Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Really just best to pretend that the civil war isn't a thing, it's absolutely awful and boring and isn't worth your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hyvok posted:

I just started playing Skyrim for the first time. There are some mods I'd like to use such as SPERG but... I cannot download them from ANYWHERE? The only place that seems to host ~all mods is the Nexus place and it only offers monthly subscriptions, no free options. Seriously? Am I just stupid and can't Google?

Just don't tick any of the payment boxes when creating your account.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Canemacar posted:

No, I was getting them every level. I'll look over my .ini file next time I get a chance. Probably some time next year...

Be sure that in this line

quote:

bUsePerksAtLevelUp=0

the "0" is changed to "1", so that it's enabled. That always gets me whenever I reinstall Skyrim, so that might be your problem.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I really like the vampire waifu the game gives you in Dawnguard.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The changes actually look pretty good. It might be you who is bad and dumb.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Octal posted:

Did I gently caress up or is it impossible to comment on paid mods now?

yeah they removed that because everyone was posting middle finger DLC haha

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
To be fair to FO4, I'd say the actual combat gameplay is way more enjoyable than any of Bethesda's past FO and TES games. I mean that's not really much of an accomplishment and it's still garbage compared to like uh any other game but hey.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Oh hells yeah, nothing gets me harder than finding out that I unknowingly did something 3 hours ago that totally broke some poo poo and that because of that I get to play through the latter parts of the Thieves Guild questline again and listen to Brynjolf and the elf broad babble about some dumb poo poo. gently caress it's like I created my own personal hell. :suicide:

Why the hell do dwemer ruins have to be so long poo poo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hampig posted:

Did he just finish a college degree? :negative:

Haha drat dude :smithicide:

Agents are GO! posted:

2. Hates Mod Organizer, to the point where he calls the STEP wiki "the marketing arm of Mod Organizer."

I can barely imagine not using MO, let alone hating it. Like what does he do and expect others to do? Use NMM (lmao) or chuck files in our data folder like it's 2002?

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 20, 2016

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
If you haven't played Nehrim yet then it's worth a go but otherwise there's a reason there's no Oblivion thread.

:ssh: It's because Oblivion is bad. :ssh:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah Todd Catraper Howard is gonna take a while off the main series to make a Facebook game about farming ash yams, a TES MOBA because why not everyone else is doing it, and I'm sure he's got a TES Overwatch-ripoff up his sleeve somewhere.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I've always just installed everything in program files and haven't gone to any other extra effort and have never had a problem. :shrug:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Guess this varies also depending on the setup of Windows. Is your account an administrator and the owner of the directories in which the games are installed? I'd always figured that this is why I never had an issue. I set that up when I discovered that I wasn't the owner of Program Files for reasons that have nothing to do with modding (i.e., just on general obstinate principle).

My account is definitely an admin and it probably is set as owner (I can't remember specifically doing that but hey I don't remember half the poo poo I do to my computer).

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Enderal is out in English.
http://enderal.com/

Website might be a little bit slow because it just hit.

Ahhh poo poo. If this is anywhere near as good as Nehrim was then this will probably obsolete regular Skyrim for me.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mygna posted:

Having played the german version for about 100 hours at this point, it is indeed that good.

Nice, I've played maybe an hour or so it seems pretty amazing so far. Beautiful design all-round, the various scripted story bits are really impressive, and despite being made by Germans the English voice-acting seems way better than in Skyrim.

It's a good thing I nabbed the last of Skyrim's achievements on Steam because I really don't see myself ever going back to it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I uh, don't really see what's "loving excruciating" about any of the voice acting in the trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

tooterfish posted:

I admit "loving excruciating" was a tad hyperbolic, but frankly so is "better than anything in Skyrim". I was just replying in kind.

I literally never said that.

• Locked thread