Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

GunnerJ posted:

Oh, that reminds me that someone mentioned that a while back and that the sysadmin ghosted. :iiam:

Anyway, I have started to continue Agent's work on the new OP. So far I have made a few additions and listed things that are TBD. Some of my own mod recs are just the names for now. Most substantial additions are in {SOFTWARE}, the section on modding tools/utilities. (Edit: Remembered to add the SMC, thought it's not listed in the paste yet.) Check it out: http://pastebin.com/evaQGfMq

I do need help with a few things:

1. There are some categories of mod I have no or little experience with. Just search for the words "pls help" for these. Unless there are objections, I'm going to cobble these sections together from the current OP. Since the whole point is revising the current OP, hopefully there will be some objections!

2. I'd also really appreciate general feedback on the mod recommendations, especially and specifically what I have added. Here's the diff so you can tell what I have changed: https://www.diffchecker.com/u13nn3zm (Note: I have not actually removed very much, the diff tool lists moved sections as deleted in the original sometimes?? But they are still there in the new text!)

I feel like you're loading a whole lot of stuff isn't really necessary at the start of the document; the first third of the post doesn't actually seem to list a single mod, and it's a HUGE post so that's quite a bit of info that I have to skip past if I'm just interested in mods. There's a few things that I'd move to an FAQ at the end, mostly the big names in modding section and the terms are things that (while relevant) aren't something a person just looking for mod recommendations needs to know. I'd trim both the software and the "where to get mods" section but keep them at the front since they're pretty important.

Basically my issue is that if I'm just looking for mod recommendations I don't want to scroll past a whole lot of stuff I'm not interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If you insist on keeping all of that stuff, I'd at least suggest a link at the top of the post saying ":siren: CLICK HERE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE MODS :siren:" that links to whichever post actually has the mods

Apoplexy posted:

To be fair, that complaint of his is ridiculous and the OP should be exactly the way you want it. YOU'RE the one putting in the goddamn work; let's let you decide whether or not the first post should be mods or a briefing or even just a picture of goatse.

ah yes the nexus strat of "ask for feedback and then ignore it", genius if i do say so myself

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Might be worth pointing out that Mod Organizer keeps its own copies of .ini files and changes to the standard files won't affect MO games.

• Locked thread