Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nanomashoes posted:

So in the space of two turns in noobgame I let about 100 units die of starvation while my hated enemy lanka killed all of his communion mages in a single fight with one of my 5 armies. We're our own worst enemies in noobgame.

Actually, that was my plan. 80 gold rakpatas lol who gives a flying gently caress. Just give em a blood slave and send off to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Keep sending those armies of mooks against me, I'll just turn em into soulless and send them back to you.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So anyway, this happened a couple of turns ago in noobgame...

And the battle footage:
https://vimeo.com/111901289

And assuming you don't want to sit through a 17 minute long battle, here's the crux of the issue

Yes, that is dozens of enlarged beetles and dragonflys blocking up everybody who could potentially kill Irminsul.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

God Bless.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boing posted:

I'm probably gonna lose but :allears:

mixed messages.png

Don't worry Boing, I'm pretty sure I can keep killing his armies of useless mooks till kingdom come

e: my kingdom, that is

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:haw:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nanomashoes posted:

I just blinded 700 units in one turn.

lol no u didn't. You did do some damage I'll give you that. Nothing a blood feast won't fix though.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neruz posted:

What is that bird even supposed to do.

go "boom"

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think I've ever been domkilled despite the fact that I roll with imprisoned dominion 5 pretenders constantly. Maybe I'm just poo poo enough that it never becomes an issue.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
batshit

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

yes

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aggressive early wars also tend to piss off your neighbours who may just invade you in return while your armies are busy and bam! you got yourself a two front war.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spincut posted:

Hey-o, Dom4 is $8.75 on Steam right now for the 12-hour flash sale.

Which means I purchased it and I'm upgraded from Dom3 now! I...am not sure where to start, of course. Are the nations that were carried over from Dom3 changed by a whole lot? Is there a good place to catch up on everything new? I think I'm going to sign up for jolly game.

Hello and welcome to the game of musical hitlers! Always remember to mail electric six lyrics to <everyone> every turn of every game. I never played dom3 so I can't help you there, but http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/ is good for looking up all the different units and spells and whatnot.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I Love You! posted:

It's a balance issue.

It's standard issue.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Diogines posted:

Not played in a while, starting up again, single player.

After you finish telling me I suck and that I need to play multiplayer

we just want more people to play with :saddowns:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Diogines posted:

I have to hide the fact I only play single player, a mob of people will demand I play with them if I mention it.

You're not doing a very good hiding then.

Sriously though, why don't you play multiplayer? It's like only playing chess against computer. It's a bit bizarre.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

malhavok posted:

Ditto. I have no idea what i am doing. I am paralyzed by the number of options. Tried looking for a basic newbie guide in the OP without much luck.

WMain00 posted:

Guys I bought this game what have I done? :stare:

Join a noobgame, get on irc, call everyone hitlers and lose hilariously! Come on, it'll be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Turin Turambar posted:

Pick Oracle as Pretender, take Dominion 8, order 3, production 3, growth 3, luck 3, drain 2.

Please do not listen to this man, he doesn't know poo poo. You don't pair order with luck, ever. That is dumb as hell on its own right. And never, ever pick drain, especially as MA Ulm. Jesus christ man, you are literally a retard. Please stop giving advice to noobs. And everybody else while you're at it.

• Locked thread