Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Putrid Grin posted:

Wow, this 90 minute advertisement for project impossible has it all: hipsters, emotionally unbalanced people crying over death of polaroid, neck beards, hyperboles...

I was gonna watch this, but I feared it would be like your description. Glad I skipped it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Do you need to use the cold clip with FP-100c? Does peeling the film too early result in overexposed photos, or underexposed? I can't seem to get images to come out nice using my Colorpack II, but it's only 10C out right now, so that might have something to do with it. Most of my shots come out overexposed

Nevermind, I wasn't letting them develop long enough. I heard FP-100C was self terminating but for some reason I didn't believe it. I let some shots sit for 10 minutes before peeling them, and they came out perfect.

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 19, 2015

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
How much is too much to pay for flashcubes? I found a local guy with 23 cubes, selling them for $3 ea. I was gonna offer $40 for the whole lot but is that too much you think?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

:getin:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
The best price for fp-100c in Canada is amazon.ca. Five packs for $60 and free shipping. fp-3000b is anyone's guess. Filmphotographyproject.com has decent shipping to Canada but the dollar is so bad right now it's barely worth it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Found a good deal on a Polaroid 350. Besides the battery mod, anything else I should be aware of? Found this, but not sure what it means exactly:

quote:

the electronic timer of the 350 uses a pressure plate to start automatically when the photograph is pulled out of the camera, and this makes the camera difficult to use with modern Fujifiilm FP100c pack film.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
The canadian site removed the $60 5-packs of 100c some time recently. You can only buy them from third parties now and they are $90 per 5-pack. Hope its temporary. :ohdear:

Edit: oh good, the .com stuff ships to Canada and you get free shipping so with the exchange rate, an order of 5 comes to $60 anyway :getin:

Double edit: Nevermind, shipping isn't free :sigh:

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 16, 2015

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
The new Fuji film packs are made of plastic and can't hold up to the pressure put on it by the pressure tabs inside the body. The old Polaroid ones were metal and didn't have this problem. There are a few solutions, but seems most people just break them off.

http://www.instantoptions.com/faqs/faqtrouble.fujipacks.php

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I found what I think is a SX-70 for $5 and was wondering if it's worth grabbing for that price considering I'll have to use impossible film. The ad doesn't say SX-70 but I think I can tell from the photo :

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Yeah looking at the different models some more, it looks like it might be an SX-70 model 2. Hopefully it's all in working order.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I missed out on the SX-70. Called them and said I could pick it up the next day. Called back the next day and they told me it was already sold, mistakenly to somebody else they thought was me.

But I did find this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-camera-camcorder-lens/edmonton/vintage-1969-polaroid-land-camera/1115967059?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true :pwn:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
If you want to shoot more reasonably priced instant film, get a vintage polaroid land camera that takes pack film. Fuji FP-100c is about $0.90/shot whereas Impossible film is around $2.75/shot as you probably already figured out. Plus, Impossible film is really finicky and you're likely to waste half the shots you take.

And they look way cooler

RIP if you're in :canada: though

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Welp, stock up fellas

lovely google translation from the Japanese site:

quote:

Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. (President: Nakajima Naruhaku) is, the instant color film "FP-100C", will be sold lasts our stock.

Fujifilm, in order to continue to provide instant color film "FP-100C", so far have had continued corporate efforts, sales volume has declined significantly from year to year, more is a situation that can not be produced . For this reason, we will be forced to sell the end as described below.

This instant color sales of film "FP-100C" is will end, Fujifilm will continue to developing systems that offers access to the photographic film to continue while the review and production efficiency also product line up future .

We will continue our continued support to the Fujifilm product, you look forward to your patronage, thank you.

http://fujifilm.jp/information/articlead_0384.html

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 29, 2016

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
There's a change.org petition approaching 10,000 signatures to save FP-100C

Chances of Fuji actually giving a crap are about zero, you think?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
edit: nevermind, irrelevant.

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 16, 2016

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
That's funny lookin' but

quote:

While connected via Bluetooth, the app can be used to adjust aperture, shutter speed, and flash settings; remote trigger the camera; and includes pre-sets for effects like double exposures and open-shutter

is cool

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so it actually projects a digital photo onto instax film to make an exposure? I thought it was just a printer, but this is kind of neat in a weird roundabout way.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone posted about or even seen these instant cameras MiNT is making? They have a aperture priority TLR that takes instax film

https://mint-camera.com/tl70/features/

lol $390 US

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
And it looks like it only takes instax mini :(

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
The apertures on those cameras are so small (f12 for the mini and f14 for the wide) that format size would make any differences in DOF completely negligible.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
There's obviously a demand for a higher end instax with manual controls why doesn't Fuji just make one already :argh:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
That thing is pretty thin, I wonder if it's actually shooting onto the film or if it's projecting the digital copy onto the film like what the instax printer does. I am betting that's what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
28mm f2.4 and 4 inch minimum focus distance, not bad at all.

• Locked thread