Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Magic, pure magic. That was one of the best episodes they've done ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Charlie Day's career trajectory continues to draw in fantastic guest stars. The British scientist was in Pacific Rim as Scientist-Charlie's super serious counterpart.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The brief exchange between Dennis and Dee about shutting down mental institutions and raising taxes was done perfectly. It's was like watching a debate on Fox News.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Was that last bit a throwaway joke or were those characters from some other show?

That was what Dee and Dennis are going to do in 10-20 years to get rid of Frank.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

suboptimal posted:

Loved Dennis's rant, Mac's explosion, the glory hole confessional booth and the gruesomeness of Cricket, but I can't say that I really enjoyed that episode in total. Maybe I'll change my mind after a rewatch, but I thought it was kind of weak.

For me the best part was the quick mention by Mac of his urges and compulsions that he has to go talk to a priest and get them out and then he's fine.

Mac is gay.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I cannot loving believe ten years down the line Always Sunny has made one of its best episodes yet. This show could last for 20 years.

There's a reason Charlie Day is the one getting movie Hollywood movie roles, and this show could be his demo reel.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 5, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BCBUDDHA posted:

does anybody miss borderline retarded charlie??? this season he's pretty much the smartest one in the gang

To be fair, once the fragile mask the others wear that makes them seem sane has vanished Charlie is practically the most normal.

Frank: completely insane, has tons of guns, great businessman but hugely cruel
Dee: Consumed by her identity as a great actress/comedian, goes bugfuck crazy when she snaps
Dennis: Borderline personality disorder, sociopath, "tools! tools! I need my tools!"
Mac: Gay and super religious, completely obsessed with being a karate master

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I think I was most disturbed that Mac and Dennis talk about jerking it and set up times to do it. Or whatever.

I loved the implication of Dennis saying "I really don't want to stumble across what you're 'stumbling' across" as another casual Mac is gay reference.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

He was establishing dominance!

I feel we need to make it clear that's the only reason to ever do that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Oh God, this.

I mean, I've always loved the "exactly what it says on the tin" aspect of the title cards, and how perfectly they usually seem to match the cold opens. It's such an iconic thing in the show that I'm rarely disappointed. But this one had me laughing so hard I had to actually pause it right there just so I could soak it all in.

The rest of the episode didn't disappoint, either.

It ranks up there with "Mac is a Serial Killer" and "Mac bangs Dennis' Mom" as the best cut to title after the cold open.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

robot roll call posted:

I don't like how one of them says they're going to "face the music" and write season 12 next year. Is that gonna be the end?

Even so, 12 years still puts them as one of the longest running comedies ever, beating Fraiser, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Fat Mac was this insanely weird moment of creative genius because a show-runner decided to gain like 50 lbs for a season for the jokes therein, then lose the weight right after. That's Raging Bull level commitment for a show they know will never get an Emmy.

Even more hilarious, that Rob flat out says "no loving way any of us are ever considered for an Emmy, unless Charlie's movie career blows up enough"

pentyne fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 25, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What, no one loved the "single take" Charlie episode? It wasn't the best of the series but it was impressive as hell.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Russian hats thing was just so perfect. It's so simple yet mysterious enough that even I desperately want to know what Charlie and Frank were planning with it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think I could watch dennis yell at traffic all day. Also poor Dennis Jr. never got fed.

Also, how do 2 guys generate that much trash in a month eating nothing but boxed mac and cheeseMac's Famous Mac and Cheese?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Either Frank has been brainwashed or he suffered another traumatic brain injury cause it appears he's been turned into a liberal yahoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwZDhPt4i8E

It's amazing that a famous comedian from the 70s and 80s movies then faded away like so many others is now hugely popular among the 18-35 crowd due to playing a disgusting repulsive human being for 10 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I'm fine not watching that. It just seems like they had been working all day, were running late and were a little drunk/cranky.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they talk about it on the next podcast and kind of clear the air a little bit.

The crux of it seems to be literally everything Rob pitched was rejected that day and he was in a real bad mood.