Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
Dont use vine ogres, they are mindless. Mindless units are 10% effective at repairing walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Drop them to air 2 before the random and they should be more reasonable

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Im sure wood is just as flammable as flesh, which is why plant things have no fire vulnerability.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

You guys are forgetting mistform, which anyone who can cast RoS can cast. This leaves them casting it on turn 2 but if thats not an issue you may as well save your mages

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Now if you wanted to mind control the air elementals there is another spell for that called Control which targets magic beings exclusively but I think it costs a pearl each time you cast it.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Boing posted:

Was this when I was Lemuria and you were Man and your Raven of the Underworld was killing hundreds of ghosts with Wither Bones spam and I feebleminded it by cranking out Black Bows of Botulf? Because I felt :smug: as hell about that

No that was actually my raven of the underworld.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Drop a million billion Earth Attacks on provinces where RoSers are jumping from.

You could also cast earth attack on the province the RoSer is jumping into, if you get lucky with the casting order and cast it after he cloud trapezes but before the battle occurs.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Im going to lose but so are the other 5 people invading me

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

The income graphs probably look that way because of the changing of seasons messing with the temperature scales.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

You can always cloud trapeze them into the fort and they will defend it

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Who all has bought Trillwinter's latest and most ambitious title CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4? I think we should get a multiplayer game up and going and LP it and all become legends in our own right in the Something Awful goons community.

We will have to all get together and slam out the first bunch of turns where you don't do anything. But just take screenshots and poo poo and each post our perspective like good LPs do.

I, obviously, would like to be the Senator.

I have this game and would like to play as the Troll King

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

If you never go AI you get to see the score graphs when you die.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Decrepus posted:

If you are thinking of picking Oceana.

https://youtu.be/JUa3ft2nhyA

Don't.

Don't listen to this guy. I'm playing as MA Oceania and it is awesome, just spam lots of the 3 resource ichtysatyrs and sirens. Use them to raid the crap out of things and kill enemy commanders and then stealth away before they get caught. Pick a pretender god that can beat up small armies and also gives you magic that you don't have. I picked an e3s7 awake kraken and I'm doing very well. Also make sure you grab some coastal provinces and fort them up, and the entire ocean.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

The AI cheats and looks at your moves before making its own moves

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

The patch gave Oceania a new mage called a Haliade, W2N2H2 with 110% chance of AWEN, aquatic only and not stealthy. She costs 330 gold and is honestly pretty useless.

Sirens and Capricorns also got chaos recruitment, but then their prices went up to compensate so really they just have higher upkeep now. They can also be recruited on the coast now. Its very minor changes overall, Oceania was always secretly a good nation and people just didn't know it.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Diabl0658 posted:

New game Idontknow

12 players, Late Age, thrones 7/4/2 15 to win, 15 provinces per player.

Lemuria is banned but Rlyeh is okay I guess.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Speleothing posted:

Aren't the N mages from uw nations mostly Capricorns who can already surface?

Pelagia's cap only mages have nature magic and are aquatic

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

The larger oni are decent if its late game and you just gold a bunch of gold from random events and you have alot of army buffs researched. Fog Warriors + army of lead + mass regeneration and then they are good.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Communion masters really don't need reinvigoration though since the communion will take most of their fatigue for them.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

I like Skeleton Romans and Communion Romans, but not Roman Skeletons or Plain Boring Romans.

I hope you aren't talking about my new favorite nation, LA Pythium, when you say Plain Boring Romans

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

For that cost id say +5 elemental resistance and +2 MR, or keep resistances as they are and make it 20 gems

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

No I think the vanjarl might have survived due to regeneration and bonus HP from the bless

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

what happens when you give an assassin commander a +leadership item and surround him with assassins and then try to assassinate someone?

He just assassinates someone, the unit assassins don't join him.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Libluini posted:

The thing I learned to hate the most about mage scripting is the way mages just kind of shrug and go off-script if the range of their scripted spells is too short.

There's nothing stupider then looking at your mages casting the same few buffing spells over and over because the only attack spells they can (and should) cast can't reach the enemy positions.

I mean what the hell, was it too hard to program a precision-penalty for ranges beyond normal? Or at least let them do what archers do if they can't hit something and let them move a couple steps.

When playing Ys, my Ysian Druids when engaging enemies under water would mow down every tiny squad of walking bait like magical machine guns, but completely ignore everything behind them. Enemy mages were always completely and totally safe. Oceania's pretender in that game learned he could just hang back, buff himself for five turns and then attack into my mage stacks, who in turn then would buff themselves some more instead of using attack spells against the giant squid directly in front of them.

(The mage-AI is also bad when not scripted, fancy that.)

Coincidentally, by putting all my mages in front as far forward as possible I learned the range of their underwater-spells is still too short to hit someone who put all his dudes in the back instead.

My kraken pretender was pretty much immune to water strike, especially when he was frozen in a giant ice cube (it increases a units protection). As for being out of range, you can tell your mages to attack x2 or x3 to get in range before casting spells.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

You could also tell your troops to attack instead of guard commander so that you didn't lose your entire army to a single foul vapors caster.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

If you have 999 astral pearls, why are you dispelling utterdark? Is there something you need gold for that 999 astral pearls can't get you?

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

Applebee123 posted:

Wingdings + obscure mods that add lots new spells and items.

You spend the game discovering ancient spells and items that were lost in the previous ascendancy wars and try to figure out what they do.

Also for added fun all base spells/items from the normal game are removed in the mod.

I would cheat and look at the mod file to figure what each spell does.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait what

gonna set the awe thing aside, what's this losing domscore when murdered bullshit

do you lose push domscore? do you lose max domscore? do you lose sacred recruitment?

dont die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

new yomi sacred

This is in turmoil 3 by the way, so everything relevant is really 3 lower

• Locked thread