Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
If you guys don't mind me asking, why was the previous thread closed in favor of this one?

Edit: VVV

Evil Mastermind posted:

Pretty much because it was outdated. With the system revamp of Fate Core/FAE it was felt that a new OP was needed to cover the changes to the game.

Okay, thanks.

ThisIsNoZaku fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
There wouldn't happen to be any Fate games with mechanics for time travel is (are?) there?

ThisIsNoZaku fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 26, 2013

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Wow, I'd missed the part in the OP about the pay-what-you-like pdfs.

Evil Hat just earned a couple of future sales.

Edit: drat, there was no need for this to be a whole new post.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Look, Krysmbot hates me too! It's not just you guys!

That doesn't make it any better.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Been thinking a lot about running a huge, sprawling time travel game, basically so I can :spergin: out and end up with a ridiculously convoluted timeline chart.

Fate's perfect for it because declaring past and present events to gently caress with is basically just another kind of Declaration.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

TheDemon posted:

What gets me is my players have managed to write characters that are hilariously bad at figuring out what other people want. They'd completely stomp if I just ran a series of fights, or if they were on the offensive with a clear objective of their own, but put them up against *other people's goals* and they fall apart completely. It's great and I love them for it.

Playing shitwreckers who just stumble around comically in anything outside a fight is my favorite thing.

Those GMs thought they were punishing my power gaming, but who loved every minute while everything was going wrong? (I did)

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Has anyone ever used Fate diceless before? It seems like it would be pretty much the perfect story-driven "no randomization" system.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

loving incredible. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Transient People posted:

It doesn't. Items were a hugely wonky part of DFRPG. Let us take a second to remember that the first version of the duster was just 'armor: tons, all day erryday', for instance.

Which game would you (or anyone else) suggest for playing Dresden these days? General opinion seems to be that the cutting edge of Fate design has advanced since it was the new hotness.