Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

There's no discount for owners of Dom3 or anything, is there? I'd like to get back into Goonmionions MP, but putting down another 35 for this isn't something I'm keen on doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is a global version of Dance of the Morrighans possible now?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Isn't there also a global that freezes all the oceans and prevent movement in to/out of water provinces? That'd be a late-game option, though.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

With the Cookie Clicker fad going on, I'm wondering how long it will be before someone makes a Grandmatriarch pretender chassis.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tulip posted:

"Now"? I'm pretty sure people only touched negative order in mod games.

Turmoil 3/Luck 3 for life!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

TheDemon posted:

3.99h is on the way once it goes through desura's approval process
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/version-399h

"GAME Horror seed produced a sprite instead of a horror"

Well, that still would have been better than it was in Dom3!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Yeah, I don't really understand how you'd use them.

Body of Ethereal and then Gift of Flight or something?

The same thing you do with every troop in Dominions! Gift of Reason it and use it as a flying raider for mind games with your opponent.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

goatface posted:

I just had a guy with Awe 5, Fear 5 & protection 18 die to unbuffed militia, light infantry and archers.

What am I not understanding here?

The power of dreams.

Alternatively, some really lucky arrow headshots?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

NiknudStunod posted:

I have read up a bit on dom 4 and am itching to get into a mp game now. Are thugs and bless armies still a thing? I saw that the natures regen was moved to n9 so my early game summon giant toads as ctis may not be as effective. Can I still Summon some bad rear end commander gear him out in weapons and armor and watch him stomp all over the 100 wolf archers the ai sends at him? How close to dom 3 does dom 4 play.

Increased research costs made some pretty big changes the game's balance. Now that battlemagic takes longer to research, blesses are so much stronger than before that not taking one would be a risky gambit (in MP, at least). Thugs also have a longer window of viability once you get to them, since most SCs might as well be unreachable by any nation that doesn't have a good research engine (like Arco or Bogarus do).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

There's also the icing on the cake that the nation which gets the punch-horses has no way to command demons unless they get lucky with indies.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

I like this idea.

The more extraordinary the god, the more likely they are to have high domscore, abilities, high specific paths, etc. So like a titan with built-in awe, two high paths but high new-path-cost, and fear.

The more mundane the god, the more likely they are to be less godly-power-like (blesses, domscore), more diverse and have utility benefits. So a human archmage with one in ~four paths and two in a specialty, or a small pathboost, or inspiring researcher, or alchemy bonuses, or glamour, or any of those silly little things humans are wont to do in their quest to pretend like they're gods.

Have a banker who generates gold every turn in his quest to buy godhood and create a world where he can be safe from ever having to acknowledge the existence of the poors.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Game idea, needs a mod-person to make things for game:

DragonPass
Like ermorgame, but you can choose between EA Ulm and Marveni (with bloodsac removed)
Magic sites are rare
4x3/4x2 thrones, twelve points to win
No earthsnake
Common events, normal income/supply, etc.

Any other suggestions? Carcer's Caelum = DUCKPEOPLE suggestion has already been vetoed on account of Caelum not actually being birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Culka posted:

I made a little script which replaces poptypes and indies on a map (kinda like semiRandom for Dom 3 if anyone remembers it). Think you know how to expand with no losss against all the indies? There may be a surprise or two along the way now...

The downsides of this is that all the units are defined in the .map file, so the host can go full modpud and cheat knowledge of the starting situation.

Anyway, I created a game using the generator Here! Join to see what it's about!

Are just the indie garrisons replaced, or can you recruit the randomed units too?

• Locked thread