Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I summon the very fact that I am a man!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Glenn was pretty good in BlackBerry. The kind of character he played was definitely already in his wheelhouse, but hopefully it leads to other good roles for him because he's a solid actor.

Did anyone watch Charlie's movie? I guess it flopped pretty badly :ohdear:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
That's a shame. On the podcast he seems really thoughtful about the show's comedic sensibilities and what works and what doesn't. I was hoping he'd be able to deliver with his own directorial film debut.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Khanstant posted:

What is meant to be the drama or story arc of the movie, just the frustration of being the bridge between palm pilot and smart phones and not getting to the latter first?

It's sorta like The Founder if you've seen that movie where a ruthless rear end in a top hat (played by Glenn) is brought in to bolster a business but predictably tries to steamroll the rubes who brought him in for his own self advancement. Pretty decent movie, I'd also give it a high B grade overall.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Speaking of Always Sunny cast side projects, I've never seen The Mick and have some upcoming days off. Worth a watch?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Watched a handful of episodes of The Mick based on the thread's recommendation. It's not on the level of Always Sunny but it's definitely growing on me.

To be fair, early Always Sunny also took some time to find its feet. It's been a minute since I watched the early seasons but I feel like you can easily discount the first season before the gang establishes its group dynamic with Frank, and it takes all the way into season 3-4 for it to become solidly one of favorite shows.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Just watched the film Licorice Pizza which features Mary Elizabeth Ellis as a side role. Basically me whenever the Waitress was on screen:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Fat Mac > Thin Mac > Buff Mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Takes No Damage posted:

Randomly noticed lat night that Mac's mom is in Napoleon Dynamite.

She's also in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. She's got a stranglehold on the "mom who's a bad influence on her kids" role