Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
How do all of you Instax 210 folks deal with the flash? It seems to want to fire in even what I think of as great lighting conditions (bright, overcast day), completely washing out the subject. Granted I've only taken a handful of pictures with it. What if I were to tape over the flash? At $1 per photo I'd much rather ask the internet than experiment with it myself.

aliencowboy posted:

Bouncing the Instax's on camera flash can bring even your douchiest of self-portraits to life.

Wow, was that with the 210? If so, I'm really looking forward to see what I'll be able to push this thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I'm pretty happy with these. I think I'll get used to the new camera.

scan0002 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

scan0003 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Got a Colorpack II and it's great!

scan0001 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

How do you guys scan your negatives? I, uh, yeah....

scan0004 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

scan0002 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

I probably messed up the reclaiming process anyways, but what I did to scan it was put it on my flatbed scanner, cover it with a piece of printer paper, and shine a desklamp on it while it scanned. I mean it looks kind of cool and all, but only because it looks like it was taken in 1859.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

scan0003 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

Ok, I figured something out. Instead of paper/lamp, I put my iPad facedown on the negative and created a backlight with the white screen. Looks a lot better, and yeah I definitely hosed up the reclamation.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

dukeku posted:

Looks like you just didn't finish fully bleaching the backing off (let it sit for a while, it won't hurt if your tape is on right) and had bleach leak under your tape on the top.

I gave it another shot with a different photo. I let the bleach sit for a good while this time. When I hold the negative up to the light I can see different colors in the image (reds, blues), but after scanning and inverting it came out sort of monochrome. I messed around with the curves for awhile and couldn't make it look right. My best guess is that my scanner just sucks - it's some cheap HP all-in-one deal.

scan0006 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

e: Yeah, it's the scanner. I snapped it with my phone and it's got tons of color in it.

scan0007 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 11, 2014

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Niiiiiiiice

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

scan0005 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

scan0001_a by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Crossposting from landscapes because 1) I really like this photo, and 2) this thread hasn't been seeing much love lately.

scan0001
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

basch posted:

^nice shots, that installation looks really cool!

I'm thinking of buying a secondhand Instax 210 because the price it's being offered at seems too good to be true. Of course, I would like to know if it actually is too good to be true... so aside from taking a couple test shots is there anything I should watch out for?

Like suspicious noises etc.?

Listen closely when you fire it. If you hear a soft "meow" sound, there may be a cat inside. It's a common problem with the 210 and sellers often aren't even aware of the issue.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Ok 3000b really is as cool as everyone says it is. I've had three packs sitting in my closet since Christmas, and I finally got the nerve to bring it to a shoot.

img001

img002

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

try it with a lime posted:

I hope it looks even uglier and stupider.

I hope the viewfinder is even farther to the side of the lens

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I hope the flash is always on. Like even when you're not taking pictures, it's just perpetually emitting blinding light.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

img001-3a

The left one looks pretty cool as a negative:

img002

Which brings me to a question: How do you keep your FP-whatever negatives from looking all grimy? Mine always have water spots and other marks on them. Is that just the name of the game with this?

LargeHadron fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 15, 2014

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

ansel autisms posted:

In 4x5 sleeves.

I mean, right after I take them. They are all wet, and then when they dry they have all kinds of marks on them.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I can supply the unsafe levels of dick, you guys take care of the A trailer reeking whiskey and day old hookers filled to with polaroid cameras covered in intricate engravings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Them: I bet this guy is tough. He has an Instax printer.

• Locked thread