Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Gimmick posters need to be mass banned for a while, it used to be entertaining. Now it's just boring watching thread after thread fall apart due to the unoriginal annoying posting of some fuckwit not convincing anyone for a moment who just won't piss off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Animal-Mother posted:

Right, so, anyway. Watching some X-Files lately and I'm really nostalgic for the conspiracy theories of the 90's. UFO stuff, specifically. I don't think any of the modern online CT circles talk about that much these days. It's all new world order, questionable trade agreements, all the presidential candidates descending from the same evil bloodline, and rampant antisemitism. Did people lose their fascination with extraterrestrial life? Did the eminently real threat of terrorism take peoples' eyes off the skies? Maybe people just don't give a poo poo now that grainy footage doesn't impress everybody with a high def camera in their pocket. But really, if the government was covering up contact with aliens 20 years ago, wouldn't they still be doing it now? :tinfoil:

People that claim they have been abducted are lying. Now they can be asked for proof and no one believes them when they all claim they just happened to have been abducted the ONE time they left their cell, ipod, and tablet at home.

This is the thing that bugged me most about this crap. Anyone telling a story about being abducted is telling the truth, no matter how stupid the story or bad the witness, but anything the government (or someone that does not believe in UFOS) says is absolutely a lie.

FAKE EDIT:

Ever notice that the moment any of this mumbo jumbo is comprehensively proven to be fake it is INSTANTLY dropped by the theorists and never mentioned again?

504 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 26, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

QuarkJets posted:

And yeah, I have also noticed how CTs always believe that the government is lying, but Joe Shmoe on YouTube is definitely an expert and a trustworthy source

Those dumb fuckers that believe the whole "Buy gold, paper money is gonna fail!!!" line almost cause me to stroke out. Don't ANY of them notice the helpful advice filled website is willing to take their useless paper and give them valuable valuable gold?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Animal-Mother posted:

I never bought into alien abductions myself, mostly since I don't see why a spacecraft with Star Trek level technology would need to physically examine a specimen onboard, but the allegedly true story behind Fire In The Sky is.... intriguing.

What was the "true story"?

Id heard they admitted it was all made up.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

fishmech posted:

Er, the websites/phone lines don't actually send them gold, they send them paper certificates that are in theory redeemable for the gold (or silver or whatever). You just need to drive out to some warehouse in Nebraska or something to pick it up, it's so easy! :v:

Haha, that's even better!!

"Sure we will give you useful gold for useless money, but we wont actually send you the gold, just nip out and pick it up when the world falls apart..k?"

Amazing!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Quift posted:

On the contrary there is plenty of UFO stuff. if you wish to delve deeper into the the subjct you can google some of these keywords

Anunaki
Archonts
Archturians
Galactic federation of light
alien moonbase
mars colony
secret space program

these sites and channles have plenty of "information"
youtube"]user/ExoNewsTV
https://secretspaceprogram.org/

We are not talking about some mental case writing a website, we are talking about somebody stumbling into town claiming he just got his rear end reamed by the greys. That flat out does not happen now.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

No, it really doesn't.

I like that in response to "Not some mental case writing a website" you link a website.

EDIT: Beaten by a drink.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
As soon as you are willing to admit the truth of the moon not existing.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Quift posted:

What option did I have other than linking to a webiste written by a loon? If you watch their "documentary" you would get what I mean. These guys hang around in the desert, drink ayawhasca and claim to to beamed up into speceships on a regular basis. To claim it doesn't count unless there is some rectal probing involved is quite anal.

Exactly.

"What option did I have because no one claims it on TV or by yelling it in town anymore"

That's my point. (Pay attention here) It is only the blatantly mentally sick still claiming this, the attention seekers, the fame chasers and the liars have all given it up.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Kit Walker posted:

I imagine that beyond a certain level of wealth or power you just become completely detached from normal human society and at that point anything goes. It's not like anyone's gonna stop you from doing anything. You can do any amount of drugs, gently caress any number of people, adults or children, for a price that's more affordable to you than a cup of coffee is to the average worker, and literally get away with murder. This should be enough of an argument to get people to topple the parts of the system that make billionaires possible, but it seems everyone is more concerned about the dark skinned guy who just escaped here from a war-torn country

Once you reach a certain level of wealth you simply cannot improve your life anymore. A $100 meal is going to much better than a $20 eal, but you cant spend $1000 to get a meal 10 x better.

At that point all that is left is ruining it for other people.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Tell me more about the shoes.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

QuarkJets posted:

Today I caught a coworker trying to convince another coworker to buy gold buillion because the US government is about to be toppled by pizzagate

Am I right in thinking when you buy gold bullion you just get a certificate stating you own XX gold to be collected when you want it?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, my very first thought was "You give them money, they bank it earn interest and just give you back your money when you ask for your gold"

God drat I feel smart.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Comrayn posted:

unlike the government putting chemicals in juice boxes to turn people gay as population control.

Please tell me this is a real "theory"!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Sigh..

I don't get it, I love juice drink it every day. I've got lots of kids. Am I doing it wrong?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Goa Tse-tung posted:

#4 some people are born as ultra rich, pedophiles form rings to protect themselves, and people usually form rings in their socio-economic sphere

Um, no. That's obvious and does not make me feel special. So no.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
It's very interesting that you give THREE options, take the number 3, add it to your reg date and you get 9/11.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I'm friends with a guy that makes pizza for a living, am I suppost to be loving kids?

He talks about Katy Perry a lot, what's that mean?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I now love Katy Perry.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Baka-nin posted:

Yeah and you wonder why people have a hard time taking him seriously. I mean you contradict him yourself within a couple sentences.

Is this another long term unbelievably complex impossible to hide COMPLETELY successful scheme by the same people that can't hide their day to day gently caress ups?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I met a genuine flat earther!!!

He has all sorts of "evidence" on his FB page, also believes vaccines are bad and fluoride is some kind of plot. I pointed out he has an "extreme climbing" video where you can clearly see the curvature of the earth in the background but he hasn't replied yet.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

twistedmentat posted:

Yup.

Vice has a good article, for vice

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5gkm4k/this-man-believes-all-major-news-events-are-staged-by-actors

He thinks Morgan Freeman is Nelson Mandela, but also Jimi Hendricks.

What the ever living gently caress? Mandela and Freeman sure, a passing resemblance at a quick glance, maybe I could even accept "they look alike" but Hendrix? He might as well have chosen a Chinese guy for his third.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Xarn posted:

Or a very smart one, funding his rocketry hobby by grifting idiots :v:

its this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
God has punished Brian Tamaki for his anti gay stance

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/rubbish-fire-leaves-tamaki-with-serious-burns/ar-AAwcT3j?ocid=spartanntp

'bout time.

Ninja edit: Completely the wrong thread. Nothing to see here. Move along (OBEY)

504 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 23, 2018

• Locked thread