Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Putrid Grin posted:

I'll turn into a slightly effeminate hipster with poor speaking skills?

Fair enough.

Yeah, I hear that the film is not as much poo poo as it used to be, but its still poo poo. The IP PR team is amazing to be able to sell it in quantities it does.

But I am still curious enough to have this film inflicted upon me, at great monetary cost and loss of my street creed.

Yes you will.

Seriously tho. Just read up on the type of film you purchased and follow what they say. Impossible Film is very finicky.

What camera are you using? I have a TON of Integral film cameras. I clean/refurbish and sell them but I do not shoot Impossible Film. I prefer the Fuji peel apart film and the Instax Wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

Musket posted:

The problem for me with impossible besides how smug their "street krew" is (they had a demo at the local photo shop near me and were pretty much insufferable to anyone who didnt give a poo poo about how cool they are), is that their film doesnt offer up anything awesome that you cant find anywhere else. You can get into InstaxWide, with cheaper more readily available film, Instaxmini for funsies and smaller size and still, cheaper film, or you can go find a cheap rear end Polaroid Colorpack or any of the cheap 100/200/300/400 series land cameras and shoot pack film and get not only better prints in under 30 seconds, but negatives you can reclaim. In the long run, Impossible film is just flat out expensive when you consider the alternatives that are out there.

Yeah I just picked up this old 600 land camera at a thrift store for $4 because....well it was $4. I think it comes out to be something like $3 a shot with impossible project film. I ordered a pack of it just to dick around with this camera a little and see if it works. There are a shitton of cheap vintage polaroid cameras out there that would be useless without the impossible project so I can't really knock them.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Putrid Grin posted:

I just ordered a pack of Project Impossible "Instant" Film.
Morbidly curious if it is as lovely as it seems.

I thought the first two pictures I got out of my pack were neat, and then the battery died which was enough to convince me never to buy any more.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Anyone shooting 600 and SX-70 Impossible Film. I am interested in the spent cartridges. Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Huggable Bear King posted:

Yeah I just picked up this old 600 land camera at a thrift store for $4 because....well it was $4. I think it comes out to be something like $3 a shot with impossible project film. I ordered a pack of it just to dick around with this camera a little and see if it works. There are a shitton of cheap vintage polaroid cameras out there that would be useless without the impossible project so I can't really knock them.

That's a good find. Worth about $50-$65 depending on condition.

try it with a lime posted:

I thought the first two pictures I got out of my pack were neat, and then the battery died which was enough to convince me never to buy any more.

It had to have a defect in the battery. Impossible Project batteries will last 10x longer than Polaroid batteries ever did.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

I have a Polaroid One step talking camera I got for 5 bucks on craigslist.
And it seems that my grand project impossible experiment is a failure, because it looks like the flash on my camera is burned out, and this beast seems to want to use flash for everything.

Will have to take it out in the sun or something and see how that works out.

I did like that I could see on the horribly underexposed photos.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

Whitezombi posted:

That's a good find. Worth about $50-$65 depending on condition.

really? that's good to know thanks. I got my film today, the camera works - even the flash! Black and white develops in a few minutes and looks pretty sharp.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Bought a polaroid 104 camera today for the mad price of $13. It's sorta grimey but in OK condition otherwise, though I'll have to clean the battery compartment and modify it to use 2x AA or a cr123. Any other function tests or issues I should be aware of?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Frobbe posted:

Bought a polaroid 104 camera today for the mad price of $13. It's sorta grimey but in OK condition otherwise, though I'll have to clean the battery compartment and modify it to use 2x AA or a cr123. Any other function tests or issues I should be aware of?

Clean the rollers and the inside of the camera thoroughly. You will want to check for light leaks in the bellows - if you see pinholes on the outside then there will most likely be a leak. I see them most of the time in the older and cheaper cameras. If it does have light leaks you can use liquid electrical tape to fix them. If there is corrosion in the battery compartment then watch the snap connectors - they fall off a lot of the time. Also the wires may be very brittle and fall apart.

Huggable Bear King posted:

really? that's good to know thanks. I got my film today, the camera works - even the flash! Black and white develops in a few minutes and looks pretty sharp.

Putrid Grin posted:

I have a Polaroid One step talking camera I got for 5 bucks on craigslist.
And it seems that my grand project impossible experiment is a failure, because it looks like the flash on my camera is burned out, and this beast seems to want to use flash for everything.

Will have to take it out in the sun or something and see how that works out.

I did like that I could see on the horribly underexposed photos.

That's a bummer. You can actually fire these cameras WITHOUT the flash. If you look at the shutter button there is another button right behind it. It sticks out on the bottom. Press it and the flash will not fire.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 7, 2014

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Did a complete cleaning of the camera, and it's really drat pretty for such an ugly camera. i ran a light all around the bellows and there weren't any light coming in, though i'll repeat it once it gets dark.

must've belonged to a smoker though, the clear plastic went from brown to completely clear after some windex.

i taped a CR123 cell to the original battery holders and slotted it in, and the camera shutters perfectly and adjusts as it should!

so the only question i've got now, other than trying at least one pack of the B&W film, should i get glossy or silk?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Frobbe posted:

Did a complete cleaning of the camera, and it's really drat pretty for such an ugly camera. i ran a light all around the bellows and there weren't any light coming in, though i'll repeat it once it gets dark.

must've belonged to a smoker though, the clear plastic went from brown to completely clear after some windex.

i taped a CR123 cell to the original battery holders and slotted it in, and the camera shutters perfectly and adjusts as it should!

so the only question i've got now, other than trying at least one pack of the B&W film, should i get glossy or silk?

Nice!

I've had to throw cameras away because of the amount of tar on them. loving disgusting. :/

I think silk looks awful and it will be more expensive than 3000b - it was discontinued before B&W.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Whitezombi posted:

Nice!

I've had to throw cameras away because of the amount of tar on them. loving disgusting. :/

I think silk looks awful and it will be more expensive than 3000b - it was discontinued before B&W.

Oddly enough, Silk is cheaper than glossy! (by like 20 euro cent) but i'll get the glossy instead

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Frobbe posted:

Oddly enough, Silk is cheaper than glossy! (by like 20 euro cent) but i'll get the glossy instead

Do they still make it and distribute it in Moonlands?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Whitezombi posted:

Do they still make it and distribute it in Moonlands?

possibly? i've seen silk and glossy at all the stores i've checked. They all also seemed to stock the B&W pack film.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Frobbe posted:

possibly? i've seen silk and glossy at all the stores i've checked. They all also seemed to stock the B&W pack film.

Dont tell anyone you have a local source for 3000b. Ever. Pretty soon you will be able to trade it for blowjobs.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Mimi, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

This is Mimi.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Whitezombi posted:

That's a bummer. You can actually fire these cameras WITHOUT the flash. If you look at the shutter button there is another button right behind it. It sticks out on the bottom. Press it and the flash will not fire.

So it looks like I need to hold that button on my camera down, in order to fire the flash.
Thanks for the heads up, this saved my pack of film from certain doom.

So despite what people might have gotten across from my posts, I was a big opponent of the Project Impossible. Its expensive, nowhere near "instant", and has major issues with the emulsion.

Now after fooling around with a pack, I loving love it.
I feel like a big part of my infatuation is the camera. I like the squareish format, it lets me shoot closer than any of the large instax cameras or the polaroid folders, and the flash is extremely soft and complementary to the skin. The exposure seems to be always spot on, which is more of a gamble with the instax.

The film itself has pretty nice tones, especially when it comes to skin. But I cannot for the life of me get a shot that doesn't come out brown. Brown tint is apparently caused by light hitting the film after it gets spit out of the camera, but I shoot it straight into a box that I close, so I don't know what else I could do to avoid that.

Also I had one photo get detached from the white "frame", which leads me to believe that their manufacturing process might not be as robust as they might want us to think it is.

Anyways, it is definitely something that I would be really interested in shooting, once they lower the price a bit and figure out how to make the color film ... color, instead of brown.

And time will tell how stable the emulsion is. I know that previous versions had some trouble with photos fading away with time.

Putrid Grin fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 12, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

So it looks like I need to hold that button on my camera down, in order to fire the flash.
Thanks for the heads up, this saved my pack of film from certain doom.

So despite what people might have gotten across from my posts, I was a big opponent of the Project Impossible. Its expensive, nowhere near "instant", and has major issues with the emulsion.

Now after fooling around with a pack, I loving love it.
I feel like a big part of my infatuation is the camera. I like the squareish format, it lets me shoot closer than any of the large instax cameras or the polaroid folders, and the flash is extremely soft and complementary to the skin. The exposure seems to be always spot on, which is more of a gamble with the instax.

The film itself has pretty nice tones, especially when it comes to skin. But I cannot for the life of me get a shot that doesn't come out brown. Brown tint is apparently caused by light hitting the film after it gets spit out of the camera, but I shoot it straight into a box that I close, so I don't know what else I could do to avoid that.

Also I had one photo get detached from the white "frame", which leads me to believe that their manufacturing process might not be as robust as they might want us to think it is.

Anyways, it is definitely something that I would be really interested in shooting, once they lower the price a bit and figure out how to make the color film ... color, instead of brown.

And time will tell how stable the emulsion is. I know that previous versions had some trouble with photos fading away with time.

I'm confused? That back button does not fire the flash the front button does. Are you pushing the front button hard enough???

Everything you listed is why I do not shoot Impossible Film. If the film is not 100% covered when it pops out it will be hosed up. Even for a second.

I'm glad you like it. I'm glad that a lot of people like it. I sell more Polaroid cameras that way. :)

Now on to instant film that actually works. :P Here are some shots from the new Instax Share SP-1 printer. All taken on my iPhone 5S. I think it's awesome. The app needs some work but they seem to be issuing updates.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
While that printer is not super cheap (on discount at amazon now for $180), it seems like a WAY better solution than that idiotic iPhone enlarger thing Impossible got millions of dollars to make from kickstarter.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

While that printer is not super cheap (on discount at amazon now for $180), it seems like a WAY better solution than that idiotic iPhone enlarger thing Impossible got millions of dollars to make from kickstarter.

Christ. That loving thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impossible/impossible-instant-lab-turn-iphone-images-into-rea

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
$200 and you have to use their expensive film. If you notice, it's also massive and not really portable, unlike the Instax Share which is way smaller and works with any camera.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

But guys, with the instant lab, you will never be able to replicate the result you get from this copying apparatus again...
Oh, wait...

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

I'm an idiot.

Whitezombi, I've got a couple Polaroid 600 cartridges if you still want 'em.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Polaroid Big Shot with modified magicube flash adapter firing a 580EXII. :taco::gizz:

Ark posted:

Whitezombi, I've got a couple Polaroid 600 cartridges if you still want 'em.

Yes I do! Email me at natebolin at the one email that starts with g.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

My Instax 210 arrived today, can't wait to take this big ugly bastard out and make some art.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Converted an Instamatic camera strobe into an electronic flash adapter. I can fire the Instamatic strobe on the Big Shot but it does not have anywhere near the power needed for proper exposure. The 580EXII is attached to the Big Shot with velcro.

Ark posted:

My Instax 210 arrived today, can't wait to take this big ugly bastard out and make some art.

Congrats! It is big and ugly but I bet you enjoy it more than shooting Impossible Film.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Landscape crosspost.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Kelly's, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
DUST

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Its not dust. I left it unpeeled for 8 hours cuz i was on a date and wanted the negative. Some bits stuck to the neg. Nice try, Dust Tank. :snoop:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

What the gently caress is that stupid poo poo?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

What the gently caress is that stupid poo poo?

Its dust.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Instax Mini prints are a bitch to scan.

Both taken on iPhone 5S

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Whitezombi posted:

Instax Mini prints are a bitch to scan.

Both taken on iPhone 5S

Did you get the printer thing? How are you liking it?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Geektox posted:

Did you get the printer thing? How are you liking it?

I did and it is awesome.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/natebol/sets/72157645054587061/

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Nice!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
FPP have FP-3000b back in stock, but at $20 a pop.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
i'm feeling like getting a camera that uses instax wide film (instax 210?) What are my options for a camera that isn't hilariously large like the normal instax 210 camera?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Frobbe posted:

i'm feeling like getting a camera that uses instax wide film (instax 210?) What are my options for a camera that isn't hilariously large like the normal instax 210 camera?

None.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is Instax film okay to take through an airport x-ray? I believe it's 800 ISO.

• Locked thread