage.

I had to revert to a previous save, use the settings in Deadly Dragons to bring the bonuses down to something like +10% instead of +150%, and then I was able to whittle him down.

Only Mirmulnir seems to be so grossly unbeatable, and it may have to do with the location you fight him. There's nowhere for him to perch-- if there's perches for a dragon to roost on, they'll do so, but otherwise they'll just fly around in circles forever and strafe you. And Dragon Combat Overhaul makes dragons in flight basically unhittable by non-instant projectiles-- the dragons will perform awe-inspiring acrobatics and dodge your projectiles midair.

Every dragon since Mirmulnir, this hasn't been a problem. They come to you, and besides, lightning bolt becomes available so you can hit the bastards when they strafe. Just keep this in mind.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've been using RND for a little while now, and while I want some pressure to eat now and then, the water requirement and the sheer amount of food it's making me eat is getting on my nerves. Particularly since I still like to fast travel. I've been looking at iNeed, and I have a couple questions:

Does iNeed require you to eat less per day than RND? I understand that iNeed may make me eat while fast traveling, but does so automatically from my inventory, and I don't have a problem with that as long as the per-day requirements aren't as massive.

Does iNeed require you to drink copious amounts of water? I could honestly do without a water need at all, to be frank. I can abstract that for my personal immersion needs.

Is it reasonably feasible to switch from RND to iNeed, given that I've been using RND for a little while? I don't want to break my save.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
The Companions guild has taken to wearing textureless cloaks. I've Cloaks of Skyrim, Winter is Coming, and Immersive Armors, so I'm assuming it's one of these that's causing the issue. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've been building Lakeview Manor in Hearthfire, and I've noticed that the weapon racks don't work. Is there any way to fix this? Googling it suggests I should start a brand new game, then build the entirety of the exterior layout without ever going inside, and THEN go inside. Please tell me I don't have to nuke from orbit and start over AGAIN...

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I deleted my saves in order to get the Epic Gameplay Overhaul thing, also added Live Another Life, Immersive Creatures, Immersive Winterhold, and that memory hack.

Now the weirdest thing. Skyrim gets to the main menu's logo... but doesn't actually provide any menu OPTIONS. I can't start a new game, because there's no menu option for it. It just sits there at the main menu.

Here's my load order:
code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
DynamicLoot.esm
GeneralStores.esm
JSwords.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPERG.esm
XFLMain.esm
Xvision Children.esm
TradeRoutes.esp
Xvision Children - Complete.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
enhanceddynamicweathersystem.esp
MoreSnowWindyand75percentLessView.esp
Immersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.esp
Immersive Sounds - Magic.esp
Immersive Sounds - Weaponry.esp
Thundering Shouts.esp
TradeBarter.esp
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Brigands.esp
Immersive Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
Ish's Souls to Perks.esp
JK Crafting Breakdown.esp
More Salt Please.esp
More Salt Please - Dragonborn addon.esp
PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp
WetandCold.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
SkyUI.esp
Cloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
DynamicLoot_DB.esp
DynamicLoot_DG.esp
HBetterBows.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
UniqueBows.esp
FloraRespawnFix.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
DeadlyMonsters.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
homes remodeled.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
middenexpanded.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
SaltMines.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
DynamicMerchants.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
Helmets - Khajiit Ears Hair.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
TimingIsEverything_RunForYourLives_Patch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
BoundTools.esp
DragonbornAscendant.esp
EmpoweredMagic.esp
EmpoweredMagic_Dawnguard.esp
EmpoweredMagic_Dragonborn.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp
Duel - Combat Realism.esp
MountedCasting.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
SPERG-DB.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
3DNPC.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-XFLPatch.esp
3DNPCEFF.esp
specializedfollowers.esp
KhajiitChildren.esp
moveitLWT.esp
Spells Cast Light.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
House Markers.esp
Xvision Children - USKP.esp
Unique Region Names.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
GentleStormCall.esp
WorldEaterBeater.esp
iNeed.esp
CWIDawnDragonPatch.esp
CWINPCImprovements.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
CombatDramaOverhaul.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
KonnektorDragonborn.esp
ImportantInformationOverhaul.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Agents are GO! posted:

1. You should definitely have a merged patch.
2. Are you using SafetyLoad and/or the SKSE Memory Patch?

The second one is possibly more relavant to your current issue, but the first will probably prevent issues down the road.

1. The prospect of doing so always made me a little nervous...

2. I grabbed SSME, actually, particularly since Immersive Winterhold said it required it.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Agents are GO! posted:

Regarding SSME: Make sure you have an ini set up for it, google it, but it doesn't come with one for some dumb reason.

Thank you. I switched to the alpha and found an ini, and that fixed it. It's ridiculous that they'd put out a "fix" without an ini.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

grrarg posted:

Congratulations. I look forward to trying it whenever I get around to playing Skyrim again. People were talking about quest mods like Wyrmtooth, Helgen Reborn, etc. the last few pages. Anyone have an opinion on Jarl of Ivarstead, FCO's mod of the month competition?

I glanced at the page, and put it away again after the really creepy emphasis it placed on being able to put a harem together. Not going to touch it.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've got the alpha SKSE, and an .ini file with the following, located in /Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini

code:
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
ScrapHeapSizeMB=512

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1
But I'm still crashing at 256megs of memory being used, according to MemoryBlocksLog! Is there anything I'm missing?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
As far as illusion goes, I've never liked it until Apocalypse Spells-- the "Counterspell" spell is amazing. I think of it less as "counterspell" and more as "incapacitate spellcasters". If you cast it on someone while they are casting a spell (spell casters do this constantly) they will not only fail to cast the spell, they'll kneel down and expose the back of their necks for some nice critical hits. I can usually take them out entirely within a second or two once they go down.

One thing that really made my experience better was ASIS, once I actually read the readme file and ran the .jar file instead of merely sticking the ESP file in my load order like with all other mods. Having enemies that use potions and new spells and stuff is AMAZING, not to mention increased spawns, so now I can have two or maybe three followers without feeling like I'm breaking the game. It's a real challenge, but not unbeatable.

I need to look into lootification now that I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with SkyProc.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm trying lootification now, but I'm getting an error:

code:
There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.RuntimeException: Index: 0, Size: 0
Outfit: [OTFT | 03DED3Skyrim.esm | BanditArmorHeavyBossOutfit] is coded to have a matching set but could not find any.
You are almost certainly not using a tesedit merged patch correctly.'

Please contact the author.
I definitely have a tesedit merged patch. So... what gives?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Welp, it had been deactivated. Now when I run LLI.jar it tells me that it can't find various masters in the merged patch even before I hit patch... BOSS does have some "unrecognized" mods, I guess I need to create user rules to sort them all, and then create a new merged patch?

Incidentally, when creating a merged patch, I should uncheck ASIS and LLI, right?

EDIT: BOSS now completely sorted (I hope correctly), New merged patch made, and LLI now runs without error! Woo!

You know, I'd read that article before, but I didn't get the main point, because I didn't think I was manually sorting anything. But having ANY unrecognized mods (whether you think you're manually sorting them or not) seems to trigger this problem!

Iunnrais fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 7, 2014

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Apoplexy posted:

He's the reason I'm an evangelical Deadly Combat lover and anti-DUEList. DUEL is such a loving lazy mod for so many people to be proclaiming its value, while Deadly Combat has a ton of features that legitimately have impact in-game.

Huh. I'm using DUEL right now. What does Deadly Combat have that's better?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Alternate start is glitching on me. I started in Winterhold, and now if I go into the hall of the elements, it won't stop giving me free levels in alteration! (Note that I've visited the Augur, so I'm well past the "tutorial" that it's giving me XP for)

I don't want to cheat like that. Is it safe to uninstall, or are there any other fixes?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

If I've got vanilla Skyrim and subsequently bought the Legendary Edition, how hard is it to transfer saves / active mods across?

The DLC are effectively just "official" mods. Adding any mod to a save can introduce instability, but depending on what is added, might not. I'm pretty sure the DLC was designed so that you could add it on to an existing save pretty easily. To be safe, go into a basement somewhere without any NPCs, save, migrate the save over, then load, wait 1 month in-game time, then continue.

As far as moving mods over, you'll need to check each and every mod's page on nexus to see if they need a DLC compatibility patch added. A *lot* of mods require Dragonborn and Dawnguard patches. But other than that, just move 'em over.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Are there any good mods that add more / more interesting enchantments? Been browsing Nexus, and the very few additional enchantment mods I've seen look pretty... stupid. (Randomly shoot exploding chickens everywhere!?)

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I get the feeling that the OP could use updating. iNeeds > RND, Deadly Combat > Duel, there's a bunch new really cool mods like Epic Gameplay Overhaul, guides to using the memory hack, guides to merged patches, how to use SkyProc, etc...

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Scyantific posted:

Re: Updating the OP

I haven't kept up with the thread as much as I would like lately, but now that it's been mentioned I'll make an effort to get it up to date now. Just give me links to the Memory Fix guides and we'll be golden. I am kinda ambivalent on Epic Gameplay Overhaul though, mainly because Apollodown's writing really annoys me.

Apollodown's writing may be insane, but his modding is pretty top notch. I haven't tried his Civil War Overhaul yet, but the Dragon Combat Overhaul is amazing, Combat Drama is great, Fire and Ice has really changed the battlefield for me, Important Information Overhaul is... intrusive by default, but I've come to enjoy it after toning the levels down in the MCM a bit.

Kinda like how Arthenmoor is a self entitled man-baby, but does make good mods. And at least Apollodown seems to be an okay guy when not writing descriptions for his mods.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
My Labyrinthian Tribune is suddenly filled with two or three dragons. I don't mean the skeletal dragon that's supposed to be there on the first map, I mean glitchy flying-through-the-walls outside-type dragons. I assume this is an ASIS glitch? How would I prevent this from happening?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Yes. Usually Deadly Dragons will say something like "Beginning Assault" in the upper left corner though, and I've never had them spawn dragons underground...

It's possible though. I'll go back to an earlier save and disable assaults for a bit.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Talmonis posted:

Realistic Needs & Diseases

I highly recommend iNeed instead of RND. It's more configurable, less intrusive, and just as immersive but with a better UI. I particularly like that all I have to do is keep my inventory stocked with food and drink, and it'll make me automatically eat and drink when needed without interrupting the adventure.

I'd also suggest the Epic Gameplay Overhaul package... or at the very least, the Dragon AI component thereof, but the Fire/Ice Overhaul is good too, the Combat Drama Overhaul has a nice MCM, nothing wrong with the Epic Music Overhaul... some people complain about the Civil War Overhaul being a bit wonky, but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say. His mod descriptions are idiotic, but the mods themselves are pretty well written so far as I've seen.

I'm also a huge fan of Immerive College of Winterhold, which completely revamps the college without changing the lore. I've had a teensy bit of trouble combining it with Live Another Life using the Winterhold Start, in that the tutorial xp script keeps firing if I go into the practice hall during the day, but otherwise it's a wonderful mod.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Cantorsdust posted:

Same question, but for Civil War instead. I read about it a long time ago when it still sounded like a mess. Any better? And follow up question, if I don't start working on the civil war quest immediately, will it run in the background and possibly resolve itself without me?

Civil War Overhaul won't start until you start it. Once you start it, it will then start to run in the background without you, but before that, you can ignore it, and things will stay deadlocked as they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I don't see why Dragon Combat Overhaul is dis-recommended. Yes, it makes dragons murderbeasts, but I've gotten some REALLY epic fights out of it, and enjoyed every minute of the battles... which granted, take a long time. But combining it with other dragon mods that let you tweak HP and what not, you decrease their HP and defenses to make every hit meaningful, while DCO makes actually hitting them challenging.

• Locked thread