Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo.

Holy loving poo poo.

I don't think I even have words for what just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
This is easily the worst thing the gang has ever done.

See also:

Waltzing Along posted:

Wow.

I think they broke me.

sportsgenius86 posted:

My god that ending was loving art

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I'm so ugly I can't even get a bus to hit on me :allears:

hughesta posted:

That was fantastic holy poo poo

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

They're back. They're really back. :allears:

armoredgorilla posted:

Holy poo poo. Welcome back Sunny

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ahahaha oh my god it's perfect

mwells_cubed posted:

"We wanted to show you that you COULD sink lower", ahahaha

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

"he's probably gonna kill himself" :toot:

This only minutes after they blame Dee for "taking it to far" by "joking" about being suicidal.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Crazyweasel posted:

From an artistic viewpoint it probably allows him to really get good ideas for episodes going, which improves quality.

It is unfortunate for all the people a season of the show employs and then "poof, paycheck gone" when he wants to take a break.

i mean working in his wife-troubles via his onscreen wife was a pretty good example of how Larry's life can positively affect the show. Mostly I might just love the Blacks.

I never really thought about the other people thought :-/ Hopefully the fact that it's hand camera means there's not too much in the way of crew to employ, and I'd imagine most of the actors understand how Larry's working. Comedians in Cars reminds me a lot of Curb in that Seinfeld almost certainly doesn't need to do that program, or anything but play softball with his kids in the Hamptons, but he still produces quality content out of his need to work.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Agronox posted:

If there's a spectrum of verisimilitude, this ep was on the "too ridiculous" end. The series as a whole walks a fine line and does it well.

Oh well, there's always next week.

The only thing that really was too ridiculous for me was right near the end during the water filter scene when the gang went "Frank you're just like the NRA" and nobody batted an eye. That whole sequence was way too intelligent in the Sunny universe for me. Everything else was on the "who the gently caress cares" level, because the gang gets away with so much poo poo in general.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Conquistador posted:

I didn't get the NRA joke but I don't pay much attention to gun stuff

I mean it's basically explained in the show. Many gun rights groups are known to be affiliated with actual gun companies. In recent history the NRA and similar groups have faked shortages ("The government is buying all the bullets so they can arm themselves to take your guns!") or generally drummed up fear to work up demand.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I don't think there was supposed to be any commentary, just the gang being complete lunatics making a mockery out of their own positions. This is Always Sunny, not South Park.

This.

If you got any commentary off of this, other than that people like Frank are scumbags, then you were watching too hard. Dee/Dennis and Mac/Charlie both started off trying to prove opposite points and couldn't come to their expected conclusion due to sheer, insane incompetence. The only "winner" was Frank who wasn't really even playing.

It's not a South Park where "these zealots are idiots and the truth is in the middle"...it's just "these people are idiots".

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I dunno I think Charlie made some really good points concerning the big Guns vs. Swords debate.

If I were to make noises and swerve wildly it would distract you! You couldn't keep up.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Hoffbonics posted:

Here's some takes of Charlie's drugged up song that didn't make it into the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH4T3LQvUs

I love Danny recording everything on his phone. He's super into it.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

nuncle jimbo posted:

Fishbowls and annoying staff and Carly Rae Jaepsen is like every terrible bar though

I'll one up it with a bar that has fishbowls and plays to an 90s nostalgia crowd. Hanging out with people in their early 20s who still get excited when they hear the Spice Girls is awwweeesome.

Exploder posted:

I could have sworn Cutty was their crack dealer, but you're right. Now I feel like a racist.

The crack dealer is a bigger guy.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
This show in general is pretty loose with the post production. It's used all over the place, but they don't appear to be particularly OCD about making them come out perfect.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

Mary Elizabeth Ellis is the best. She should be on the show more.

Who?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Just say waitress.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Simian_Prime posted:

"I have a bleached rear end in a top hat."

I always thought a great episode concept would be a one-off that focuses almost entirely on the side characters, with the Gang either off-screen or only seen briefly in cameo.

Working title: "Cricket's Revenge"

I mean the best episodes of late House seasons were the ones entirely from Cuddy/Wilson's perspective, and you only get random snippets of the House plot, usually involving people running around yelling. Getting to see the gang's antics from the perspective of someone only tangentially related to said antics could be great.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

FadingChord posted:

A Rickety Cricket episode could be pretty good. I keep thinking they've destroyed the character and they keep finding ways to bring him back and ruin him even more.

You think they basically killed him, and then he comes back after a dog tried to gently caress his throat hole.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I've been 100% onboard to watch the poo poo out of this show ever since I saw this clip.

The way del Toro just pulls the McPoyle mythology out of his rear end is beautiful.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
RIP Country Mac: The Most Likable loving Guy

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

The Most Likable Guy-loving loving Guy! :haw: :gay:

Also yes.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

gucci mangosteen posted:

Hahaha, and I thought our liquor laws here in Utah were draconian. Eat poo poo, people from other places!

Yeah, I was gonna mention Utah as a point of comparison, but then people just kept throwing out crazier PA stuff. I mean in Utah you can at least buy piss beer (<3.2%) in a grocery store/gas station, and that was even before they started loosening up.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Portugal. The Man does a great cover at their live shows. They also did a short promo with Sunny before this season aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77LhtUx_9uA

This is great. I wish I had seen it earlier.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Frank was by far the best thing about this episode. I also loved Charlie's beer suit.

He's lucky because alcoholism skips a generation... :eng101:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Hannibal Smith posted:

Kaitlin Olson just gave a pretty entertaining interview on Conan.

The highlight was her story about getting injured while filming the Lethal Weapon 6 episode. She and Rob had to go to the emergency room, and while they were waiting she noticed they were getting a lot of glares from people. She was trying to figure out why, and then realized it was because Rob was still in costume, including the blackface.

:stare:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, David Hornsby still does a lot of work on the show. I believe he's written at least one episode this season. Anyway, not like we see Cricket more than once a season anyway.

It's funny because I'm constantly forgetting that he's only there once a season. He just makes such an impact every time he's on that it feels like he's there more.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

He got cabin fever-- he went crazy from isolation (think The Shining). Also, he was probably going through hardcore alcohol withdrawal, delirium tremens and the like, as he never drank in those 6 days.

Maybe the hand sanitizer was how he was getting his fix.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
DT requires some pretty serious alcohol abuse, though. As far as I know, most cases are in people who are intoxicated most of the day, every day.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I certainly wasn't implying The Gang aren't potential DT candidates. I was just pointing out that you have to be really going for it with your alocholism to get to that level.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

And Dee's...everything

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Ithaqua posted:

It's a baked potato with the outside encrusted in salt, exactly as described. What else could it be?

It's not encrusted...usually at least. Usually it's soaked in salty water for a while to make the skin/part of the inside salty. Just giving a potato a salty crust seems like a terrible idea Charlie/Frank would do to get their electrolyte levels up or something.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

So much man-rear end. And shower wrestling. You can tell Mac had his hand in this one.

All dat man rear end. It was everywhere.

And of course Mac had an rear end double. He couldn't compete with that.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

That episode was so bad I kinda don't want to watch the show any more. I think I was mildly amused once or twice, but that's it. They can't all be gems.

Half the comedy happened between the cuts. Like when Dee walks in the the evidence, and then they cut to Dennis taking credit and Dee out of the picture. You have to fill in the misogynist commentary and bird insults with your imagination.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Wawa shoutout! They really do have great subs.

WaWa is the fuckin poo poo. (Or at least they're convenient convenience stores with things I like)

"I may have started a money fire"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

picosecond posted:

That was a hell of a send-off for Cricket and the McPoyles.

Cricket is gonna come back, now with severe burns across the side of his face, and missing the eye the McPoyles took.

"Man Cricket is looking rough this season"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

clockworx posted:

I was a big fan of "Mac and Dennis buy a timeshare" and "Flowers for Charlie" (another fantastic reveal). Most of the other ones are pretty good, with a few falling to the bottom (wasn't a huge fan of Gun Fever or Mac Day). Even the pretty good ones had their fantastic moments, like Frank and Charlie's segments of "The Gang Saves The Day".

MAC DAY WAS FANTASTIC YOU FUCKER

(though it has diminished over time)

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It probably comes down to the everyone else being really loving passive in that episode, and Mac being even more of a dumb little baby than usual. Which to be fair, I think the plot kinda required, but it does mean Country Mac pretty much has to carry the whole episode. Good thing Seann William Scott was funny as hell in the episode, a bad Country Mac could have made it one of, if not the worst episode they ever did.

That's certainly true.

If Country Mac wasn't the most charming Mac ever, then it would have been a marginal/bad episode, minus Sweet Dee's weed face.

But seriously, marry me Country Mac.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

I thought this was the best season since maybe 5. I love them all though.

The only real stinker of an episode that I can think of, ever, is Frank's Brother. There's one or two funny jokes (mouth hoagies!) but it's a chore to watch that one.

Yeah, that's definitely one of the worst. It's entirely too close to just being a normal story of love and betrayal and whatever. It lacked the kind of insane antics an episode of It's Always Sunny really needs.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
It was weird that they were Asian, right?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

There really hasn't been an episode or season I haven't liked, although season 7 did push the dark humor so far that it went past funny straight into disturbing more than a few times (that scene where Roxy dies and they just drag her out into the hallway and leave her there is just grim as hell).

Yeah, that was among the most :stare: moments in Sunny. She didn't even live long enough to really enjoy that dickskin jacket she bought from that gay boy :smith:

HelmetCheese posted:

That reminds me, probably my favorite Frank line of all time: "Welcome to our legitimate show of kids!"

Man, that episode was just chock full of amazing Frank moments. Definitely one of my favorites.

Seriously one of my favorites. It's the first episode where my roommate said "seriously what the gently caress is with this show?"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

And as I learned in Australia, you can then blow the bag up once empty and use as a pillow. Slap the goon, Goons.

Man that's the full, end-to-end alcoholism they've got going on there.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

The documentary with the crew about that scene is hilarious. They all laud Danny for his devotion to making humor, even at the expense of his own "dignity" (for lack of a better word).

"I think I saw....inside Danny's rear end in a top hat."

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

A season-long plotline where the gang kept going to that bar and gradually making things worse for everybody would be incredible. At the end of the season its basically Paddy's and they're all crack addicts.

Like kind of a Cricket thing? Because I think they could ruin those people over the course of an episode, hell, over the course of a B plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Is it me or is Always Sunny music showing up in way more places? It was on Comedians in Cars and a Time Warner commercial recently.

This is what happens when you use stock music as your theme music :(