Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DSauer posted:

I don't know which of my mods is blinging out Deekin like this, but I like it!

Immersive armors adds the pirate suit and eyepatch.

I'm not sure if I prefer the pirate look

or Hobo Captain Argonian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Installing ASIS... I won't be using increased spawns though, just added spells and such. any recommendations for exclusions? Mods I'm using that come to mind:
SPERG (saw the discussion above... debating it)
Immersive Creatures
Immersive Patrols
Dragon Combat Overhaul
Civil War Overhaul (yes, these are probably buggy and the author is definitely crazy, but I'm going to try it)
Apocalypse
Inconsequential NPCs
Interesting NPCs
Aurora - Doomstones
Moonpath
Wyrmstooth
Organized Bandits
Deadly Combat
Thunderchild

... So what exactly would be the point of running ASIS if you exclude everything?

I use most of those mods myself and don't exclude anything. Falmer are a bit tricky, but it makes the game much more exciting. (I also use some companion mods so I don't know how it plays if you're just going solo or with a person+ Riekling/Troll/Dog. Make sure you pick up the 40 speech perk for an animal companion, the Dwarven Spider and Baby Mammoth are both really useful)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

kaschei posted:

I picked up Illia as a follower a while ago. She's an imperial ice mage. Lately she hasn't been casting spells at all, just running into melee whatever I'm trying to hit and complaining that I hit her. I think it started when I gave her the Gauldur Blackbow and some arrows and maybe she ran out of mana? It happens even after I take all her weapons away.

I tried telling her to wait. I dunno what happens when you dismiss someone (that's not a Companion) so I've been avoiding trying that in case I have to chase her back to her home or something. I don't have any follower mods added. Is this kind of thing common? Is there an easy fix?

edit: Also, for maximum hitting-stuff-with-other-stuff power, do I need to get the 2-handed perks in addition to the 1-handed perks? With SPERG a lot of the perks say something like "with all weapons," on the other hand some of them have duplicate effects (like ignore 50% of armor). Do they affect all weapons, or only 1h/2h respective to their perk tree?

The parts that say all weapons affect all weapons. You can get some absolutely ludicrous swing speeds if you advance down both the One Handed and Two Handed trees. This is probably why the suggestion is to only get a perk every other level, because some of the stacking gets hilarious.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

So i want to do an unarmed run of skyrim and punch the world. Are there any good mods that actually make it viable? Sperg doesnt seem to cover that base.

Sperg makes unarmed damage scale with pickpocketing which helps a lot. The Khajit's Awakened racial also adds another twelve points to your unarmed damage. You can force any race to get that by going into tue Sperg menu and overriding whatever race you're playing with Khajit.

Plus a bunch of one handed perks apply which increases swing speed etc. Its really viable though a bit boring. Way of the Monk is more in depth if you want another mod, though it was always buggy for me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

George posted:

I just grabbed the game on Steam and I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before (except for a little bit of unmodded Oblivion). I have no particularly strong opinions about how an ES game "should" work, but I want a reasonably representative first playthrough (unless I shouldn't want that). Has someone put together a canon of a few absolutely brilliant mods that aren't pulling the game into someone's niche tastes? The OP is intimidating as gently caress, and a bit of browsing the thread hasn't brought up a short list. Is there a post you guys can point me to?

I'd just play vanilla, with the unofficial mods, or at most use a few texture mods. Once you've figured out what you like, and what you don't, you can get into more stuff.

If you do want to fix a few of the issues that'll become evident halfway through SPERG is a really lightweight overhaul that'll make the perks a lot more fun. And makes playing a mage not totally boring. In vanilla Skyrim magic damage doesn't actually scale, but you can stunlock everything to death. Slowly and very, very boringly. SPERG fixes that, and unarmed. And Shouting. Really if you want to do anyting besides hit people with a sword or bow you should probably pick up SPERG or SKYRe or any other overhaul.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

Right, caught that when reading some comments.

A bit deceptive to have it on the first page / high ranking mod blahblabla. At least mark it as abandoned :argh:

Having more people around and a more living world than the default "12 guys in a siege tops, and the bodies will be fading out pretty quickly" is pretty high up there on my list of mods to find, but :Gamebryo:

Here's hoping any new Elder Scrolls game (after the MMO bombs) that comes out for the new consoles at least supports more dudes, but I'm afraid it will still be Gamebryo under the hood even in the year 2020...

They're developing the MMO in parallel to their other stuff, its why they set it in the past. As far as I know Elder Scrolls 6 is still on the plate after Fallout 4.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Noni posted:

Is there a mod that scales up destruction? It's just silly that it takes 50 fire hits to kill a guy while I can take him out with a single arrow to the crotch.

SPERG will do this pretty well, and it plays nicely with most things. Plus it overhauls perks in general so that you automatically get the 'be incrementally better' ones automatically as you level and get to choose more powerful ones once every two levels. It also makes shouting and unarmed scale better, and a bunch of other cool stuff.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Did the Best Friend perk in SPERG change recently to remove some of the options? I just did a big Skyrim reinstall and I could have sworn Netch Calves and Death dogs used to be on the list.

Also trying to change a Best Friend's species in the creation kit is miserable. I got a (mostly) functioning Chaurrus after about 8 hours once. Made me really respect how much work and testing goes into these mods.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

panda clue posted:

I'm sorry since I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do I start the main quest with the Live Another Life mod?

Talk to any barkeep and head towards Helgen. You'll be able to pick up tutorial Imperial Dude or tutorial Racist Nord at the end of the tutorial cave and then the game will continue as normal.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So I've been poking around in the Creation kit for the last few hours trying to solve a really minor issue that bugs the crap out of me every time I play Skyrim.

My Riekling followers don't use weapons, they just run up and punch stuff. Even when they have cool greatswords or Giant's Clubs.

I've tried basically everything up to and including creating a custom follower and loving with the race menu in every way I can think of. If I disable hand to hand they'll run into combat holding their greatsword and do one of their idle animations before wandering off.

:sigh: I just want my dumb blue goblin to stab poo poo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

I pretty sure that they don't use weapons because they don't have animations for them. Ran into a similar issue with Draugr and certain spells as well as daggers.

Besides, you should be rolling with the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere in your animal follower slot. :colbert:

No they totally should use their spears and greatswords. Theres about a billion videos on youtube showing it off and you can even some times wrangle them into using Giant's clubs.

Mine will hold the sword properly outside of combat, and even unsheathe it when I do, but near an enemy they just run up and hit things with their fists. It might be a mod conflict but literally none of my mods affect Rieklings according to TESedit so... :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Didn't Rieklings get the same properties as children? Because with children you can make them equip stuff (I gave that little whiny boy in WR a Daedric warhammer once and he had it on his back), they just won't use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7kUkhP8mUc

Unless one of my mods is loving it up they shouldn't. This video of unmodded Skyrim shows clearly what they should be doing but mine can't figure out how to just hit things with the drat weapon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, give us a modlist.

Edit: Until then, I will blame Scyantific. :colbert:

Also, something might be altering them indirectly by altering their combat style or passive abilities.

But it's probably Scyantific. :colbert:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Lootification.esm
SkyMoMod.esm
SPERG.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
SPERG.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
ConvenientCrossbows.esp
Deathhound+Gargoyle.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
3DNPC.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
OBIS.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Immersive Whiterun.esp
BrhuceLegacy.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Ket_WEAPONIZER.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
WarmongerArmory_LeveledList.esp
Cloaks.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
Tame Beast.esp
TameBeastPatch.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
SkyUI.esp
MazzRend.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
Bandit Patrols.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Aethernautics.esp
iNeed.esp
Nixy.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
SPERG-DB.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
OBISDB.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
Clothing & Clutter_3DNPC_Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor_DragonPriestMasks.esp
HonedMetal.esp
FNIS.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Spectraverse - Only After Dragon Rising.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
XPMSE.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
HackAndSlash.esp
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
AFT_iNPCFix.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
LLI.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
Merge.esp
Petplugin.esp - which is my experimental plugin wherein I replace all hireable dogs with things like Chaurus and fun creatures.

I haven't been able to get Dual Sheath Redux to work at all, it just did the thing where it made everyone's shields go underfoot until I disabled it inside Skyrim. Haven't removed it because I don't want to gently caress with my saves yet and the game is still pretty stable. Also had to get rid of Immersive Soltsheim because it kept causing immediate CTDs which kinda sucked. I'm totally nuking them, Hunterborn, and Lefthandrings next install.

It could be AFT messing with my Rieklings now that I think about it. But I really like AFT for the multiple follower aspect :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Krittick posted:

AFT is what caused Rumarin from Interesting NPCs to have similar behavior for me (punching things instead of using his conjured weapons) as your Rieklings. I switched to Ultimate Follower Overhaul and it works great, despite being slightly out of date.

Edit: I did have to kill him and use the console "resurrect" command to reset the follower behavior fully, for some reason.

Weirdly, Rumarin works fine for me.

Oh well, I nuked a bunch of the poo poo clogging up my mod list and added some other mods I wanted to try out and tinker with so I guess I'll see in 10 hours if EFF also fucks with my Rieklings or if it was something entirely unrelated! :shepicide:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

victrix posted:

And then when I launch the faces look the same as usual

Right click on the part labelled 'Data' and select 'Set as Data Directory' at this step.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So what are the stability options you should put in your load order?

After my most recent installation started crashing on fast-travel/intermittently with no error message I decided to nuke the install and start from scratch again.

My saves tend to go crazy after about 15 hours and I really want to just do a good playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Figured I'd answer this, since pretty much all my playthroughs head in that direction anyway:

Dwemertech by EnaiSiaion.
Dwemer Certified
All of TrainWizs Dwemer/Sotha Sil themed mods: The Wheels of Lull, Aethernautics, Lost Wonders of Mzark, Brhuce Hammar: Legacy, and Fyr Manor.
A bunch of the crazy Dwemer mods by Mahty and that other crazy Japanese modder m80.

I wish Dwemer Certified had been updated. Robco Certified is probably the best NV mod in existence, and the DLC and further mods have created a ton of poo poo that could have put Dwemer over the top.

:(

• Locked thread