Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Is this even really "conspiracy-theorist" territory? Does anybody who knows what the Warren Commission was seriously believe that Oswald acted alone? I mean, sure, to theorise otherwise is to theorise a conspiracy of sorts, but it's hardly the same thing as thinking there are aliens in Area 51. I thought every educated person took it pretty much as fact that JFK was killed by some sort of monied or political interest, most likely either Texan politicians or some rogue element of the CIA.

this is a million pages ago but the most frustrating thing about the kennedy assassination is the warren commission got it right all those years ago.

it doesn't matter how many people believe something or how educated they are - they're still wrong if what they believe has no basis in reality. though i too believed in some type of conspiracy theory for years because, like you said, it seems to just be accepted by the public as "what happened". the problem is all of the evidence points to lee harvey oswald acting alone for his own reasons.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

another thing that is very suspect is how the media handled the story. right when pizza gate came to light , there seemed to be a coordinated effort by the legacy corporate media to push the whole fake news narrative and to point fingers at russia and demonise them for supposedly hacking the DNC e-mails, instead of objectively reviewing the evidence. things like that just fuel the conspirational fire

there was no evidence to review.

lol "supposedly".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shbobdb, my good man, have you heard of "confirmation bias"?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shbobdb, my good man, have you heard of "confirmation bias"?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

one of my buds at work believes in the illuminati and poo poo and i try to get him out of the loony bin by going what about that political party in this country conspiring to make people dumber and act against their own interests in order to retain power and subjugate all classes of people apart from the party's own? why come up with some imaginary evil force when you already got one operating in the open??

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's impossible to get through to an antivaxxer. i made the mistake of engaging someone from high school on facebook about it and it was obvious she and her friends would just bury you in bullshit and even if you responded to all their points they'd just dismiss it as establishment propaganda or something. it was obvious from their talking points that they were used to responding to people who were fairly ignorant (bringing up the vaccine court was a big one) and not someone who knew how to respond to all their talking points. the denmark study alone debunks everything they believe but linking that didn't sway them one bit. there's all sorts of studies "proving" their point but they don't seem to realize that the website they were using doesn't have true peer review.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the spanish flu was probably the most lethal event in human history (in terms of absolute numbers).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a cool local conspiracy theory in the boston area going around now is that a serial killer is drowning young men and the police are covering up that the deaths are connected.

hmm which age cohort is most likely to get super drunk and fall into a body of water (also i knew one of the guys who died. i'm not the serial killer.) i tried to explain the clustering illusion to coworkers but it didn't take.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

globalism is the ideology of corporate technocratic rule. the erosion of national sovereignty, mass immigration and exportation of jobs to the third world to devaluate wages as much as possible, HUGE government subsidies and bail outs. unwoke confused "progressives" usually refer to this as capitalism but it has nothing to do with the free market. It says a lot about you guys and your anti semitic ways that you just assume the world is run by jews and that globalism refers to them

it does.

globalization is an economic strategy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you should watch his joe rogan podcast where they google and confirm whatever ""insane conspiracy" hes talking about, in real time. like 99% of what alex jones says is verifiable and true. thats what i dont get about his detractors, they refuse to go on google and research poo poo. youre like a sleeping ostrich with its head stuck in the sand.

joe rogan thinks some of the moon landing footage is fake.

joe rogan still doesn't accept the single bullet fact (i don't want to call it a theory because it's not).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

did all the jfk conspiracy mongers apologize for making america dumber for 50 years?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if the earth was flat i could go to the beach right now and look across the ocean at portugal. alas i cannot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

people still believe anyone other than oswald killed kennedy, the moon landing was fake, aliens crashed at roswell, ghosts exist, bigfoot is real, and 9/11 was an inside job. the earth being flat is about as stupid as any of those.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not that they forget there were other victims it's that "the holocaust" refers to the genocide of the jews (it was the translation used for shoah) generally speaking. the destruction of the roma is porajmos.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 17, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it bothers me a great deal that mengele died by drowning decades after the war. wish the nazi hunters had tracked him down faster.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they did try to replace santa claus with odin (arguing santa was a christianization of the norse god) and also replace the coming of jesus with the coming of hitler as the savior. jesus being a jew was a problem for them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish they had made the ratte tho.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Keeshhound posted:

No matter how often I see it, people treating the US Constitution like a goddamned holy book never stops being creepy.

we'd be in a lot better shape if people just treated it like a normal government document.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i've never actually seen much of the movies - what the gently caress were they thinking with that casting of nicolae carpathia? that's the name for a tall suave dude with jet black hair not a brunette wearing his dad's suit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

more like art bellend.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think he meant there wasn't an era where conspiracies were good fun. a majority of americans believe jfk was killed in some kind of conspiracy when it was oswald all by his lonesome - that kind of mindset is poisonous to society.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he was. it isn't a debate between "believe whatever the government tells you" and "don't believe anything the government tells you".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i said being incredulous of reality (jfk was inarguably killed by oswald acting alone - the evidence only supports this conclusion) was poisonous.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CountFosco posted:

I believe that Oswald was the lone gunman, but if it turned out that there was more stuff going on there than has come to light, I wouldn't be surprised.

that's a fine attitude to have it's just that literally all the evidence points to him acting alone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kennedy and connally's wounds are only consistent with shots from the book depository.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

george soros is also the right projecting (since it's their only move). the koches and mercers fund virtually every right wing group in the country.

• Locked thread