Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Aw yeah, Awesome Gods rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I've always found that with javelins you can just script the dudes to "fire". They charge up to get into range, toss a couple javs, and then they're right there for the melee.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Wait why do you have to be careful with bottles of living water?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Lprsti99 posted:

You have to be careful trading them away, because they're really good, and giving your enemy a bunch can backfire

Oh I gotcha now. Yeah I wouldn't be forging bottles of living water for a potential enemy unless I was getting something pretty swell in return. Those things are fantastic when you can really crank them out.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Kitfox88 posted:

Dishonor upon the foe who does this. Also if you do it to me I'll probably make you attack on sight forever because I'm a petty vindictive prick like that. :colbert:

Such is Dominions, where Internet Honor actually counts for something.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Yeap, the Throne of Gaia is pretttty bullshit.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

jsoh posted:

in literally we have the throne of gaia events and also the heliophagi demon gate bullshit events going at the same time, so ivy kings are attacking and also various demons lead by empowered kitted blood 8 summons

Dominions :allears:

e: if it were an easier / simpler game you wouldn't be playing it!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Yeah it's actually pretty neat and 15 province defense is usually enough to beat off most of the attacks unless you get a particularly huge number of vine ogres or have really poor PD in the province.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
They should show up as like free troops for Pangaea, only right.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
MA Oceania is the most signed up for nation...

That is bullshit and weird, man.

e: oh I think I had it completely backward, in which case: :lol: @ Ulm

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Dang these changes are pretty cool. What about early and middle era Caelum? How are they looking in general now?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hmmm I'm seeing a lot of people bitching about a perceived overpowered nation that hasn't been playtested at all and most importantly who are forgetting about the single most important strategy in Dominions: diplomacy.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Anybody been playing around with Caelum's sacred archers? What seems to be the best way to use them?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Sounds like its time for a mod that boosts the ever-loving poo poo out of artifacts now...

I mean, if you want Construction to be at all competitive.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Didn't the wendigo from the old Dom3 AwesomeEndgame change shape as it got more experience or kills or something? How did that used to work?

This is super cool and there's going to be hundreds if not thousands of ways to put it into nations. Awesome!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Is that a huge nerf to dom push strategies and blood saccing? What are the implications of this?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Turin Turambar posted:

Over/under of how many days until it's left unfinished? :P

I wonder if there's any other one game that has as poor a track record with LP completion as Dominions.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
What's so great about Zotz?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
4chan community probably all play MA Ermor :jerkbag:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Flame112 posted:

Attention all. AXE_COP is a NAP-breaking fucker. Don't make deals with AXE_COP. He just invaded me, like, 6 turns into a 12 turn NAP. And despite the NAP-breaking surprise attack, I probably would have killed his pretender if my own pretender didn't autocast the dumbest possible spell and route my own army.

Sounds like you didn't word your NAP correctly.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

amuayse posted:

I thought bootstrapping into a blood economy got harder now that scouts can't use SDRs. Or did that change?

You're still more likely to be able to bootstrap with scouts than ever run into Garnet Amazons or get blood mages from an event.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Nets can be very effective. I imagine that gold for gold icythids are probably a better value.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
60 range means you will hit most of the map.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It seems like Marv could be an easy fix with a change to slow to recruit and recruit everywhere Druids to make them recruit everywhere, one a turn. Maybe remove a couple of their poo poo paths to make them the battle magic powerhouses they were in Dom3. Then you need to address the shittiness of the troops. I reckon the best way is to make what they do best even better. I'm not familiar with Marv but I think they like berserking or something? Maybe just buff the poo poo out of some of their best troops so they can hold their own early game and that may fix things.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
And people would get miffed at me when I would say that the Bogus Target Commander bug wasn't an exploit. The flying raider poo poo seems pretty loving broken.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I kind of wish SCs and thugs were a little more powerful and viable than they are now in Dom4. Not as supremely dominant as they were in Dom3, but it'd be nice if they were more of an option. Anybody working on an Awful Endgame type mod?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
They also added some "gently caress you, SC" spells to schools that didn't have them, like Curse of the Frog Prince in Nature.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
New nations are always fun! I'm excited to see what we get!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Nothing on Steam so far.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hooray, LPs are fun!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's going to be cool seeing what modders will do with event modding. So many possibilities.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Besieged by the nation of /r Atheism.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

The guy that did nationgen made a mod that starts everyone off with the same generic nation (basic troops, a scout, a commander, a priest, and a capital-only mage that gets two random paths), and then puts level 0 and 1 sites everywhere that let you recruit actual troops/mages.

It is super hilarious to play.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/cataclysm-12-identical-crappy-nations-and-awesome-magic-sites

Yeah I've dicked around with this mod in single player and it is pretty drat hilarious, you never have any idea what you're going to find. You start out all weak and poo poo and suddenly run into a site that gives you jags or vanheres or those loving underwater Jomon dragon mages or Niefel giants. Can't imagine how chaotic it would be in multiplayer. Would love to see a LP game running this!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I believe they can also declare themselves Prophet too, yeah?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I know a lot of the Warhammer mod nations are pretty hilariously overpowered, and kind of would need to be played against each other. The Lizardmen in particular are loving bonkers, with ridiculously powerful Slaan mages with excellent access to at least 3 in every path but death and blood, little Skink priests that auto-communion, cheap blood hunters you can recruit in every fort, and very plentiful sacred summons that are tough, hit like trucks, and exist for every gem type so you'll never be stuck for lack of a certain resource. Oh and their regular troops are loving great too, never any problem with expansion. They're incredibly strong.

How are u fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 7, 2014

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Much in the same way that female units in Dominions must be weaker to fully conform to how women are naturally inferior to males in the real world, eastern dragons must remain inferior to their glorious western aryan counterparts. Realism is very important to this game.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mu. posted:

It's been like ten turns since I was insanely brutally owned in happyanduknoit so I have uploaded the videos of me being insanely brutally owned in happyanduknoit.

This is the videos.

The Virtue can fly, that's why it was able to attack non-adjacent provinces.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Mu, your youtube LP videos you linked a few pages back are actually pretty drat fun to watch. It's both endearing and frustrating seeing you figure your way through your Patala game. I almost yelled at my laptop when you dismissed out of hand the adepts of pyrophelegion (or however you spell it) from your Throne of Fire as useless because holy poo poo you're a monkey nation you have unlimited cheap archers who can use flaming arrows arghhh!!

Very fun to watch, hope you keep uploading!

e: oh thank god, like 3 videos later you realize you have those mages and they can cast flaming arrows :doh:

How are u fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 18, 2014

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Rudra are super duper cool and should probably be halved in cost because 60 pearls is waaay too much to pay. All of the high end monkey summons should probably be reduced by about half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Sounds like it could be interesting! Does Construction 8 ever get researched anymore?

• Locked thread