Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
This game is going to be so good. Only a few more weeks and we can start playing MP. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

TheDemon posted:

Multiplayer is working just fine right now.

Saves are incompatible between beta and release and I don't really feel like committing to 2-4 months of playing the beta.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Feindfeuer posted:

For someone who plays Dominnions 3 only on and off by himself from time to time... is there a reason to 'upgrade' to the 4th installment? Asking cause I'm just guessing that it will be as insanly expensive as the 3rd installment again, which was probably the most expensive game i bought that year (not counting the mountains of moneys I waste on 'free' games)

The developers ditched Shrapnel (and their insane pricing model) some time ago. Dom3 has been sold for as low as $10 and dom4 is launching at $35.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Azram Legion posted:

Does anyone know anything about how the reincarnation trait works? I've been throwing white ones into random fights for 20 minutes and I haven't noticed anything happening.

It's really rare. I blew up a communion with over a hundred white ones and I got like 3-4 back.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
There are an enormous amount of quality of life improvements, it's a lot of fun finding all the new stuff.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

rzal posted:

Started a new game on cradle and took one province and this greeted me.
Anyone else seen this? It doesn't appear to be a throne province.

Indie provinces can get random events so I assume it was a slinger/infantry province that got an event that spawned a 300 elephant army on top of it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Charez posted:

What exactly are the UI improvements? The ones that I'm aware of are:

More detailed report screen
Can set newly produced mages to auto research
Can set your production queues to loop
Can enable an end of turn warning for idle commanders

Mage paths displayed on icon
Many improvements to army setup screen, including commander in-combat orders.
Servers you connect to are listed in a recent connections list so you don't need a separate shortcut for every MP game you're in.
Improved orders screen for commanders.
Spell info screens are vastly improved with more information.
Monthly Forging

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

dis astranagant posted:

My physical key doesn't work.

Same here. I imagine they'll put up a page where you can plug in a physical key and it'll spit out a steam key but who knows.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Irony.or.Death posted:

:siren:You can only recruit one hydra per month do not buy game is awful:siren:

Yup it's pretty loving terrible.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'd like to be a disciple, don't care nation or land/water.

Also there's more than 2 (more than 1) water nation in LA?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Learning the game with Ermor is bad because Ermor plays completely differently from any other nation (except for Lemuria and to a lesser extent Asphodel and R'lyeh) so there aren't as many transferable skills to take into your games with other nations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jon Joe posted:

Don't forget, if you joined the newbie game EZDomEZGod, upload your pretender!

And don't press the 'Start Game' button on the screen after you do so!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

amuayse posted:

Considering I was playing a blood nation, I would've thought this increases dominion.

Only virgins can be blood slaves, girls being promiscuous out in the woods is bad for business.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

How are u posted:

Whoa whoa, what's the hotkey for monthly forging?? I must know.

MOnthly, M was already taken by monthly rituals.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The best way to beat R'lyeh is to convince someone to play Oceania.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So when is this game supposed to be fully released again?

'Preliminary release date' is Sept. 28. Whether they'll hit that or not who knows.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Kylaer posted:

I rented a VPS and am trying to host a Dom4 game on it, but Linux is utterly alien to me. How do I make this work? I apparently have unzipped the .tgz file using the command line but I have no idea where to go from there.

In Dom3 I made executable scripts with the settings for each game and just ran those in a terminal, you can probably do something similiar for 4.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

nessin posted:

How do you do that, I've used the spells but don't see any option to repeat.

Use 'M' instead of 'R' to cast the spell. Same goes for monthly forging, use 'O' instead of 'F'.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Apoplexy posted:

I gotta ask in here since nobody on the IRC channel who's around seems to know yet: Can Dom3 maps be used on Dom4? I'm thinking there's gotta be no changes, but does anyone know more than that?

They should work fine but you'll have to edit the .map file if you want the temperature-specific provinces connections to work.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Mr Burglar Man posted:

Sore Losers looks like it got re-hosted, but for some reason I can't select Arcoscephale:

How are u posted:

There are still two people who need to upload gods to the new Sore Losers server. Do it by tonight or i'll just start the game without y'all.

MF_James posted:

That would be weremact and Mr Burglar Man, Sceleria and Arco respectively.

You didn't re-upload your god so there is no arco pretender.

uPen fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 28, 2016

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
How do I get the GGS to start emailing me again? The last message it sent was in 2013.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Is the graphless setting a game option or is it a dom4 thing? How am I supposed to cower in fear at the nation that is taking 2 provinces a turn with their god or mock the nation that got murdered by indies turn 2 without graphs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Well my first MP game is going well. My prophet died to a freak slingshot on about turn 3, and right now it's turn 10 and my lab province just got taken over by demons due to a random event. Expansion is ... not going as quickly as expected. Having fun, though!

We'll make a bad expansion league to team up on nations who get 12+ provinces year 1.

• Locked thread