Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

So back to uncapper chat, if you have too many perk points how do you fix it? Even after hitting the reset button in the SPERG menu after correcting the dll and ini paths I still have too many perk points.

There's an option to set the amount of perk points you have. SkyTweak also does the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Under SPERG's SkyUI menu? I didn't see one. :confused:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Under SPERG's SkyUI menu? I didn't see one. :confused:

The one that my cursor is pointing at, that's where you can set your perk points.

Akalies
May 31, 2000
I'm sort of sad I haven't seen this mentioned much:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19446//

It adds a poo poo-ton of low poly lod models to the world, and really makes distant terrain look a lot busier. His screenshots really don't do it service. Make sure to use the light version of the Morthal esp if you have Hearthfire.

Before:

After:

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I've got a weird bug - if I fast-travel to Heljarchen Hall, the game hangs and crashes on the loading screen. If I approach the house on foot, the game freezes if I get within a 10-meter radius of the house's front door. If I approach from the north and enter from the back door, the game hangs on the loading screen. I can teleport into the house with console commands, but the game hangs if I leave manually - I have to teleport out again.

Much as I like the idea of some unspeakable tear in reality centered on my house it is quite annoying. I've done the standard stuff - updated mods, run Boss, Wrye Bash, cleaned the files with TESVEdit etc. Has anyone else had anything like this?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gato posted:

I've got a weird bug - if I fast-travel to Heljarchen Hall, the game hangs and crashes on the loading screen. If I approach the house on foot, the game freezes if I get within a 10-meter radius of the house's front door. If I approach from the north and enter from the back door, the game hangs on the loading screen. I can teleport into the house with console commands, but the game hangs if I leave manually - I have to teleport out again.

Much as I like the idea of some unspeakable tear in reality centered on my house it is quite annoying. I've done the standard stuff - updated mods, run Boss, Wrye Bash, cleaned the files with TESVEdit etc. Has anyone else had anything like this?
My guess is one of your mods is incompatible with Hearthfire. Disable mods to see which one is causing this. I'd start with mods that edit worldspace entries.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Just gotten a PC that can get Skyrim running, before I begin adding mods is Hearthfire worth keeping in? Or would it just be better to grab a house mod from the nexus and use that?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Unless the house mod you're getting puts the house right on one of the Hearthfire plots, there's no real reason to get rid of it even if you don't plan to use it. It's always good to have more things available, and I don't think simply having Hearthfire installed breaks any mods.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head
On the subject of house mods, are there any that add some kind of fortress/stronghold player home? Preferably with Hearthfire-like functionality, so you don't just get handed it in on a platter. Becoming some kind of minor feudal lord seems more appropriate for the Dragonborn than building a cosy homestead.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Tundra Defense? It's the closest I can think of.

Man, I don't know how the Nexus can still be so ridiculously lovely after just getting half a dozen new servers or something since the last time I looked. Every second link I clicked gives me a bad gateway or plain doesn't do anything. It makes recollecting all my mods a pain.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cardiovorax posted:

Man, I don't know how the Nexus can still be so ridiculously lovely after just getting half a dozen new servers or something since the last time I looked. Every second link I clicked gives me a bad gateway or plain doesn't do anything. It makes recollecting all my mods a pain.

As with most bethesda games, I keep a hard copy of every mod I install for long term use, in part to simplify situations where I wipe/reinstall, and to also have files on hand in case something mod-related gets overwritten that shouldn't have. It's helped a lot with coping with the nexus' months long case of server shits. Even better, several of the mods have since disappeared (or gone into semi-permanent administrative review) so it's nice to have a hard copy of them. If you've got the extra storage space, I'd recommend working your way towards the same thing.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Hey guys, wondering if someone can help please?

I installed Mod Organizer but it fails to start. I get the error pictured below. I have a feeling I'm missing a Visual C++ redist package or maybe .net, but the problem is I've got all VC++ packages installed and .net is also already insalled.

What am I missing? Help please! :(

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Hey, I'm having issues with both CTD's whenever I try to load and random CTD's in exterior cells. It's really annoying. I've tried taking out some script-heavy mods, but it keeps on happening so obviously I didn't get the ight ones. I took out Touring Carriages because I could never finish a carraige ride due to random CTD's, and Realistic Wildlife loot because Hunterborn already did the same thing so it was redundant.

All advice seems to be start a new game, but this is the 4th or 5th new game I've started. I have over 200 mods, but they should be compatible. I used BOSS. I used TESedit to clean most everything.

Last few lines of Papyrus log before CTD:
"_DE_Compatibility.psc" Line 705
[alias _DE_CompatibilityPlayer on quest _DE_Compatibility (180286F3)]._de_compatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "_DE_Compatibility.psc" Line 323
[09/15/2013 - 11:05:29AM] ERROR: File "KnapsackEnhanced.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
[alias _DE_CompatibilityPlayer on quest _DE_Compatibility (180286F3)]._de_compatibility.RunStartupCheck() - "_DE_Compatibility.psc" Line 748
[alias _DE_CompatibilityPlayer on quest _DE_Compatibility (180286F3)]._de_compatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "_DE_Compatibility.psc" Line 323

I'm pretty sure that's from frostfall, but the dude who made the mod says that stuff won't harm the game. Whenever I get a CTD on load though, its always around here.

Load Order:

Update.esm
02 Dawnguard.esm
03 HearthFires.esm
04 Dragonborn.esm
05 Falskaar.esm
06 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
07 JSwords.esm
08 moonpath.esm
09 More Interactive Items.ESM
0A More Interactive Items [Dawnguard].ESM
0B More Interactive Items [Hearthfire].ESM
0D SPIKE.esm
0F VHVP.esm
12 Belethor Vendor Fix.esp
13 unofficial skyrim patch.esp [Version 1.0]
14 unofficial dawnguard patch.esp [Version 1.2.4]
15 unofficial hearthfire patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]
16 unofficial dragonborn patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]
17 EveryVampireEyesGrow.esp
18 chesko_frostfall.esp
19 ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
1A fantasy music overhaul.esp
1B TradeBarter.esp
1C AK- Buyable Paintings and Pictures.esp
1D AK- Placeable Statics.esp
1E Babettes Feast Balanced.esp
1F BirdsHFclean.esp
20 Birdsofskyrim.esp
21 Dead Body Collision.esp
22 Hunterborn.esp
23 Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
24 Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp
25 Immersive Patrols Merged.esp
26 JBS_banking_redux.esp
27 JBS_hunting.esp
28 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
29 Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
2A Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
2B Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
2C morevillageanimals.esp
2D Painting In Skyrim.esp
2E Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and BOOZE.esp
2F Real Clouds.esp
30 Real Wildlife Skyrim 0.1.esp
31 ShootingStars.esp
32 SignTown_by_YURIL_1o5.esp
33 skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
34 SkyrimsUniqueTreasures.esp
35 Tytanis - Farming.esp
36 uncle sheo dlc.esp
37 vibrantauroras.esp
39 Convenient Horses.esp
3A Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp
3B DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
3C Footprints.esp
3D Footprints - Ash.esp
3E wetandcold.esp
3F wetandcold - ashes.esp
40 SkyUI.esp
41 Angelic_Demonic.esp
42 Blindfolds_of_Skyrim.esp
43 Cloaks.esp
44 Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
45 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.3]
46 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp [Version 2.3]
47 dragonpriestmasks.esp
48 Dwemer Goggles & Scouter.esp
49 FaceMasksOfSkyrim.esp
4A FaceMasksforNPC.esp
4B hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
4D OMageReplacerPack.esp
4E PIVariety.esp
4F Svs Collection Jewelry.esp
50 tbmchrysamere.esp
51 FS_UltimateAssortment.esp
52 dr_bandolier.esp
53 HarvestOverhaul.esp [Version 2.0]
54 HarvestOverhaulDawnguardDragonborn.esp [Version 2.0]
55 DeadlyDragons.esp
56 DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp
57 SkyRe_Main.esp
58 SkyRe_Main_Fix.esp
59 SkyRe_Combat.esp
5A SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
5B SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
5C SkyRe_EnemyScaling_Fix.esp
5D SkyRe_HarvestOverhaulDawnguardDragonbornPatch.esp
5E SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
5F SkyRe_StandingStones_Fix.esp
60 SkyRe_Survivalism.esp
61 SkyRe_Plugin_JaySuSSwords.esp
62 Unique Uniques.esp [Version 1.5]
63 AgentOfRighteousMight.esp
64 quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
65 CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
66 CZHCAD.esp
67 Hebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esp
68 hg.esp
69 moonpath_questdata.esp
6A quest_nomercy.esp
6B Northern Bathhouses.esp
6C quest_pitfighter.esp
6D quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
6E PumpingIron.esp
6F quest_sorcery.esp
70 Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 1.2.2]
71 When Vampires Attack.esp [Version 1.0.3]
72 quest_seaofghosts.esp
73 quest_thebiggertheyare.esp
74 The Fifth Gate.esp
75 throneroom.esp
76 Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
77 Thunderchild - SkyRe Compatibility Patch.esp
78 Tundra Defense.esp
79 wyrmstooth.esp [Version 1.9]
7A Thunderchild Wyrmstooth Patch.esp
7B DiversePriests.esp
7C FalskaarDawnguard.esp
7D Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
7E NonEssentialChildren.esp
7F SkyNotebook.esp
80 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
81 dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
82 Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
83 uncle sheo.esp
84 VampireLordFlys.esp
87 RRRE-Lite.esp
88 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
89 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
8A Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
8B Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
8C Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
8D ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
8E ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
8F ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
90 ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-6.esp
91 NPCsUseAmmoAllBows.esp
92 SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp [Version 1.2.]
93 Better Vampires ML.esp
94 UnblockActivateNoWereNoMap.esp
95 Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
96 ESFCompanions.esp [Version 0.3.1]
97 WerewolfMastery.esp
98 apocalypse - the spell package.esp
99 MidasSkyrim.esp
9A Nature of the beast.esp
9B FNISspells.esp
9C ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
9D Higher Bounties Hold Specific.esp
9E DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
9F Locational Damage.esp
A0 The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
A1 ArcheryDummyXP.esp
A2 GDO_Plugin_SkyRe.esp
A3 Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
A4 Vampirelordroyal.esp
A5 ShakeIt.esp
A8 Beards.esp
A9 XCES.esp
AA ESPv1_1.esp
AB 3DNPC.esp
AC RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
AD RND_BabettesFeast-Patch.esp
AE RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
AF RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
B0 Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
B1 RND_RWS-Patch.esp
B2 RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
B3 RND_UniqueBoozeBottles-Patch.esp
B4 FalskaarRNDHotfix.esp
B5 HothFollower.esp
B6 inigo.esp
B9 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
BA UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
BB UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
BC Atvir.esp
BD CompanionValfar.esp
BE drex.esp
BF Odvar.esp
C0 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3.2]
C1 Height Adjusted Races - Dragonborn.esp
C2 Height Adjusted Races - Dawnguard.esp
C3 Height Adjusted Races.esp
C4 SkyRe_Races.esp
C5 SkyRe_Races_Fix.esp
C6 water.esp
C7 WATER Plants.esp
C8 WATER DB.esp
C9 RND_Water-Patch.esp
CA skyrim performance mod.esp
CB morrowloot.esp
CC SkyRe_Plugin_Morrowloot.esp
CD Bashed Patch, 0.esp
CE Automatic Variants.esp
CF ASIS-Dependency.esp
D0 ASIS.esp
D1 SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
D2 BuriedTreasure.esp [Version 1.0]
D3 BuriedTreasure_Outside.esp [Version 1.0]
D4 MechaDragons - Guardians of Kagrenzel.esp

So, yeah, any idea what's causing the CTD's? All mods should be updated.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

give me thread posted:

I installed Mod Organizer but it fails to start. I get the error pictured below. I have a feeling I'm missing a Visual C++ redist package or maybe .net, but the problem is I've got all VC++ packages installed and .net is also already insalled.
What am I missing? Help please!
Your problem is likely a missing or corrupt .dll.

You can try running the system file checker: Use the command "sfc /scannow" in a command prompt. If you're using vista or higher, you will need to run the command prompt as admin.
If that has finished, you've rebooted your computer and the problem is still present. Try uninstalling your C++ and .net redist packages and reinstalling them in order of release.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
One of your mods needs Knapsack Enhanced.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

give me thread posted:

What am I missing? Help please! :(

You can find out the exact error in the windows application event log (events.msc). I've only seen that error personally when trying to run something compiled against debug libraries on a system without them. A 32/64bit compatibility problem should say something about an incorrect architecture iirc. Reinstalling MSVC redist packages sounds like a good idea.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GrizzlyCow posted:

One of your mods needs Knapsack Enhanced.
No, it doesn't. Those lines in Globofglob's papyrus log mean a mod is checking to see if Globofglob has that mod installed, nothing more.
The papyrus log is not an error log for the Skyrim executable and is not very usefull when trying to determine the cause of a CTD. The only thing it tells you is what the last thing to get logged was.

@Globofglob:
The only real advice I can give is to disable/remove your various mods, texture overhauls and whatnot and start a new game in vanilla plus the unofficial patches.
Then introduce mods one at the time to that save, test each mod you introduce thouroughly and slowly build up a nice and stable modsetup.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Can someone recommend me a house mod with lots of storage/mannequins ? I dont really want or need anything else. Just bookcases/display cases galore.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Riverside Lodge with Sauna is a decent one, IMO. It's got about 10 mannequins and several bookshelves for cramming books. And a shitload of weapon plaques and weapon racks.

Saliciouscrumb
Jan 15, 2002
I'm running Climates of Tamriel and ProjectENB and it is really quite pretty. But is there a way to increase visibility at night? It's practically pitch black. I can't see anything.

I've dabbled with enbseries.ini and changed AmbientLightingIntensityNight, but I can't see a difference. Is there something else I can do?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Saliciouscrumb posted:

I'm running Climates of Tamriel and ProjectENB and it is really quite pretty. But is there a way to increase visibility at night? It's practically pitch black. I can't see anything.
I've dabbled with enbseries.ini and changed AmbientLightingIntensityNight, but I can't see a difference. Is there something else I can do?
The Climates of Tamriel download should have included optional plugins that increase the brightness during nighttime.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Tried updating Mod Organizer from 0.12.9 to 1.0.0 RC 1. Getting consistent crashes on startup. Even tried the 0.99 versions and 0.99.1 worked but 0.99.4 and up crashed for me.

I've downgraded back to 0.12.9 and I'm not going to mess with it at this point.

This is what happens when you start piling on features and load two different versions of the C++ runtime at the same time. :colbert: I'm pretty angry about this.

Edit: I decided to try one last thing before giving up and did a fresh install of 1.0.0 into a different directory, and even that failed to start up without crashing. What the hell did this guy do. :argh:

Inverness fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 15, 2013

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

Raygereio posted:

Your problem is likely a missing or corrupt .dll.

You can try running the system file checker: Use the command "sfc /scannow" in a command prompt. If you're using vista or higher, you will need to run the command prompt as admin.
If that has finished, you've rebooted your computer and the problem is still present. Try uninstalling your C++ and .net redist packages and reinstalling them in order of release.

hobbesmaster posted:

You can find out the exact error in the windows application event log (events.msc). I've only seen that error personally when trying to run something compiled against debug libraries on a system without them. A 32/64bit compatibility problem should say something about an incorrect architecture iirc. Reinstalling MSVC redist packages sounds like a good idea.
Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the input.

I tried both of your suggestions and some things of my own. After much loving around and time wasted I looked at Inverness' post just above and decided to uninstall Mod Organizer 1.0.0 RC1, and install 0.12.9 instead. Everything now works and things are peachy.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

give me thread posted:

I tried both of your suggestions and some things of my own. After much loving around and time wasted I looked at Inverness' post just above and decided to uninstall Mod Organizer 1.0.0 RC1, and install 0.12.9 instead. Everything now works and things are peachy.
You may want to see about fixing the problem sooner or later so you can use MO v1.0.0rc1.
The unofficial patch project at some point in the future is going to switch to a fake esm format (a .esp with the esm flag switched so the game with treat it as a .esm). With that change comes a new loadorder that all versions of MO before v1.0.0rc1 do not support.

I'd suggest either you or Inverness report this bug on MO's tracker. Tannin is pretty about good offering support and solving problems.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 15, 2013

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head

Cardiovorax posted:

Thanks, that looks pretty awesome.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

Raygereio posted:

You may want to see about fixing the problem sooner or later so you can use MO v1.0.0rc1.
The unofficial patch project at some point in the future is going to switch to a fake esm format (a .esp with the esm flag switched so the game with treat it as a .esm). With that change comes a new loadorder that all versions of MO before v1.0.0rc1 do not support.

I'd suggest either you or Inverness report this bug on MO's tracker. Tannin is pretty about good offering support and solving problems.
Cool thanks for the info. I've submitted a bug. Let's hope for the best. :)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Raygereio posted:

Is that change gonna fix the problem of mods not forwarding fixes from the unofficial patches or does make them "masters" make it more likely that things will override them?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

epitasis posted:

Is that change gonna fix the problem of mods not forwarding fixes from the unofficial patches or does make them "masters" make it more likely that things will override them?
No to both.

Saliciouscrumb
Jan 15, 2002

Raygereio posted:

The Climates of Tamriel download should have included optional plugins that increase the brightness during nighttime.

Maybe my installation was messed up. I downloaded CoT through a mod manager and then enabled it. I never got any options to choose night levels or brightness.

Nvm: I'm going to reinstall this and choose a brighter setting.

Saliciouscrumb fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 15, 2013

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Raygereio posted:

No, it doesn't. Those lines in Globofglob's papyrus log mean a mod is checking to see if Globofglob has that mod installed, nothing more.
The papyrus log is not an error log for the Skyrim executable and is not very usefull when trying to determine the cause of a CTD. The only thing it tells you is what the last thing to get logged was.

Oops. Sorry, then, Globofglob. Don't know why I thought to post even when I didn't know what I was talking about.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Scyantific posted:

The one that my cursor is pointing at, that's where you can set your perk points.

Thanks didn't look at the advanced menu because it was greyed out. :blush:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any suggestions for house mods that have a good quest/money sink involved with them? I dislike just getting a key in my inventory when the mod loads.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
This weapon mod looks great, though some of the weapons might be too "fantasy" for some tastes. But hold on, Chakram? Xena run? Hell yes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Alasyre posted:

This weapon mod looks great, though some of the weapons might be too "fantasy" for some tastes. But hold on, Chakram? Xena run? Hell yes.
Those are some pretty amazing models and textures, definitely worth checking out. Doesn't look any more fantasy than any stock Skyrim weapons from Glass and up, either.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Anyone know why my saves keep getting hosed? It's like, the last one or two saves (usually an autosave from my last area transfer and my last "manual" save before I shut down the game) fail to load. If I go back to the last autosave before then it works and I can then enter the cell where the "bugged" save was and keep playing without issues. Also the game tends to become unresponsive when I exit Lakeview Manor or the big pub in Whiterun. I'm not at home so I can't put in a modlist right now, but what could be typical causes of this? Are there any "saving" mods that make good, clean saves?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

scamtank posted:

So I got to Avanchnzel and the last two ghost encounters aren't firing properly. :(

The scene where Roots is supposed to die horribly just has all three ghosts file up against the closed door, then the human mercenary shouts "Wait!" and they all disappear. The final scene near the Lexicon pedestal never kicks off and the ghosts just stand there forever.

I do have the USKP and the patch apparently fixed this stuff years ago. Is there a script I can kick in the reset button to make things work?
There's two things with this quest:

* The reward which was broken, and fixed by the USKP, then broken even harder when Bethesda tried to fix it in the latest patch, then fixed again by the USKP (no, seriously, the last official patch from Bethesda broke the reward even worse than it was before, and they would have been better off leaving it completely alone). If you have the latest USKP, this works.

* Some "missing scenes" that were almost certainly cut on purpose by Bethesda, but since they were left (unused) in the game files, in the grand USKP tradition of content restoration masquerading as a bug fix even if you have to create the content from whole cloth in order to restore it, this content has been restored. The problem? The restored content interferes with other scenes playing out which advance the quest, which is probably why Bethesda left them out. I mean, one of the scenes even happens *in the same loving spot as another one it overrides*, cutting out a key plot element and leaving the player wondering why the gently caress one of the explorers is laying there dead. And of course, what is happening to you now which is totally expected. If you have the latest USKP, this will happen to you. It's broken.

Arthmoor and Co. are aware of it and intend to take out all the changes to the quest itself in the next patch release, whenever that is. You'd think this would warrant a hotfix as they've done it for less before, but whatever. If you really got blueballs for completing that quest, it's only a few records to delete actually, but I think you'd probably need to use an earlier save to start the quest again.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Foxhound posted:

Anyone know why my saves keep getting hosed? It's like, the last one or two saves (usually an autosave from my last area transfer and my last "manual" save before I shut down the game) fail to load. If I go back to the last autosave before then it works and I can then enter the cell where the "bugged" save was and keep playing without issues. Also the game tends to become unresponsive when I exit Lakeview Manor or the big pub in Whiterun. I'm not at home so I can't put in a modlist right now, but what could be typical causes of this? Are there any "saving" mods that make good, clean saves?

In my experience, certain areas tend to hang on loading screens, the Bannered Mare (the Whiterun pub) and Dragonsreach being two of the biggest offenders for me. I've no idea why this is.

I had the same problem with my saves; eventually they just fail to load from the main menu. I can usually go back to an older save, but inevitably it happens again. I'm currently in the process of figuring out what the cause is, but that involves starting from a near-vanilla game and slowly re-adding mods until it starts to kill my saves. I'd be happy to report my findings if I ever get to that point. A result of this has been that I'm being far more critical of the mods I add back; I was surprised by the amount of mods I added but never even got around to using, mostly quest mods and such.

A quick and dirty solution is to start a new game, and make a save as soon as the game lets you take over. Don't plan on playing this save, so just use the starting Nord guy. Use a program to change the save file's Created on and Modified on dates to some time far in the future (to ensure that the save is always at the top of your list, thus readily accessible). Every time you want to play your messed up save, load the "starter" save first, and then after you are in the game, load your hosed up save. For some reason, my saves wouldn't load from the main menu, but would from a save already loaded. Keep in mind that this method doesn't fix anything, and your save is still probably hosed for good (assuming we have the same issue). Since using a save that won't load properly means that any saves after that one won't load properly, it would be wise to backup your last save that would load from the main menu so you can go back to it if you ever find out what the problem is. As I said, quick and dirty.

As for saving mods, I use AutoSave Manager and it was one of the first I added back, since I thought it might be the offender, but so far I've had no problems.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 16, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Real quick question; if I've created a bashed patch via the Mod Organiser do I only keep the bashed patch turned on and deactivate/remove/uninstall the mods I made it from? Or do I leave them all there and switched on?

futile
May 18, 2009
Keep the other mods active as well as the bashed patch. Make sure the patch loads last.

Gyshall posted:

Any suggestions for house mods that have a good quest/money sink involved with them? I dislike just getting a key in my inventory when the mod loads.

Silverfish Grotto requires both of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Thanks!

Found a few great hidden gem mods from a guy - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/2186064/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Basically adds variants of all the low level daggers/axes/etc. Very nice. I need to check to see if they are added to leveled lists, though.

edit: Also, with regards to ENB, I know you're supposed to turn off AA/AF and let ENB do the work. Can I still force VSync/force 16x AF in the Nvidia options? Or do they not play well together? The AF is recommended for a water tweak of sorts.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 16, 2013

• Locked thread