Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
People complaining about not being to absorb dragon souls still showed up occasionally in the old thread. This is a post on how to solve that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

HardDisk posted:

One thing though, is the shield supposed to jump from the character's back to the off-hand? Is an animation missing there?
There's simply no animation for that. Just like there isn't one for drawing a staff of your back or drawing two weapons.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

wargames posted:

So do we have a goon modpack or just regular modpack so I don't have to shift through the hellhole known as nexus?
Nope. The problem with a big modpack is that everyone's prefences for what they like in their modded games is different and removing individual mods from a pack can be a giant pain.
Also nexus' search has filters for adult content.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know if ENB can be enabled through MO? I'm trying to keep the main Skyrim folder as virgin as possible.
Nope. MO can only deal with anything that would normally go into the Data folder or one of it's subfolders.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 1, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Benjamin Black posted:

Should I bother with Open Cities, or is it still more trouble than it's worth?
Last time I used an open cities mod there were fifty million compatibility patches, performance issues, and lots of glitches despite.
I wouldn't bother with it. The last version before 1.9 hit worked pretty well, but the last patch caused Open Cities to have performance/CTD/freezing issues and Arthmoor gave up on it.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 2, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Leelee posted:

Is there any mod out there that ever fixed the glass cases not holding anything in the Hearthfire homes? That drives me crazy that I can't store any daggers or anything, and all I can do with those cases is open and close them.
You can place items in the display cases yourself. Standard decoration tips apply: Drop the item on the ground, then exit & reenter the room. Grab the item by holding down the use-key for a moment. Once you've dragged the item where you want it, release it by tapping the use-key.
For more precise item placement you can use these console commands:
GetPos <X,Y,Z>
SetPos <X,Y,Z> <value float>
GetAngle <X,Y,Z>
SetAngle <X,Y,Z> <value float>
Target the item for these commands by clicking on it while the console is open.
Sometimes a SetAngle command doesn't seem to have an affect. If you either grab the item for a moment or do SetPos command, your SetAngle change will be visible.
Also if you use these commands to make an item float, that item will drop down when the area is reloaded.

The hearthfire homes do not have a noreset flag, so if you stay away for a while the interiors will reset and your carefully placed decorations will be ruined. This mod gives them the noreset flag.

If you just want to place a knife or something in the display cases you could try this mod. This will prevent you from putting in items yourself though.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 3, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DeeVoc posted:

I'm finally playing all the way through this a year or so after buying it. I'm assuming I should just install the Unofficial Path and leave the rest be, you know, just to fix fun stuff like having Skjor call me a welp and give me tasks to do months after he was killed . . .
If you haven't played Skyrim before, then I'd instal the Unofficial Patches and then play for a while so you can see excactly what it is you want to change/add/remove before throwing in mods willy nilly.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Any idea? I'd really like to shut down the sun :black101:
Do you have the DLC? Thunderchild requires both Dawnguard and Dragonborn.
You can also try grabbing TES5Edit, have it process your loadorder and see if it spits out any errors.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Ah, here we go. No I've only got the base game! Problem solved!
Read the description and/or readme of mods before installing them.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lazerbeam posted:

I'm having a weird issue with a self made mod:
When I first load up my game, it usually works just fine (I walk into the "dungeon" I made and face a room full of enemies), but when I load it up again the enemies in the dungeon are all much weaker (from hard difficulty to easy). When loading a third time, the dungeon will just be empty. It's almost like the mod goes back to previous saves of itself. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I don't really understand what the problem you're describing is. Could you upload the mod along with instructions on how to reproduce the issue?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lazerbeam posted:

Where would you like me to upload it too?
Sorry if that was a poor description, how's this:
1) I start the game and load my save file, the dungeon works at this point usually.
2) I then load my save file again (as in the exact same save file as before) and for some reason the dungeon has weaker enemies.
3) After loading the save again, the dungeon is suddenly empty.
Upload it on dropbox or depositfiles, something like that.
And that is weird. That save you load, is it inside the dungeon?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Inverness posted:

I'm reminded of my Oblivion days and seeing people who didn't want to use OBSE for some reason. :rolleyes:
Time to link my favorite anti-SKSE rant again. Some people are just really, really dumb. For extra fun: check the "update" at the bottom. The SKSE download has always included a readme file with basic instal instruction.

Lazerbeam posted:

Sorry if that was a poor description, how's this:
1) I start the game and load my save file, the dungeon works at this point usually.
2) I then load my save file again (as in the exact same save file as before) and for some reason the dungeon has weaker enemies.
3) After loading the save again, the dungeon is suddenly empty.
Whelp, I've learned something new today. This is apparently caused by your enemies being temporary references without any link to a persistent reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93691649/thePitt_RaygCleanedPersist.esp
I've flagged the actor references themselves as persistent and that seemed to have fixed to the issue. Persistent reference are never unloaded and continually stick around in the game's runtime. It's better modding practice to place persistent markers for your enemies, and then link the enemy-references to that marker. Check out how vanilla enemies are placed to see what I mean.
I've also cleaned the plugin as it contained a number of dirty edits. The CK has the annoying habit of flagging something you may have just looked at as "editted". You always want to check your plugins with TES5Edit to see if it needs cleaning.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 8, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Saliciouscrumb posted:

I installed the official high res dlc through steam, but I see mentions of it everywhere regarding which load order it should have in mod managers. What's up with that? Is it installed through Steam or through mod managers?
Loadorder (the order in which the game loads its plugins) is something you have to deal with when using mods. Doesn't matter where you got the mods from.

You can use third party tools such as BOSS or the various mod managers to set your loadorder. You can also do this in the Skyrim Launcher: Boot the Launcher and look under "Data Files".
The Launcher's interface works well enough when you have a few mods. But when you use more then a few, I really recommend getting one of the mod managers.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Is there a mod that fixes the eye adaption? Or ini weaks? I've just started a new game and the eye adaption is really god awful. :argh:
This mod edits the Eye Adapt Strength and Speed values in the Image Spaces and makes the eye-adaption-effect not so absurd.
I've updated it for Dawnguard & Dragonborn.

Certain mods such as ones that mess with the weather can add their own Images Spaces. With TES5Edit you can easily edit their Eye Adept Strength and Speed values to that of the Fixed Eye Adaptation mod.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 9, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr. Sharps posted:

Weird that the mod manager thing has it's own built in ini editor that overwrites whatever changes you make manually but whatever!
That's because with Mod Organizer you can setup different profiles where each profile has it's own mod setup and .ini tweaks.
The .ini files your MO profile uses are stored in \ModOrganizer\profiles\<profile name>\

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lazerbeam posted:

So I think I've figured out how to flag the actor references but I did it through TES5Edit, is that what you did?
Yeah, I used TES5Edit to quickly test if persistance was the issue. But as I said: having all of your enemies flagged as persistent is not the best modding practice. I really recommend checking out some vanilla dungeons and see how Bethesda placed their enemies.

Lazerbeam posted:

And while I'm here, what is the most stable mod for getting up to 4 followers at a time? I don't care if they won't ride horses and stuff.
This is a pretty lightweight and simply multiple followers mod.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

RennZero posted:

In vanilla, some followers like Lydia actually cannot die except by your own hand.
In vanilla followers have the protected flag. What "protected" does is force the protected NPC into a "bleedout" state when they're below 10% health. When a character is in bleedout, they not actively targetted by enemy AI anymore. The essential flag does the same thing.
Where essential and protected differ is that a protected NPC can still go below 1 hitpoint. So the player can still freely damage and kill them. And while the AI won't target a character in bleedout, they can still be hit by AOE effects.

The intention was for a protected NPC to be only killable by the player, but if you're standing next to Lydia in bloodout status and a mage is throwing fireballs at you, the splash damage from those fireballs can still kill Lydia.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Saliciouscrumb posted:

Just started playing. Been reading a lot of complaints concerning vampire attacks added from Dawnguard that kill NPCs in towns. Is that still a problem these days? Has it been patched or do I need a mod for that?
Yes, that is a thing.
The attacks only spawn at night, so if you avoid cities and towns when it's dark you'll likely never see an attack. Also if you use fast-travel, attacks such this seem to happen more often. If you must use fast-travel, travel to the stables instead.

I would advice grabbing the "When Vampires Attack" mod linked in the OP. It makes civilian NPCs run away from the scary monsters.
Alternatively, This is a mod that disables the attacks in cities. This is a mod that delays the start of the dawguard questline.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Interesting--that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the responses. So would it be possible to remove the "protected" flag from party members, thus enabling NPCs to continue attacking them until they are dead?
Sure. Just remove the protected flag from the follower's alias in their supporting quest. For almost all vanilla followers, this is DialogueFollower. Mods usch as multiple followers, custom followers, etc can add their own quest-alias system.
The AI has no sense of self-preservation though, so expect your follower to die the first time you're up against a Draugr Deathlord.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's so weird that Bethesda tried an emergent gameplay implementation in a game that doesn't know what to do with itself when certain NPCs are suddenly targeted and killed by random vampires. I mean, a game like New Vegas has contingencies for this sort of thing, but Dawnguard just seems to break poo poo.
If you're talking about the system where if a NPC dies, another NPC can take over their job, then Dawnguard doesn't break that.
The problem is more that Bethesda didn't think things through and failed to realise that there's a very real chance of NPCs dying due to Dawnguard's vampires or the vanilla Dragon attacks. And that players would get annoyed at loosing stores or having empty cities.

Bethesda really should have either implemented the AI's "confidence" system better (which is supposed to make NPCs run away when outmatched) or have implemented something like the "When Vampires Attack" and "Run For Your Lives" themselves.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

gggiiimmmppp posted:

If they actually populated the cities with generic assholes nobody cares about to make them feel like cities it'd be no big deal for a dragon attack to kill a dozen redshirts and the chaos would be totally reasonable for a loving dragon attack.
Quest important NPCs, vendors and whatnot getting in the way and getting themselves killed would still be an issue then.

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Can the engine just not handle it or what?
A combination of engine and hardware limitations.
I think the Creation Engine could theoretically handle an actual large city. And if the art assets are wel optimized and if the city is designed in such a way that things like occlusion plane are put to good use, it might even run on the lower end hardware (read: consoles). The problem I see is that the AI is not very efficient and the moment a fight started amonst a huge number of NPCs, things would go badly.

At least Bethesda seems to making some progress. Whatever is used for faces in the Creation Engine seems to be better optimized then that crappy implementation of FaceGen in Bethesda's Gamebryo.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 11, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kilroy posted:

Where did you read this?
First half is about the Nexus' server troubles, the second half is about NMM

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alasyre posted:

Just because you and I know how to use something doesn't mean its an easy for the majority of the community to do. Running a SkyProc patcher as an executable only get you so far if you don't know that you need to move it out of the overwrite directory and replace it for each profile you run. Do you really think someone who isn't the smartest guy in the room wouldn't overlook this?
I agree that MO could use some better documentation.
But on the other hand, it's not unreasonable to expect that an user uses his or her brain. I'm not a rocket scientist or some mensa ubermensch and, between google'ing and trying things out, I figured out how to use MO. It's not difficult.

What I see quite frequently are people who come across a problem, or don't know how to do something and instead of even so much as attempting to work the problem out by themselves, or go and search for information, they instead immediatly give up and post somewhere with the expectation that someone will spoonfeed them the answer.
People like that aren't an indication that MO is difficult to use. It just means people are stupid. Really stupid.

Alasyre posted:

Unless it's Elys Uncapper, or MenuQue, or any of the other mods that sometimes don't work with MO for reasons. People in this very thread are reporting that Elys Uncapper and SPERG have problems working together when run through MO.
The workaround for having a plugin not work right when you have the .ini and the .dll in seperate folders is having Sperg's .ini for uncapper in the same folder as uncapper's .dll. This is a solution people could have found if they searched around with google. Also I believe that issue will be fixed when the next version of MO rolls out of beta.

As for MenuQue. Isn't that an OBSE plugin? I haven't looked at Oblivion modding in ages, but I have seen reports where MO had trouble presenting the .dll of the plugin to the script extender. I haven't had that issue in Skyrim though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alasyre posted:

Anyway, if anyone can give any insight into how the new NMM will work based on what was revealed (Symlink? What the hell is that?) I'd be interested to know more. I know we have very little to speculate on.
Symlink is short for symbolic link.
And wether or not NMM will be able to implement this well is just guesswork at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 12, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Too bad nobody bothered to preserve the original mod thread.
It's linked in the OP.

Cerevisiae posted:

Is it possible to use Mod Organizer with multiple different games from the same installation of it? I've decided I want to play another Bethesda game but I haven't managed to find any option for that.
You can't. You'll have to create a new installation of MO for that other game.

scamtank posted:

So I got to Avanchnzel and the last two ghost encounters aren't firing properly. :(
<snip>
I do have the USKP and the patch apparently fixed this stuff years ago.
Make sure you have the latest version of the USKP. I believe v1.3.3 included some more fixes for that quest.

Pierson posted:

How important is cleaning dirty edits via TES5Edit or whatever?
Checking for dirty edits and cleaning is quite important for making sure your loadorder works right. Yasser Arafatwa above linked the tutorials for it.
Cleaning won't solve your CTD and freezing problems however.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 14, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gato posted:

I've got a weird bug - if I fast-travel to Heljarchen Hall, the game hangs and crashes on the loading screen. If I approach the house on foot, the game freezes if I get within a 10-meter radius of the house's front door. If I approach from the north and enter from the back door, the game hangs on the loading screen. I can teleport into the house with console commands, but the game hangs if I leave manually - I have to teleport out again.

Much as I like the idea of some unspeakable tear in reality centered on my house it is quite annoying. I've done the standard stuff - updated mods, run Boss, Wrye Bash, cleaned the files with TESVEdit etc. Has anyone else had anything like this?
My guess is one of your mods is incompatible with Hearthfire. Disable mods to see which one is causing this. I'd start with mods that edit worldspace entries.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

give me thread posted:

Hey guys, wondering if someone can help please?
I installed Mod Organizer but it fails to start. I get the error pictured below. I have a feeling I'm missing a Visual C++ redist package or maybe .net, but the problem is I've got all VC++ packages installed and .net is also already insalled.
What am I missing? Help please!
Your problem is likely a missing or corrupt .dll.

You can try running the system file checker: Use the command "sfc /scannow" in a command prompt. If you're using vista or higher, you will need to run the command prompt as admin.
If that has finished, you've rebooted your computer and the problem is still present. Try uninstalling your C++ and .net redist packages and reinstalling them in order of release.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GrizzlyCow posted:

One of your mods needs Knapsack Enhanced.
No, it doesn't. Those lines in Globofglob's papyrus log mean a mod is checking to see if Globofglob has that mod installed, nothing more.
The papyrus log is not an error log for the Skyrim executable and is not very usefull when trying to determine the cause of a CTD. The only thing it tells you is what the last thing to get logged was.

@Globofglob:
The only real advice I can give is to disable/remove your various mods, texture overhauls and whatnot and start a new game in vanilla plus the unofficial patches.
Then introduce mods one at the time to that save, test each mod you introduce thouroughly and slowly build up a nice and stable modsetup.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Saliciouscrumb posted:

I'm running Climates of Tamriel and ProjectENB and it is really quite pretty. But is there a way to increase visibility at night? It's practically pitch black. I can't see anything.
I've dabbled with enbseries.ini and changed AmbientLightingIntensityNight, but I can't see a difference. Is there something else I can do?
The Climates of Tamriel download should have included optional plugins that increase the brightness during nighttime.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

give me thread posted:

I tried both of your suggestions and some things of my own. After much loving around and time wasted I looked at Inverness' post just above and decided to uninstall Mod Organizer 1.0.0 RC1, and install 0.12.9 instead. Everything now works and things are peachy.
You may want to see about fixing the problem sooner or later so you can use MO v1.0.0rc1.
The unofficial patch project at some point in the future is going to switch to a fake esm format (a .esp with the esm flag switched so the game with treat it as a .esm). With that change comes a new loadorder that all versions of MO before v1.0.0rc1 do not support.

I'd suggest either you or Inverness report this bug on MO's tracker. Tannin is pretty about good offering support and solving problems.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 15, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

epitasis posted:

Is that change gonna fix the problem of mods not forwarding fixes from the unofficial patches or does make them "masters" make it more likely that things will override them?
No to both.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

SKSE has an installer now, should I use that or should I follow the youtube video install directions?
The only difference is that the installer doesn't seem to include scriptsources and the files needed to create SKSE plugins. Then again, I guess the people who were demanding a installer probably aren't likely to create mods themselves.
For normal use there's no difference, so go with whichever one you feel comfortable with.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Do I have to archive the SKSE scripts and install through MO like the youtube says? When I try I get the "no game data on top level" thing and have no clue what to do...
SKSE IS working in game, though I have no mods installed. I checked by running SKSE through MO and using the "getskseversion" command to check
All "getskseversion" can tell you is if you booted the game though SKSE's executable and the version of SKSE you have. SKSE has several scripts that need to be placed under /Skyrim/Data/Scripts. It sounds like with the way you've set it up, MO is not presenting these scripts to the game. Without these scripts from SKSE, other scripts that utilize SKSE functions will not work.

That error message in MO means that the file structure of your SKSE archive-thingey is wrong and MO doesn't get what you want to have it place in the Data folder. If for some reason you want to use MO for the SKSE scripts, then I would not bother with creating a seperate archive and having MO instal that.
Instead, go the folder you've extracted from your SKSE download. There should be a folder called "Data", that contains another folder called "Scripts", which in turn contains the SKSE scripts. Rename the "Data" folder to something like "SKSE". Next open up MO's mod directory. By default this is \ModOrganizer\mods. Copy the folder you've renamed to "SKSE" over to MO's mod directory.
The next time you open up MO, this SKSE folder will show up in your list of installed mods and you can enable it.

But unless you want to start Skyrim without SKSE, having MO manage the SKSE scripts is not all that usefull and if you're really new to this, it's probably a better idea to keep things simple.
The SKSE download includes a readme file. Said readme file contains instal instruction in basic English. I'd start over, don't look at any weird youtube guides and just read the readme file.

Horizontal Tree posted:

Can someone teach me about BSAs? MO says if you don't know about them, just click "no", so should I just click no?
That's about if you want to extract the BSA archive, right? Yeah, just click no. Unless you want to mess around with the files the BSA archive contains, there's no real point to extracting them.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 17, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

What is happening though is that whenever I load a new area, the game "chugs" for a couple of seconds when I look around.
Do you have a solid state or a hard disk for memory?

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 17, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

My computer has both drives, though I rarely install games on the SSD. In this case, I did install Skyrim to my SSD but saw no improvements whatsoever in load times, so I moved it back to my HDD. My load times aren't long, though I was certainly hoping that the SSD would "smooth" things out. Alas.
Just so we're clear, you tested it on the SDD with your texture overhauls? Because that "chuging" sounds like the game is having to take time to load those large texture and the SDD ought to improve that.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

give me thread posted:

Yep using ENB, but it's always been like this for me for all the presets I tried. bFloatPointRenderTarget is definitely set to 1.
If you're using MO, then you need to edit the .ini files located under \ModOrganizer\profiles\<profile name>.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Isn't that the one where looking at the scripts made people realize that it doesn't actually do any of the things it claims? Like, the "enhanced AI" is actually just a few changes to the chance-to-block value and stuff like that? I think the old Awful Mods thread had a field day ripping that thing apart.
Yeah, and there was some amazing drama over Grimy's review of it.
Duel is not exactly unique when it comes to misleading descriptions. There are several mods that make claim such as "Complete Enemy AI Overhauls" and whatnot, but in reality just give enemies some extra spells or mess with their combat styles to make them more agressive. Doing that can still have a real ingame effect, it just isn't the "Spectacular AI Tactical Decisionmaking!" that they claim.

If you see a description that contains grandious claims, a lot of fancy pictures, and no actual details about the mod, chances are pretty good you're going to have to take said claims with a bit of salt.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 20, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

I keep backups of the mod folder AND a folder full of all the still-packaged mods. I've had to give my installs the scorched earth treatment way too many times to solve various issues and get everything where I want it to be, not doing that ever again.
You may also want to keep a backup of your MO profile folder.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

duggimon posted:

So I haven't updated Skyrim since February missing the last big official upgrade I think. I was wondering if updating the game and updating my list of mods, adding the DLC and any additional required patches would make my current saves unplayable. I suspect it will but thought I'd ask as it's a relatively small list of mods.
You should be pretty much okay actually. The DLC, patches and unofficial patches can be installed in ongoing games just fine. Mods can cause problems if an update leaves orphaned script registrations floating around, but even that can be fixed with the clearinvalidregistrations command from SKSE.

But to be save you could still start a new game. If you do, I'd get rid of UFO and check the OP for an alternative.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

What's a good way to increase the amount of dragon encounters and/or make them more interesting? I just realized that I've been playing for a few hours again but haven't actually seen a random dragon since the watchtower quest.
A basic edit just to get dragons more often is to set the global WiWaitDragon to a lower value via the console. By default it's value is 3, which translates to a minimum of 3 days between dragaon encounters.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 21, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kilroy posted:

But when you look at how the thing works and if you know how other tools work, it turns out MO breaks a lot of assumptions that those tools make to do what they do, and as a result using MO makes it a lot more difficult to use those other tools unless MO explicitly supports them.
If you simply don't like MO, then you do don't like it. But what you're talking about here is nowhere near as big of a problem as you make it. I can't say I find it to be more difficult to use tools like the CK, TES5Edit or skyproc through MO. You just have to know how to do it. The people who don't know how to make it all work properly and post here aren't an indication of a major flaw in MO. It just indicates MO could probably use some better documentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

WYA posted:

This is supposed to be whats in the .ini, right? I'm using MO and I made sure that it's the case for both my main skyrim folder and also the MO folder, but it's not working.
Erm, I'm not sure if I understand you right, but did you add that to the skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini files? That's not what you're supposed to do. Revert those changes if you did.
SPERG requires the Skyrim -Community- Uncapper which is a SKSE plugin that has it's own .ini file. The bit you quoted is part of SPERG's custom preset for the uncapper's .ini.

WYA posted:

Is removing a mod from MO considered uninstalling it?
If by "uninstalling it" you mean removing it from your loadorder/mod setup, then yeah.
If you either delete a mod from MO's mod directory, or disable it in MO's list of installed mods, it will be completely gone from MO's virtual Data folder.

• Locked thread