Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futile
May 18, 2009
For people with the issue of FPS dropping drastically when looking at certain areas in the new ENB:

Raise your VideoMemorySizeMb in enblocal.ini. This fixed the problem for me on my 1GB VRAM card. I've seen some ENB presets saying to use the following to set your number: VRAM + RAM - 2048.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futile
May 18, 2009
While we're all on the topic of Interesting NPCs, it looks like 3.0 is due for release tomorrow. This is one of my favorite mods. There are some characters with exceptionally poor voice acting, but from my experience there are far more well done characters so I can overlook that. As some have stated you will definitely run into a lot of characters wanting to tell you their life story for nothing. Especially in taverns. But hey, some drunk lonely gently caress wanting to talk your ear off at a bar? Seems like iNPC has this realism thing down really well.

futile
May 18, 2009
Interesting NPCs 3.0 is out now. The first non-beta version in a very long time. Compatibility with EFF/AFT/Convenient Horses supposedly available without needing a special stripped-down follower version. Some overhaul of its questing system has been done as well. If you were undecided about this mod previously now is the time to give it a shot.

Also wanted to call attention to Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul. Just got updated today. This is by far the best landscape texture pack I've ever seen for this game. The author is still working out some bugs with tiling/seams here and there, but installing this will make a huge impact on your game, even if you already had a wonderful texture pack like the combiner installed already. Just look at the screenshots.

futile
May 18, 2009
You should still be able to bind 1-9 to spells/weapons by highlighting over it in the favorites menu and pressing the key. If you're looking for more than that, More Hotkeys Please will open the door to a ton of new options.

futile
May 18, 2009
Frostfall 2.5 is out. Big changes are a bunch of survival spells added and meters showing your exposure/wetness/surrounding temperature. Been waiting on those meters forever.

futile
May 18, 2009
So today I discovered something that made me pretty happy.

A modder has remade the amazing Complete Crafting Overhaul mod. He hasn't fully released it yet, but it can be downloaded from this page. This is the same dude who made Timing is Everything, The Choice is Yours, Trade and Barter, Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, etc. He's a wonderful modder, so the quality should be nothing short of amazing.

It is a "preview" version, but he has stated that it is fully functional and working in its current version, he just plans to add some more features before a full release. The mod basically just adds a ton of changes to the crafting system to both make it more balanced and lore-friendly. There's more changes than what I care to list, but some basic huge ones are:

-Armor recipes can be toggled on and off in the MCM by item type, class, etc. Don't want to see light armor at the forge? Turn it off. Use 1H only and don't want to see shields/2h? Turn that poo poo off.
-Completely customize mining. Can make it take longer to get more ore, take less time in general, less time more ore, whatever you want.
-All recipes redone and rebalanced, ingots require 5 ore
-Faction armor can all be crafted now, unlocks once you join the faction

A ton more. Here is the readme so you don't have to download it just to see.

So far it seems to be working fine with SPERG, though naturally I can't confirm everything.

futile
May 18, 2009
There's nothing as complete as OBIS is for overhauling a single enemy type, but there are mods that still do a good job of it. SkyTEST and Skyrim Immersive Creatures will handle your creature/animal/draugr stuff, and Deadly Dragons will take care of dragon stuff. High level enemies will also add and alter a bunch of enemies. Trade and Barter will handle all of your merchant gold options.

Since there's now an EFF patch for interesting NPCs I was finally able to start using the new EFF beta. Holy poo poo it's amazing. I can't seem to find anything involving followers automatically relaxing in areas though. Is this a feature? I see things about sandboxing and relaxing all over its nexus page and options in game, but they all seem to be vague or don't do anything.

futile fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 13, 2013

futile
May 18, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Why is elemental fury so goddamn buggy? If it doesn't slow my swing speed down to a glacial pace, it won't trigger. If it doesn't do either two of those things, I'll get stuck with the goddamn sound effect forever. I know the USKP fixed that last one recently, so I think one of the shout mods I'm using is probably loving it up.
Thunderchild overwrites the USKP changes of ElementalFury, if you're using that.

futile
May 18, 2009
Keep the other mods active as well as the bashed patch. Make sure the patch loads last.

Gyshall posted:

Any suggestions for house mods that have a good quest/money sink involved with them? I dislike just getting a key in my inventory when the mod loads.

Silverfish Grotto requires both of those.

futile
May 18, 2009
If antialiasing is on through driver control panels it forces certain ENB effects to turn off like ambient occlusion. Vsync should be fine. AF I'm not sure of. ENB has error messages in the newer versions now so if you turn it on and ENB doesn't spit angry red text at you then you're probably good to go.

futile
May 18, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Could there be any particular reason why my game flat out freezes randomly when looking through my inventory menu or when crafting? It just flat out freezes, and alt-tabbing out and back in won't do anything.
I'd toss my guess at the Item Sorting mod, Dynamic Things, or the Region Names mod. Seen so many conflicts/errors with those kinds of mods. Also there's a Wrymstooth patch for Thunderchild unless you already merged it. I think extended freezes like that are usually caused by running out of VRAM though? Could be wrong.

Also from the problem mentioned above, there's no way reverting to a save before ENB did anything--ENB has absolutely nothing to do with your save file. Something else happened between those saves.

futile
May 18, 2009

give me thread posted:

What the hell? Has anybody else had this problem? I even removed and reinstalled ENB and tried a couple other presets for it.
Did you check your nvidia settings through the plain old control panel, or through nvidia inspector? The control panel doesn't always tell the whole story as there are application specific settings.

futile
May 18, 2009
DUEL and Deadly Combat probably can't simply be removed from your folder and call everything dandy. They both add scripts to the game and use quests/"cloaks" to trigger the scripts. Ideally these quests/cloaks/etc. need to be stopped/removed, game saved, then delete the mod from your installation. I believe Deadly Combat has an MCM option to do this for you.

Kilroy posted:

I used a few mods that incorporate SkyProc and I've never had any problems. I don't use Mod Organizer though. I know everyone likes to evangelize MO around here, but even based on this thread alone it seems to cause more problems than it solves.
Come on now. You can't make sweeping judgements about how well the program is doing for people in general based on the posts you see here. It's a drat troubleshooting thread. Of course we're going to see problems. How many of us use mod organizer without issue and love it? Who knows.

In general the pro/anti MO thing comes up here way too much. Guys, it's a powerful enough and unique enough tool that it should be given a shot by anyone who heavily mods their game. Try it, use it if you like it, otherwise don't. It IS a power user tool, though. As for those claiming any long standing serious bugs or issues with the program, make sure it was reported on the Bug Tracker on the Mod Organizer page. This program was developed by a single guy. That has to be respected. He spends a lot of time and effort resolving even the most minor of bugs, as evidenced on the tracker. We also have to realize that he can't fix bugs he isn't aware of. Help him out.

futile
May 18, 2009
Looks like he did the dragon priest masks now too. Will have to check those out. Wonder if they can compete with the Apophysis Masks.

futile
May 18, 2009
On the topic of key bindings, I discovered this neat little program a while back that lets you remap all of your skyrim keybindings. Open up the keypad for binding, undo the hardcoded 1-8 if you choose, change the favorite menu mapping, allow for alt/shift/control key combos, etc. It doesn't even have its own nexus page, but it is a little program posted in the downloadable section of Interface Hardcoded Key Tweaks called Skyrim Key Helper.

futile fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 26, 2013

futile
May 18, 2009
All of the lighting mods seek to do the same thing but provide different lighting levels in different cells based on the author's preference. It's hard to really call one better than another. Personally, I switched to ELFX from RLO when I made a new game and like it better. Never tried Relighting Skyrim.

futile
May 18, 2009

Scyantific posted:

-Smithing Perks Overhaul
What's this for? Don't like the SPERG smithing tree?

futile
May 18, 2009
Soulfire was good, I'm not sure why the passive recharging idea didn't get attention but trying to bounce ideas off of the official forums or nexus mod community was probably bound to never go anywhere. If it's not Immersive Bathrooms - Take a poo poo and Brush Your Teeth or Extra Sweaty Tanned Shiny Skin v7 Redux CBBE UNP Remastered Ultra Edition it'll probably never receive the attention it deserves as purely an idea, only until it's actually made and completed and uploaded.

CWO is a really large and ambitious project but I remember the first version was known for being buggy as hell. Would wait for others to report how v2 is.

epitasis posted:

You mean this adds enchantments to anything in your leveled lists? I'm just confused because the mod description says "weapon drops are mostly vanilla" which makes it sound more predetermined than dynamic.

Or wait are they using vanilla to refer to an item's enchantment status rather than of the base game?

Also definitely getting those new patches once they're up.
The mod doesn't touch the game's leveled lists. It uses its own custom items and runs scripts that detect enemies in the area or in combat or whatever then adds the custom items to those enemies. The armors are all vanilla based, the enchantment are mostly vanilla with a couple of custom ones.

futile
May 18, 2009
I believe you can set the residence on the new EFF beta menu with command->more->sandbox->set

futile
May 18, 2009
Try raising videomemorysizemb in your enblocal.ini

futile
May 18, 2009
The SPERG masters out of order is a small thing which the author said he'll fix next patch, but shouldn't cause crashes. You can fix it yourself by re-ordering the masters to how they should be in Wrye Bash and it shouldn't cause any issues.

futile
May 18, 2009
You need to update TES5EDIT for the ESPs to load where the ESMs are at.

futile
May 18, 2009
What's the BOSS problem? It's been working fine for me (may have been fixed).

futile
May 18, 2009
Here's an incredible new mod: Audio Overhaul for Skyrim. I wish I knew enough about audio to give a more detailed explanation, but that's what the mod page is for. Only played with this for one night now. The difference is astounding. Everything sounds so much better, and it fixes some of the horrible vanilla stuff like footsteps too.

futile
May 18, 2009
You should be able to leave the info count alone on the first record. On the second, the Hoth record looks identical to the original. Delete it. Note that EFF and custom followers may not be compatible. Support for custom followers may have been added in the last beta update but I don't remember for sure.

futile
May 18, 2009
12 hours should be plenty of sleep to turn to well rested from any state if I recall. Is your timescale set to vanilla default?

futile
May 18, 2009

epitasis posted:

I tried Helgen Reborn even without Start Another Life and it made both carriages crash into some invisible barrier outside the town sooo.
The Helgen Reborn instructions make note of this. The ESP shouldn't be activated until after exiting Helgen or there will be issues.

As for the Arthmoor thing. If we each only chose to use the mods of authors who we specifically do not dislike, I think a lot of us wouldn't have much to choose from. With that said, if you don't want to use LAL for whatever reason, the best alternative is probably Skyrim Unbound on the steam workshop. I wouldn't trust using these year old quickstart mods and expect them to be in working order with some of the current mods, unofficial patches, and DLCs.

futile
May 18, 2009
If you guys are finding Lootification to be a pain in the rear end but want to add enchanted stuff to your game check out Dynamic Loot.

futile
May 18, 2009
SOS may be harder to remove. For EBT there is an MCM menu for uninstalling. I'm interested in seeing if disabling EBT fixes your problem. I've seen people claim before that EBT causes crashes but as of right now I don't believe it. Also check for the size on your save files that no bloat is going on. You really shouldn't be having CDT issues with such a simple and basic mod list.

futile
May 18, 2009
What this guy is saying about merged/bashed patches is really important and should be re-read for emphasis by everyone. Especially merged patches. I never understand people saying leveled lists conflicts get sorted out by a merged patch. Merged patch has no functionality for merging multiple conflicting leveled lists into a single functional combined list like a bashed patch attempts to do. Unless I missed something.

I think bashed patches do a pretty acceptable job though if you have your DELEV/RELEV tags right. It's not perfect and may need some editing, but it will do an okay job.

Ularg posted:

Oh God I don't know if I should be using WATER or Realistic Water Two mod. :ohdear:
If making the decisions is hard for you, I'll do it for you. Use Realistic Water Two. Because it looks nice.

Ularg posted:

A 660ti would be plenty to be able to handle Texture pack combiner and it would be my best option? I have a lot of trouble picking out the perfect texture packs and rather have a ton downloaded and have something choose the perceived best for me and let me tweak from there if I really really want to.
660ti is more than enough. TPC is a great tool but it's slightly out of date right now. Not just in terms of mod versions, but in terms of other really awesome and better mods being released (like the Vivid Landscapes series--this is all subjective of course). If you want other people to choose your textures for you check out the latest STEP project or the forums there for user suggestions. These guys compare screenshots and textures all god drat day so they have a pretty good idea of what looks good. With all that said, TPC is still a really incredible texture pack.

pmchem posted:

Can we talk combat mods?
From your description you want Deadly Combat or Duke Patricks mod. Deadly Combat is far more lightweight and simple and I would recommend it. Beware enemy arrows loving hurt.

futile fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 21, 2013

futile
May 18, 2009
Yeah, exactly. Every single mod TPC uses is slowly being trumped by something bigger and better and TPC itself isn't being updated to reflect it. TPC still makes a very good texture pack though.

I'm also kind of weary about landscapes with aMB. They did a good job with caves, and their armors are the best thing ever, but I really didn't like whiterun or the landscapes mod.

futile
May 18, 2009

epitasis posted:

What popular mods use injection?
Immersive Armors v7 will be doing this. SPERG also does this during the few times it does touch the leveled lists.

futile
May 18, 2009
In short I'm pretty sure what he was referring to as injecting is basically adding items to leveled lists via scripts instead of ESP records.

Supposedly immersive armors v7 will have the ability to toggle armor types on/off, toggle crafting only, world leveled list distribution, etc. due to this method. Maybe if Hothtrooper shows up he can give us the lowdown.

In other news, finally there's a way to get the full source from pex files (convert to .psc) thanks to This program called Champollion. Something that should have been possible from the beginning.

futile
May 18, 2009

theshim posted:

The only thing that's really bugging me about Morrowloot is the removal of crafting - not because I'll necessarily miss it, but because if I plan on using SPERG and/or SXP it kind of makes the Smithing tree a bunch of dead points...am I totally off here? I mean, I guess the points are still useful for being able to improve the stuff, so maybe I'm overthinking things.
Actually all the SPERG perks in smithing deal with upgrading/tempering items which Morrowloot doesn't get rid of, so it's not that bad at all.

futile
May 18, 2009
Toss a portion of the Papyrus log and your load order here and someone can probably help you. Major skyrim patches can and do cause a lot of issues and there was one in... March? Your best bet is to update your mods, toss old stuff out, and make a new game. I've lost characters to instability and mistakes I made with my mods in the past and it feels awful thinking you lost so much time and something you're attached to. Once you start a new character, fiddle with a different skill build, armors, story, path through the game, etc. it's amazing how fast you forget about your lost character.

futile
May 18, 2009
Keep in mind that AOS added an NPC footsteps slider to the sound options so you can tweak that to your liking. I love AOS so very very much, I think it is one of the best mods ever released for Skyrim.

futile
May 18, 2009
Checking the mods on the left enables the files and assets, as if you've now installed the mod into your data folder. The right side then lists the plugins that are in your real and virtual data folder so you can enable and disable plugins to be used when you run Skyrim. Also the 'increase masser size' plugin on the right indicates you have some plugin installed into your actual skyrim data folder from a manual install or the steam workshop that may not intentionally be there?

What I really wanted to ask though is why does your MO look so cool compared to mine. The scrollbars, buttons, checkboxes, etc. I assume that's just a Windows layout/UI setting?

futile
May 18, 2009
What is Realistic Landscapes?

Like melon farmer said all of those mods are very good. I'd recommend you use SRO as your base texture pack by which the other mods overwrite because it is very comprehensive and amazing.

Also I didn't know Windows 8 had that nice of a visual theme. With some searching I was able to apply a Windows 8 theme on Windows 7 except without that lovely tile desktop style. Awesome.

futile
May 18, 2009
Download SRO and put it above all other texture mods in the load order on the left, so that more specialized texture packs like vivid landscapes which overwrite some of the same textures will get precedence. Also texture packs don't have a plugin file so they won't show up on the left. They're just overwriting texture files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futile
May 18, 2009
Do you have enbhost.exe in your skyrim folder?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Should I go for EFF or Amazing Followers Tweaks? I'm using Recruit More Blades, and it apparently has some hoops to jump through with follower mods.
Both do a great job, but I think EFF is better due to its much lighter footprint in the game. It also has the cool onscreen UI and command wheel when talking to followers (if you're using the beta).

• Locked thread