Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.facebook.com/annette.k.brown

I can't tell if this is a parody account, or not. It's pushing pretty much every conspiracy out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYG5emdZp8&t=1513s

Weather manipulation. CHEMTRAILS :tinfoil:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Animal-Mother posted:

Do these people think anything real ever happens? Do they think their life is the Truman Show?

They think they're the only ones watching it and everyone else is a character and has no clue how deep it all goes.

Jones has effectively changed conspiracy culture from a small group of mostly mentally unstable people, to thousands of insecure idiots that use it to convince themselves they're smarter than everyone else. Literally every major news event is a smokescreen for what really happened. I'm kind of amazed that Jones has been able to keep it going, but his followers seem to be quite persistent.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Evil Fluffy posted:

When Nixon walked because he was immediately pardoned it pretty much threw out the notion of a president ever being punished, and Obama made sure to remind everyone with his "look forward, not back" poo poo to ignore Bush and not send most of the administration to a windowless cell for the rest of their lives.

Wasn't Ford's rational that the country needed to focus on now instead of spending years prosecuting a President? Too bad the GOP didn't remember that when they spent years trying to prosecute Clinton.

My Imaginary GF posted:

What did Bush do that you wouldn't if you were President?

I'm not falling for your trap :colbert:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/tea-partiers-seriously-believe-in-secret-un-plan-to-turn-us-all-into-hipsters/

quote:

Urban planners are sometimes surprised when they’re accused of plotting to undermine capitalism and sovereignty by taking away their neighbors’ cars and forcing them to live in cities, reported The Post and Courier

“It’s coming up more and more, and I’m hearing about it from colleagues in other parts of the country,” said Bill Eubanks, a civil engineer who helped develop a master plan for a commercial boulevard in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.

These master plans are mandated by state or local governments to ensure orderly and responsible long-range development, but ideas that address sprawl and other environmental concerns raise suspicions about a possible U.N. plot.

“High-density urban development without parking for cars is the goal,” said Rosa Koire, of Democrats Against U.N. Agenda 21. “This means that whole towns need to be demolished and rebuilt in the image of sustainable development. Bike groups are being used as the ‘shock troops’ for this plan.”

:suicide:

edit

http://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/

Yep, it checks out. Old geocities design, wall of links on the left, huge tldr body in the center, scary gifs at the top. Sure is a conspiracy site, although I question their allegiance to the Democratic party. They'd probably be better of with LaRouche.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 30, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Genius.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'd be soooo tempted to respond to this post with links to unedited ISIS videos with the start time set right to the messy parts.

Or maybe one of the videos that show a woman with a clearly visible blown-open head but her arms blurred out.

Except then they will tell you that the entire video is fake can you not see the Hollywood director on the side and the entire effects team and fake blood and

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

This is so old, didn't this get pushed right after Obama came into office?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Wow, people seem to really be getting into ebola conspiracies. I've seen a number popping up on social networks.

They all seem to revolve around a sinister intent to infect a percentage of the US and reduce world population (the old standby). It'd be nice if the news outlets would stop trying to scare the hell out of everyone.

edit

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 13, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This Week was leading with that nitwit Congressman that said he *knew* about multiple ISIS fighters that've come through the Mexico/US border. They're approach wasn't "Why would a Congressman say something so ridiculous?", it was "Could what this Congressman said be true???"

They're basically enabling people like Jones with their refusal to label anyone as insane. People like Bachmann, Gohmert, King (the Iowa one), and Paul should've been laughed out of Congress ages ago.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would they confront these people when it might damage their ratings? What sort of godless commie monster are you to think that media outlets should care beyond their bottom line? :mad:

I know, I was just trying to be outraged again... :eng99:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

QuarkJets posted:

Have you guys noticed this sort of conspiratorial accusation with other insane groups?

It applies to just about every cult. And with conspiracies, it help people feel that they're *important* if the Big Mean Banks are spending time trying to silence them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Better get prepared for the Ebola outbreak that's already begun!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Crosspost from the toons thread.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Wooooooow, that's something else. I'd love to know how many of those they sell each year.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Cuddles posted:

I found this guy's website after he tweeted my company's recruitment twitter handle comparing our poor customer service to that of Obama's presidency. He copied Obama in too. His twitter profile has a picture of Obama next to a gorilla. Classy.

http://inelligible-presidential-impostor.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/thetheory-is-now-conspiracy-and-facts.html

Can "Ineligibility of Unqualified Presidential Impostor" be the new thread title?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I just watched an Alex Jones that said Obama was paying people to discredit truthers on internet forums.

I thought that was a SorosOp.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

McDowell posted:

'At this point, what difference does it make?'

Not my president!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Prester John posted:

True story: The first time I started seeking treatment for my illness (I was homeless at the time) I went to get an evaluation from an agency that helps people with mental illness. The butterflies decorating the front of the building (known as the "Transformational Center") almost made me bolt on the spot though. You see, the butterflies were markings of a Monarch facility, and I realized how perfect of a place a mental illness screening facility would be for finding good candidates for the Monarch program.

Wait, are you talking about the villain from Venture Brothers?

edit

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Two of your coworkers who you do not like are wearing red ties, this morning the president gave an address and was wearing a red tie, therefore your coworkers have been working for the government to discredit you.

This should be the thread title.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 20, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Prester John posted:

I should have explained a bit more in detail here. "Monarch" is the supposed codename for a subdivision of the MK-ULTRA mind control program. I think Conspiracy Wiki sums it up best here.

So what had me freaked out was the possibility that I would be kidnapped, then tortured in such an indescribable fashion as to completely lose touch with reality, and then have false personalities implanted within me that could be triggered at any time without my knowledge. I knew that although Monarch was primarily designed to be used on children exceptions were made for anyone with latent psychic potential, and I also knew that my powers in the wrong hands would make me a very useful disposable assassin. I was terrified both of being tortured and of losing any sense of control over my life. (I was terrified these things would happen because of my budding and ill controlled psychic powers.) I can remember years before I sought out treatment joking with some of my fellow "psychic" friends about "One minute your telling a doctor all about the stress of trying to control these powers, and the next minute you are reading Catcher in the Rye and assassinating John Lennon".

Ah, sorry bout the confusion. :ohdear:

BBJoey posted:

Your gimmick is bad.

I dunno, I always trust people with pony avatars.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

QuarkJets posted:

Come on, post your 9/11 logic tree already. Show me the truth!

Pretty sure that's it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Conspiracy Thread: I'm fine. I assure you. You're the one with all the problems. 

Man, y'all are ridiculous. We need a new conspiracy to talk about, arguing with that brony is getting old.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:doh:

zakharov posted:

Top conspiracy theorists attracted by this thread:

1) JFK
2) 9/11
3) ????? - have we gotten any moon landing deniers yet?

They don't want to get knocked on their rear end by Buzz.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 24, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.avclub.com/article/video-offers-irrefutable-proof-bill-hicks-alex-jon-212279

http://www.texasmonthly.com/daily-post/conspiracy-theory-alex-jones-actually-legendary-long-dead-texas-comedian-bill-hicks

The AV Club and Texas Monthly are finally breaking the Alex Jones/Bill Hicks thing wide open!

Included for context, Texas Monthly's expose on Jones from four years ago:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/alex-jones-about-explode

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So you want to be a televangelist?

Jack Gladney posted:

It must be so hard on Jones to become a part of someone else's delusion like that after spending so long elaborating his own delusions. Do you think that Jones thinks that video is a CIA plot to discredit him?

Everything is a plot to discredit him. Even fellow protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq7Hbv6wdzo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
RFID Chip Will Drag You To Hell!

http://youtu.be/YM9Fk14GNIw

"I want to talk to you about the AIDC technology, or as scientists call it, AIDC."

Tapley has gotten good lately, he's consistently predicting the end of the world sooner and sooner lately

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bow-street Bastard posted:

Or is that just what they want us to think?

This is pretty much always the answer.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ron Jeremy posted:

Oh you think there's a moon?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AddMEonFacebook posted:

keep straw-manning

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's like someone is role-playing Cartman on an internet forum. At least he was funny last time, this is too low-effort even for a conspiracy thread.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Getting high and staying up all night so I can sleep on my plane tomorrow. Why is everyone else such a huge pussy?

AddMEonFacebook posted:

a little too post-modern for me. I like to at least try to make sense.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's really only a matter of the complexities of economics that the price of gas is going down. The story is the same. The Bush's and king of Saudi Arabia have been brainwashed by a satanic cult that is controlling US foreign policy and commands the military through its control of powerful leaders.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Seriously, go back to you boss at the CIA and tell him to shove a dildo up his rear end.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 29, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

QuarkJets posted:

Hmm, I guess AddMEonFacebook fled once he figured out that he doesn't have any proof for his accusations. I think that we at least managed to convince him that anecdotal evidence is bullshit, maybe

Nah he/she just went to work, or sleep, or something. There's no winning that battle.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah, I mean, the obvious answer is that fluoride was put in the water so corporations could save money. Everything else is ridiculous.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Quote an article or something. You're just being arrogant.

No you're being willfully ignorant. Is the character you're playing capable of believing anything it's told?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Hey I found you a Christmas present, sorry it's gonna be a few weeks late. Gotta process my bitcoins first and that takes a bit with my telegraph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtCiJfq87_c

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It does kind of show you just how hostile the general population is toward people who question their version of reality.

:lol:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I really don't have the time to go tracking down municipal purchase orders. Call your city government and ask them who they buy their fluoride from if you're so interested.

It's like you're some sort of conspiracy chatbot. How many accounts do you have on prisonplanet?

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Basically I am framing the thread so you're kind of forced to respond to me and I'm not letting people just run away with ridiculous straw-mans about conspiracy theorists.

Or, you know, the dozen or so primary posters in the thread could start ignoring you and we could go back to making fun of sovereign citizens and the Third Eagle of the Apocalypse.

edit

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I really hope this doesn't de-rail the thread, but why not...

http://davidduke.com/

Congressman Scalise?

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 30, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alex DeLarge posted:

can we change the thread title to: "Admin with gimmick account tries really hard to be TobleroneTriangular"?

lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Now imagine the horse is also repeating bullshit over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ToxicFrog posted:

I haven't heard the Third Eagle of the Apocalypse one before, what is it?

Lemme get to a computer and I'll pull up the best video.

• Locked thread