Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gonna give SPERG a try for the first time, been playing with SkyRe for a while but I got to the later levels (that the mod is supposed to be balanced for) and found the problem that my character felt like every other character I've ever played to high level, and that's boring. Don't like that most characters boil down to "Weapons or Magic? Would you like to minor in Stealth?" Look forward to some fun.

EDIT: I want to say that "Live Another Life" is probably the greatest single mod ever. I always felt that the main quest in Skyrim was very, very weak compared to Morrowind and even Oblivion, and that dragon shouts are a neat idea that were implemented poorly. The idea of starting out in a location that means you will have a completely different gameplay experience, sometimes not getting around to becoming the Dragonborn until way later, is brilliant.

cams fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Clocks posted:

And I'll get Live Another Life because drat if I go through the helgen keep one more time. Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
You will not regret it. On my newest character I decided to start in the Thieves Guild. I finished the entire Thieves Guild before I even started the main quest or did a single side quest and it was fun on a bun. Now the man discovered to be the Dragonborn is a lifelong thief who will face much more than he has ever seen...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

SPERGs uncapper ini actually slows Alchemy leveling by 10% by default since most people find it levels way too fast apparently (I find Alchemy in Skyrim to be too much of a pain to bother with personally). You can bump it up in the ini if you want.
Man, how can you not bother with Alchemy? I find it to be the 100% easiest way to completely loving DESTROY the game economy. Once you can sell potions to any kind of merchant, congrats gold no longer matters.

I guess I could see someone not wanting to be picking up ingredients all over the place, but I love catching butterflies!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I feel lucky cause I don't use any mod managers, just dump everything into the data folder, and have never had any problems.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

What does making a perk Legendary with SPERG do?

EDIT: Oh, this is a feature added to the game, not a SPERG feature. I had not maxed out a skill since this was possible.

cams fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 6, 2013

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Does using Unarmed in combat raise Pickpocket skill with SPERG?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

graynull posted:

Yes, unarmed damage is tied to pickpocketing perks so unarmed attacks raise pickpocketing a bit. Also works with vampire lord/werewolf claw attacks.
Ah ok. I'm doing some playthroughs where I force myself to roleplay a specific type of character and I'm trying to figure out how I want to play with the thief tree.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Anyone tried Falskaar? It sounds like a pretty huge chunk of content that could be fun.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Am I going to run into any problems legendary-ing a skill with SPERG?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yo hook me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Oh yeah SkyRe doesn't work with anything else, but the poster was asking for a simple option, SkyRe is pretty all in one and it balances quite well with itself. Personally it and some graphic mods are all I use anyway because I can't be arsed fiddling with lots of mods.
yeah if i was going to use just one mod, it'd be skyre

but i am using like 50 so sperg and all the other cool poo poo

• Locked thread