Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I know man seeking woman is supposed to take place in Chicago but did they actually shoot it there? The outdoor scenes looked very not Chicago. Pilsen has definitely never looked that nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat, Cricket's straight gruesome nowadays.

Kinda surprised he didn't lose a body part this episode.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'm pretty sure IASIP wants you to think there was meaning behind the dance but in reality there was no meaning and it was just an absurd dance done in a philly prison by an insane guy which makes it so funny. Everyone in the prison was inspired except for his Dad, and Frank 'understanding' the dance was part of the joke.

Is Shawshank Redemption a farcical satire in your eyes too?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Doltos posted:

Considering Shawshank Redemption didn't build up 13 seasons of episodes about farcical satire, no.

There's definitely comical bits in Shawshank tho, one could even say Andy Dufresne's journey is played as a farcical indictment on this country's prison institution, and the operatic album scene itself is absolutely played as light, humorous, and a bit absurdist, I'm just trying to understand your justification in finding one group of prisoners witnessing a piece of art one way while not sharing that same mindset with a scene from another film that evokes the same imagery, I mean, other than personal bias.

And it's not like Always Sunny has NEVER been experimental with its formatting before, so saying the dance scene doesn't work because Sunny's tone has been nothing but farcical satire simply isn't true, hell, one of the most memorable episodes was an earnestly well-produced musical.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Charlie creating nickelschlager and then throwing up nickels was amazing

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ariza posted:

I thought it was an explicit rule as someone already mentioned. Should I stop listening to all podcasts that have writers on them? Because that's most of them and none of them have stopped.

Mick Garris’ podcast has been going pretty in-depth about the writers strike and interviewed a few writers on the picket line. Have you listened to those?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

for a dark ending, cut to him in the chair with a flatline beeee-- and the doc going wtf would be a wild sendoff

i liked the episode tho. once he started being able to walk everywhere my "this doesnt make sense even for sunny"-dar lit up lol

I was waiting for a smash cut to reveal he was being defibrillated after suffering a heart attack or a stroke at the end there.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Any word on if the podcast is coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Small White Dragon posted:

Just watched Blackberry and bald Dennis definitely threw me.

When he started ranting about being from the land of vampires I was like ah, there he is.