Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
One of the reasons I've stuck with Climates of Tamriel is that there's another mod that turns Skyrim into a winter wasteland. Does Purity have something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Scyantific posted:

We have actually tried this for Skyrim mods, but the goon who started it up and had full control/access disappeared (where are you GastHeidegger :()

Is there any remnants of it left? I'd be curious to see how they approached it.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Recommendations on mods to turn Skyrim into a full winter wonderland? I was using a CoT mod that did it but I'm tired of needing a drat patch mod for everything, and Enhanced Landscapes requires you to download even more mods along with a bunch of TESVedits to make it work even if you don't care about seeing way out into the distance or something. I just want Skyrim to be covered in eternal winter. :(

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 29, 2016

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Power_13 posted:

Thanks to this thread I've just completely reinstalled Skyrim and added a load of mods, including realistic needs & diseases.

When installing RN&D, it asked whether I'd installed the unofficial Skyrim patch as well. I answered yes, but I found that it came up in red in the plugin list, saying that the unofficial patch was missing. Looking at the patch, I actually installed the Legendary unofficial patch rather than the separate ones. So I went back and reinstalled RN&D but left the USKP unticked.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it better to stick with how I've done it, or should I install the separate unofficial patches and delete the Legendary one?

RN&D had a version 2.0 that was relied on USLEEP a few months ago but it appears to have been taken down. Which is a shame because it was infinitely better. :sigh:

You should just swap to a different needs mod though. iNeed works fine and it's what I've been using.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Whoa, what mod does that character creation? That's so much nicer than the default.

I also went ahead and started a whole new game this weekend, doing another total immersive style, and I just keep finding new fun mods to add that I didn't even know I needed. :allears: I love modding Skyrim.

edit: vv Thank you!

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 3, 2016

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I've used ABT - Arrows and Bolts Tweaks, Proper Aiming, and for fun immersive play, Scoped Bows. I also like Belt-Fastened Quivers because they just look better to me.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Back to the topic of Immersive Horses, I have a problem when attempting to adopt horses. The game will do its cell reload to replace the horse actor (as described by the author) but the game doesn't finish reloading, I guess? The screen goes black and elements of the UI remain (the cursor and cross hair for instance), I can move the cursor, but the game is basically stuck and I have to force close it. This is even with a fresh save with only the required mods to make it work. Any ideas why it might be doing this? I've scoured the IH thread as much as I could but I'm not finding anyone else with a similar issue. Just posting here as well in case someone knows what the problem is.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Well, steering this thread in a somewhat different direction, I recall some posters were asking about "mod packs." I found something like a mod-pack for Skyrim that seems to be focused on immersive playing. USE-ME Ultimate Skyrim Experience Maximum Edition (The names mods come up with haha)

I didn't try it myself but maybe this is what you guys were looking for. It focuses on the use of Requiem over other similar mods, however.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I've used both LAL and Unbound and I prefer Unbound to LAL, especially coupled with Disparity.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

GunnerJ posted:

There is a certain prerequisite for implementing such a thing.

:drat:

So as to not just keep this an emote only post, I'm thinking of doing a Paladin/Crusader type run in my next game. What mods would you guys recommend for this? I really like immersion and while I'm not a huge fanatic on the lore, I'd like to avoid content that is blatantly out of place in the game. I was thinking of giving the mod Cleric a shot for the religious immersion aspect, and for at least questing, I was going to do Undeath. I found some Paladin/Crusader themed armor, not sure about weapons yet. Any followers you think I should roll with? I'm playing with Inigo and Vilja for the first time as it is, but I may not be opposed to dragging them along with me a second time.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

You don't need a new thread to have a new title. :smug:

But gee, wouldn't it be nice though?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Dongattack posted:

Anyone of you tried playing with "The People of Skyrim"? (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72449/)

I'm looking to spice up my 1800th hour of Skyrim with some new sights, but i'm always vary about mods with loads of changes so wanna hear some trip reports if there are any.

I'm actually using this for the first time right now and I really like it. I haven't had any trouble with it as far I can tell. I use it with JK's Skyrim and they both work very well alongside one another. It's nice to see the stretches of empty land getting some habitation and improvements to some of the weaker settlements as well. I used to use Inconsequential NPCs but I never really felt like it had an impact on my game whereas The People of Skyrim does more than just add NPCs.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I brought it up before but this is the closest thing I've seen to a mod pack on the Nexus. It's more focused on an immersive play through of Skyrim however. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69587/

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
If they don't require one of the DLCs, they will likely require USLEEP, which does require the Legendary edition. It's affordable even when not on sale.

Any recommendation for a mod that puts shields on your back or any other nifty weapon equip mods? I remember reading in here that Dual Sheath is kind of bad.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Sky Shadowing posted:

I doubt he actually has the content duplicated, after all LOOT would detect and fix that for him, I imagine.

Inigo, from what I've seen on stream, seems like the closest thing to a 'perfect' follower for me, but he just grates on me a bit. I dislike special snowflakes quite a bit (ironically that's why I like Julan from Morrowind, he thinks he's a special snowflake then finds out everything he's ever been told is a lie and he's not at all), and Inigo seems like his author just tried a bit too hard.

Yeah, I like Inigo but he has a few tweaks that he desperately needs mechanically, and I could absolutely do without his silly little champion of prophecy story too. It's not over yet, basically at a cliff hanger while the author works on the next (and I believe final?) installment of the add on so we'll see what happens.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 30, 2016

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Complete Crafting Overhaul has an option to add Armored Circlet recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

And taking a quick glance at that mode, it cites that Quickfox one as the circlets used. So they are probably good even on their own as well.

I'm sure the overhaul mod is cool overall, but jumping in with "Our vision demands extra side components and only being allowed to smith daedric weapons at night! (unless you turn that off :rolleyes:)" might be a bit extra on the pile to start with.

Speaking of Extras, does that overhaul mod work out with SPERG okay? Since it talks about changing what perks unlock certain items, and a few other crafting perk related mods as required.

You seem a little upset about a mod having extra features that you can toggle on and off in game. It works fine with SPERG from my experience in play throughs.

Also there's no extra side components required to actually craft the circlets. You don't even need the Quickfox or Armored Circlets textures to use CCO's. You just craft them from a normal helm at a smelter.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 13, 2016

• Locked thread