Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Seorin, which items constitute an artifact for the Artificer perk in SPERG? Is it just the items from the Daedric quests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

seorin posted:

Most things from here and here. I omitted things if they were disenchantable, had a non-unique enchantment, or had an enchantment that wouldn't really work on other items (a lot of shields). The DLC patches also add similar items from each DLC, again according to pages on that wiki.
Got it, thanks. I had a Blade of Woe that was losing charges and wasn't sure if that was counted as an artifact or not.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Seorin, I've just picked up the Lockpicking perk that should start lockpicks near the opening position but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. This is on a character that started on the RC1 and upgraded when the version on the Nexus came out (not sure if there was actually any difference). I remember reading in the other thread that this perk just gives you the vanilla perk, so I checked if I had that, and I don't. Doing player.hasperk on the original returns 0, while doing it on the SPREG perk returns rank 2, if that's helpful.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Tzarnal posted:

...Experience mods...
Thanks for the write-up Tzarnal. I loved Oblivion XP and, although Skyrim's skill leveling is a lot better than Oblivion's, I've also wanted to try an XP mod to see if I preferred it. Like you, I used DFB for a short while, but it never really clicked for me. I'll keep an eye on SXP and try it on my next character.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Hate to add another bug report for SPERG, but besides the Locksmith perk not seeming to work for me, Soul Scavenger is giving me nothing but Greater or higher souls, even on regular skeletons, draugr, and wolves. The only mod I can think of that might effect it is the Smart Souls SKSE plugin I use.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

seorin posted:

I'll check both things out, though I'm guessing the latter bug is either a weird conflict or just Skyrim being weird. That perk is one of many perks that read your game settings whenever you load your game (because any script modifications are reset on game load), so it always tries to 'know' what your settings are from any installed mods, not just assume the default values. Then, it modifies those settings via a script. Its modification is dirt simple in that it just drops everything down a tier. Lesser soul gets set to 1, common gets set to whatever your default lesser soul setting was, greater gets set to common, etc. So either something is modifying those default settings to a weird value, or Skyrim is spawning very high level skeletons and such. Either is possible, really.

I suppose it's also possible that somehow your game is remembering the script settings on game load. That always seemed like one of those things that shouldn't work the way it does, so it wouldn't surprise me if in some cases it works differently. If this were the case, it would be lowering everything by another tier on game load.
Thanks for looking into them, seorin. I may also chalk up the soul gems thing to some random Skyrim weirdness, as I've seen some Common and Lesser soul traps in my game since that post.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Also, the quest doesn't take that long to do. Run around any city doing the dialogue will let you finish in around 5 minutes.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

For Frostfall, how important are the cloaks and the cloak mods it recommends (Cloaks of Skyrim, Winter Is Coming)?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

So at some point, I picked up an Amulet of Talos off a corpse, and for some reason it's flagged as Quest-related. As a result, I can't build a Talos shrine at any of my houses.

Is there a way to fix this?
That is probably for this quest: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Return_to_Grace . Hope you use the Unofficial Patch, otherwise the wiki page says you may run into trouble you need to console through.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

The Doormat posted:

I wasn't able to find an answer on the Nexus pages for them, does anyone know if SPERG 4.0 and Better Vampires are compatible?
I've used both in the past and didn't run into any trouble. I can't think of any reason why they would be incompatible.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Has anyone tried Smart Cast? Any comments on how well it works? Like, when spells are cast using the features in this mod, do they behave normally, e.g. give experience and not cause bound weapon spells to bug out? I used Grimy Utilities before for some of the features listed but it was just too buggy for me.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hm, I'm finding an issue where I can't get access to some of the misc quests in Whiterun through dialogue. Like the lady in the Bannered Mare that you beat up, the redguard who gives you the quest to get an heirloom, and the merchant who keeps getting hit on by the bard. No dialogue options come up. I have Timing is Everything and Slower Companions Progression which are my only mods that impact quests. Anyone ever run into this issue?
Are you using Alternate Start - Live Another Life? If so, and you're using an alternate start where you've never been to Helgen, you'll need to advance the initial quest line at least partially to get those quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Klowns posted:

In MO install order doesn't matter correct? I've noticed a few mods on Nexus mention under the install instructions to install mod A before B and allow it to overwrite files. Since MO doesn't place files in the data folder the only way to overwrite files is based on the load order which LOOT handles?
No, LOOT handles plugins (.esp files), but not assets like textures, models, etc.. The way you handle conflicts with assets, which is what the install instructions you're talking about are referencing, is dragging and dropping the mod listings in the left list of MO. Rearranging them so the "overwriting" mod is below the mod that is being "overwritten" will do what the mod author wanted. The order on the left is completely independent of reordering plugin order.

• Locked thread