Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I wanna say Realistic Needs and Diseases adds a few new recipes. It also adds charred meat which increases thirst but doesn't use salt, and a recipe to boil bottled seawater to yield salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Inverness posted:

Yes, discovering the fortification perk for Alchemy that actually makes leather and fur armor useful is magical experience for me. How useful is this for armor at higher levels of both alchemy and light armor skills?

This is also the first game that I've really tried using alchemy and it seems to level up rather slowly. :ohdear:

Alch is like anything else, leveling is based on the value of the potion made. Stuff like damage magicka regen are usually my bread and butter leveling pots. Using potions also gives experience with SPERG, so experiment and guzzle those pots. I always forget to use them and then have a bloated potion collection that is weighing me down.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Ugh, trying to figure out why this new character is having issues starting 'Hitting the Books' after finishing up 'Under Sarthal'. Attempts to use 'setquest' and 'startquest' on it have been unsuccessful. I'm not immediately aware of any conflicts with this quest. I guess I'll thumb through TES5Edit and see if anything is touching it. I don't know if it's tied somehow to the main questline starting or what, as I am using Live Another Life.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Bholder posted:

Apparently Undeath breaks that quest... don't know how, but it does.

Ahh ok, thanks. I guess I should have gone with my instinct and waited for Undeath later when it updates. I guess it doesn't kick in till level 30 so I guess I shouldn't be missing anything with it gone.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

cams posted:

Does using Unarmed in combat raise Pickpocket skill with SPERG?

Yes, unarmed damage is tied to pickpocketing perks so unarmed attacks raise pickpocketing a bit. Also works with vampire lord/werewolf claw attacks.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

No one needs muting more than Serana. She needs to be bound, gagged and thrown over the back of my horse so I can keep her from saying and doing inappropriate things during conversations and events with other people. I can understand why Harkon locked her away all those years.

Her dialogue chatter instructions must look something like: Sunny->Bitch about sun, ask to go in cave; Cave->Bitch about being in cave; Overcast/raining->Bitch about Skyrim weather.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

give me thread posted:

Yep using ENB, but it's always been like this for me for all the presets I tried. bFloatPointRenderTarget is definitely set to 1.

I usally turn the SunRays off though, but in this preset, which is Project ENB I think, the sky looks really dumb without it as it's tinted pink.

Are you using an older version of the ENB file? I had this problem with Project ENB and ENB 0.119 with my up-to-date Nvidia drivers. Since updating to ENB 0.2xx+ the Nvidia problem has been worked around by Boris.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I've been playing WoW again and had a lot of time to think while waiting for the goddamn boats to Northrend and it made me wonder if there were any mods for Skyrim that added any nautical content. I know there isn't a ton of open waters to explore, and I doubt the engine is such that it would handle piloting a boat very well (I remember the NV cars mod being a nighmare) but it would be fun to do. I also wouldn't mind some underwater exploration content. I hate when a game treats aquatic environments as an afterthought.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

khy posted:

I'm not really thrilled with the animations in the game anymore. I'd like to change it up a bit, and I'm wondering what some good options are. There's so much out there that separating the good from the bad is tough.

I was looking at this : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34950

The youtube videos seem really well done and fix some of the more annoying issues out there (Shields clipping through heads being a big one for me). I'm just wondering if there's others as well. Lately I've been playing some Overlord, I love those games and I like the animations in them.

I got Immersive Animations, which seems to be decent. Though I did end up falling down the rabbit hole of recommendations and requirements and ended up having to get like FNIS, XP32, Realistic Force and Dual Sheath Redux also. I like them for the most part, but the 3rd person torch carry is now down by the waist instead of held up high and I have not figured out yet how to fix it.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Playing the new Terraria patch and doing a lot of domestic work. Making me wish I had the modeling and animation know-how to make a 'Plowshares to Swords' mod. Would love to see some rural farming equipment converted to end-game viable weaponry. Who wouldn't want to dual wield hand scythes or impale someone with a pitchfork?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I always meant to ask Seorin if that perk scaled based on like weapon skill or damage dealt or what. In the brief character life in which I tried it I was able to bash open the novice and apprentice locks I came across.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I have a question about Morrowloot. I was looking at using the non-crafting version but was curious how it effects leveling Smithing. Does it tweak the leveling experience for improving weapons and armor at all to compensate? I mean it's probably not a huge deal, there will still be mod items to craft and jewelry is almost always the best way to level anyhow, but I was just curious.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Reeoorb posted:

Can anyone answer a SPERG question real quick? I dig Sperg, but installed Skaves (Staves of Skyrim) which apparently adds some block perks.

I can has both?! Are the block perks for Skaves any good?

I think you should be able to technically have both. I think they both exist, but only one skill tree layout is able to load at one time (and it chooses the last in your load list). You might be able to load SPERG last and then in game use the console to search for the Skaves block perk refID's and add them manually.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Has anyone come across a mod to make enchanting better early on? Like, enchanting seems to be total garbage compared to the items you find or buy for 90% of the skill's life, then you finally can make drop-quality items and then become OP once you hit 100. I feel like the only thing I do with it is spam-enchant rings to vendor because even with grand/black soul gems the items are just inferior.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

No dice, new download didn't work either. :(

I am just spitballing here, but are you using the wrapper or injector version of the ENB files?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Does anyone know what causes loot/inventory lag in a new game? I seem to have gotten it twice in this new game in which I'm basically using the same mods as previous games. I don't have a ton of stuff in my inventory or anything, and the solution just seems to be to go back and load an earlier save. A quick script latency test (thanks convenient horses) doesn't seem to be too worrying, about 50-70 ms average.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Ugh, has anyone else encountered this constant CTD when approaching the door to Labyrinthian? A quick search seemed to suggest that is happens to a few people but no real solution was found.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

LtSmash posted:

Are you using the USKP after the false esm change but not the hotfix? In version 2.0.0 one of the nifs that I think is part of that area crashes the game depending on the weather.

I think that may be it. My MO wasn't tagging USKP as needing updating, but it looks like there was a hotfix version I didn't get. Thanks.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Leelee posted:

Since the enb thread is closed, can someone recommend any ENBs that they enjoy? I'm looking for something that doesn't make things too dark- I don't enjoy really dark dungeons.

I used Seasons of Skyrim and Project ENB for a while, but finally settled on Quietcool.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Inverness posted:

Wait, this new feature actually lets mod authors prevent users from downloading their mod?

:psyboom:

Who the hell thinks this is a good idea? I can understand being able to moderate the comments even if some people might abuse that to avoid criticism, but this is something else.

You think The Nexus just likes to host adult mods? This is just part of the master plan to transform the community into an ouroboros of self-sucking and ego-stroking. Welcome to Meta Mods.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Inverness posted:

Anyone have some opinions on the Resplendent Racials package? Does it seem well balanced? I know I found one overpowered combination while using the Aurora Doomstone package with it. Being Argonian and having the Atronach sign gives you virtually infinite magicka due to the Histborn magicka regeneration combined with the low cost of spells from the Atronach sign.

I'm using it and really like it. I use it and the Doomstone mod together without any major issues with balance. I'm sure there are some abusive possibilities if used together, but that's no different really from the base game. I really like the variety of enemy racials for combat, like basically being unable to kite nords/khajiit and the crazy-but-fun bosmer NPC racial that makes them invisible in combat at full life.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Inverness posted:

Anyone know of a mod that lets you transfer enchantments from one item to another? The Epic Shout Package mod adds some rad greybeard robes that I want to use but not enough to forgo my current stock mage robes.

I've looked for a mod like that for a while, with no luck. It's one of the few things that I'm not sure if the engine even allows, since I've not seen it done. I think I even went so far as to enchant an item on a different character and try to copy the item ID to import into another game and it didn't seem to work.

Also, silent unarmed mod... never found one, don't know why it doesn't seem to exist.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Inverness posted:

Does anyone have any reviews of the Character Creation Overhaul mod?

I like how it makes skill leveling more like Morrowind or Oblivion where your major skills start at decent levels. But, when combined with SPERG, it seems unbalancing since at level 1 you're already anywhere from 25-40 when it comes to major skills. Combine this with apocalypse spell pack and scaled damage spells, and you're doing a good job of steamrolling people. I'm not sure if I just want to raise the difficulty level to Legendary, or remove CCO and recalculate my skills and such to what they would be at my current level normally.

That was basically my assessment. Starting with almost adept level of your +10 racial just felt really cheap, like I was skipping almost all the novice and apprentice level spells. I ended up ditching it and just setting my base carry weight to 100-150 depending on build.

Edit V: Yeah, but you probably aren't a fiend for RPness like I am. Plus I can use my bandoleers without turning myself into a walking armoire.

graynull fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 8, 2013

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Scyantific posted:

If you want I can give you my version. I added the shout cooldown bonus back to the Morokei mask.

I've been using Hoodless Dragon Priest Masks which seems to get a little finicky with having to make a merged patch for the files. I'd be interested in trying your version with the Morokei fix.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Can anyone give me some tips on the install order to follow for these animation mods? I'm using...

Realistic Ragdolls
XP32 Maximum Skeleton
FNIS
Dual Sheath Redux
Immersive Animations

I installed them in the order listed, running the DSRX patcher and the FNIS patcher with optional arm fix patch. I can get the 1h sword on back placement, but the draw animation is still at the hip despite selecting the back draw animation option. Both swords won't show up on the back, only one, and the drat torch is still being held down by the waist. I'm also not sure which order I should be running the cleanup BOSS->BASH->DSRX->FNIS after installation. I also installed the DSRX patches for the appropriate mods (frostfall, Immersive Armor, etc)

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Before I start investigating modding in my own pre-enchanted items, does anyone know of a good mod to provide cloth options for thieves guild and nightingale armor? I'd be ok with a no-armor version of the nightingale armor since it's kinda magic armor anyhow. For the thieves guild armor I'm not specifically looking for the same model with no armor, something like a basic brown robe for a subtle and novice cloth armor appropriate for a low level thief.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Gyshall posted:

Are there any mods that add a ton of blood effects and isn't crash prone like Enhanced Blood Textures?

Basically, got a Live Another Life random start as a Thalmor. Came across a civil war skirmish from Immersive Patrols, and killed everyone.

This would have been way cooler if the battlefield was covered in blood/etc.

Enhanced Blood Textures does a pretty good job of making those into an orgy of gore, or a gorgy if you will. Some people occasionally report issue with the mod, but I've used it for quite a while with no noticeable issues.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

kaschei posted:

I started a character, with Live Another Life, as a Dunmer refugee on Solstheim. I explored a little, quickly realized that being level 1 on Solstheim is not a Good Idea (it was a lot of spooky fun though) and want to get off this rock... but Gjalund Salt-Sage doesn't enter dialogue with me. He'll respond with "Speak, elf" when I try to talk to him, but nothing about passage to Skyrim.

Can I safely coc myself to Windhelm docks or is this a sign that I've broken the Solstheim quest somehow?

I think the LAL faq says you have to fast travel to Windhelm or some such.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Has anyone used Undeath 1.3 with Dawnguard recently? It looks like the author of Undeath made his lich form exclusive with vampirism and lycanthropy which might make sense but kinda fucks over some content, particularly the vampire side of the Dawnguard quests. I was considering making a necromancer who would go with the vampires and then eventually a lich but I know the NPCs in Castle Volkihar will at the very least refuse to speak to you if you are no longer a vampire, and it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to go dawnguard faction as a necromancer.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Wicaeed posted:

Even after running with the Force patch option, with the two .esp files enabled, it still complains about not being patched in game.

The gently caress am I doing wrong?

Shot in the dark here, but have you tried running the Skyrim Launcher first? I know the patcher uses BOSS which sometimes needs to have the launcher refreshed to work. It might have a patch.esp file even if you force generate one, but it still may be acting up if it didn't get to run correctly.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

NuckmasterJ posted:

So.. Oh god I'm new to modding. I just finished building a gaming pc and decided after playing Skyrim on xbox, I must embrace the master race and play Pc.

I've gone through the list, installed the Mod Organizer, SKSE, SkyUI, BOSS and Wyre Bash. I went through the list of mods and downloaded a punch, including all the patches. I've run BOSS and Wyre Bash and do not understand a single thing.

Everything in the mod list appears ok; SkyUI is telling me its out of date but other then that everything is green.

So how does one activate the mods, like alternate start and what not. I started Skyrim via the SKSE launcher and in MO and it just launches normally, and plays normally.

My apologies for being a stupid noobie.

If everything is installed correctly, your mods should all be active when you launch SKSE. The in-game SkyUI mod configuration menu should be an easy way to see if your mods seem to be active. Something like Life Another Life should be active and apparent as soon as you make a new character.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Well, it finally happened. Modding Skyrim has made it into a few of my dreams. They tend to be very RPGish anyhow, but after updating Immersive Armors the other day I found myself going, "Sweet, some new drops on this dead guard". I'm not even actively playing Skyrim at the moment but am continuing to browse the thread for updates and such. I knew I'd go insane one day but I always thought it would be a little sexier than dream mods.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Not working at all, even with all mods disabled. It's that goddamn animation mod I just know it - and even when I delete the files I still get the crash. If I have to do a complete reinstall because of this I will go loving ballistic.

If your skyrim.esm is gone, try verifying your cache to reacquire it? I've never heard of that happening before.

I have Immersive Animations also, and remember having to go through quite a few mods and be meticulous in my install order to get everything to work right. I think it was something like: Realistic Force->FNIS->Immersive Animations->XPMS Skeleton->Dual Sheath Redux->DSRX Compatibility Patches->FNIS Generator Patch->DSRX Patch.

This might sound stupid but if you're just using the data browser in the Skyrim launcher I don't think Skyrim.esm shows up on the list. It didn't in mine anyhow.

graynull fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 25, 2014

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

futile posted:

"Apocalypse New" is out. Author of Apoc Spell Package completely remade his mod from the ground up.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225

To quote the comment section, "Oh wow! New Apocalypse spell package AND SPERG compatibility patch!??! My dick just exploded!"

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I've been away from this game for a good while. I thought I'd inquire about a few mod options to see if people who have remained current with it know if such options exist now.

Are there any alt-start mods that work with Live Another Life that would let me start as a Homesteader on one of the three Hearthfire properties?

Has there been any progress on a 2hand/bow/xbow csting mod? The last I looked there were no good 1h xbows and the only real options was Grimey Utilities to hotkey a spell to just fire out of your face.

Is there anything new in the 'spellfist' category? There was a guy who made an 'Arcane Fist' mod a while back but it was way too effect-heavy and overpowered.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Is there a recommended mod to allow inactive weapons to still be equipped visually? As in, equipping two spells but still having your weapon sheathed on your character? I think I remember Armed to the Teeth being mentioned, and it looks like there might be a similar mod called Equipping Overhaul that does a few more things akin to Dual Sheath Redux.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I wish I knew why I randomly ctd while traveling around outside. It doesn't happen too often, every few hours, but still annoying. Infrequent enough to not be worth trying to track down the error responsible, as my crash log isn't really any help. Just have to save frequently I suppose.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Currently having a dick-waving slap fight with Better Vampires and its stupid scripts not running properly. After going through its somewhat extensive uninstall and reinstall process I think I kinda have it working now, albeit kind of precariously. Does it pose a long term problem with scripts/stability if I just load this dumb mod at the end of my load order and don't fold it into my batch and merged patches?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

What scripts weren't running properly? I've been running with it nonstop (just hit the highest vampire rank and its loving sweet.)

BV Protip: install Sneak Tools (with its 2014 patch), cut throats and feed simultaneously.

None of the scripts were working, as per the MCM status menu. It recognized me as a vampire but said the scripts weren't running so feeding wasn't doing anything. I've had it happen before, last time I played like a year or so ago as have a number of people on the nexus BV forum it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Anyone know of a good mod to add more colors/variations of the Alteration magelight and candlelight spells? I'm looking for some more flavorful options like a flame orb and other such options, at least in color. I've taken a look at things like 'Colorful Magic' but it looks like it adds a ton more than that and perhaps doesn't even do that.

Speaking of which, has anyone used Colorful Magic and have any opinions on it? It looked interesting, though the enemies and followers and whatnot it can add made me dubious of the quality and possible mod bloat.

• Locked thread