Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Bought a polaroid 104 camera today for the mad price of $13. It's sorta grimey but in OK condition otherwise, though I'll have to clean the battery compartment and modify it to use 2x AA or a cr123. Any other function tests or issues I should be aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Did a complete cleaning of the camera, and it's really drat pretty for such an ugly camera. i ran a light all around the bellows and there weren't any light coming in, though i'll repeat it once it gets dark.

must've belonged to a smoker though, the clear plastic went from brown to completely clear after some windex.

i taped a CR123 cell to the original battery holders and slotted it in, and the camera shutters perfectly and adjusts as it should!

so the only question i've got now, other than trying at least one pack of the B&W film, should i get glossy or silk?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Whitezombi posted:

Nice!

I've had to throw cameras away because of the amount of tar on them. loving disgusting. :/

I think silk looks awful and it will be more expensive than 3000b - it was discontinued before B&W.

Oddly enough, Silk is cheaper than glossy! (by like 20 euro cent) but i'll get the glossy instead

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Whitezombi posted:

Do they still make it and distribute it in Moonlands?

possibly? i've seen silk and glossy at all the stores i've checked. They all also seemed to stock the B&W pack film.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
i'm feeling like getting a camera that uses instax wide film (instax 210?) What are my options for a camera that isn't hilariously large like the normal instax 210 camera?

• Locked thread