Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If I install SkyUI through Steamworks, do I need to run Skyrim through the SKSE runner, or can I just keep running it through the Steam launcher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Thanks to some recent upgrades I'm finally capable of playing Skyrim with mods. I checked the OP but it hasn't been updated in a year, and I have some total noob questions:

Which mod organizer should I be using, Mod Organizer or the Nexus one? Does it matter?

Is the list of recommended mods in the second post still relevant, or has it changed?

I have SkyUI installed off the Steam Workshop. If I use a mod manager, should I remove the Workshop version and use the Nexus one, or can I mix and match?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Phetz posted:

- Use Mod Organizer for sure.

- Those mods in the second post are still relevant, though you'll need the DLC for some of them so make sure you have those active. I believe Timing is Everything in particular requires all 3 DLCs. That list of mods will give you a more seamless and better looking experience while staying true to vanilla gameplay, for better or worse. I'd also recommend Ruins Clutter Expansion, Skyfalls + Skymills, Wet and Cold and Realistic Water 2 to further improve the visuals. Wet and Cold has some elements (NPC behavior changes and equipment mostly, all of which are optional) that change the gameplay in small ways, but I've found it an awesome addition.

- If I'm not mistaken having the Steam Workshop version of a mod will work if you're using Mod Organizer, but the best thing to do is to get all of your mods from Nexus and install them using MO. Makes things a lot simpler, which seems a little counterintuitive since Steam Workshop automatically installs and updates the mods you subscribe to, but it'll save you a lot of headaches down the road.

Thanks. I have all the DLC so that's not an issue.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I have another noob question. I just installed a bunch of mods via ModLoader:

But I'm getting a warning about other mods I need to install...

quote:

The masters for some plugins (esp/esm) are not enabled.
The game will crash unless you install and enable the following plugins:
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
Requiem.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
WerewolfMastery.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLMain.esm
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

Which of my installed mods would be causing this? Because I really don't feel like spending another two hours installing mods just to play the game.

e: nevermind; turns out it's Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade and Even Better Quest Objectives. I reinstalled and did custom options instead of the defaults.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there a mod that lets me use actual hotkeys to just swap equipment sets instead of having to go into this whole submenu thing?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Scyantific posted:

More Hotkeys Please in the OP is what you're looking for.

Thanks. I didn't realize that it added actual hotkeys.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Does Brawl Bug Fix mess up the Companions intimidation missions? I'm trying to do one and it keeps turning into a "real" fight and I can't be the guy into submission, just to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Canemacar posted:

I had the same issue with Uthgerd recruitment fight. Nothing would work. Not even the cheat patch. I eventually just used the console to set the relationshiprank to 3, bypassing the whole thing. You may have to use the console too. Either advance the quest stage, or try setting the npcs relationshiprank to one higher than before the fight.

I actually managed to intimidate the guy; for some reason the problem was that the target would go into brawling stance, the drop it a second later and at that point it'd be a real fight.

• Locked thread