Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I've been reading about instant photography and it seems great, but I looked at reviews of the most expensive model (the SQ10), and one said that the fact that you can choose which shots to print actually ruins the experience because people will be less spontaneous once they know you could pick your shots. It sounds counter-intuitive but I kind of understand.

So... is there a sweet spot for Instax models in terms of specs and general fun? I'm looking at the Mini 90 and the Mini 9 (I'm not too enthusiastic on the wide format). I really just want to take photos and feel like instant photography would complement my digital stuff because I self-edit too much even before taking photos. Is this an actual reason that other people have or am I just weird and have GAS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Rastor posted:

You're not weird, I also think a lot of the appeal is going fully analog. For the square format the only option is the Lomo'Instant Square. For the mini format besides the Mini 90 the counterpart would probably be the Lomo’Instant Automat Glass.

Okay! Instax is huge here so I'd rather stick to that (and I'm a Fuji shooter anyway).

How many packs of film would you guys bring to, say, a house party?

• Locked thread