Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I caught the instant photography bug about a month ago when I picked up an Instax 210. As someone who doesn't print nearly enough photos, it's a really fantastic experience being able to shoot something and have a one of a kind print to hold moments later. This is pretty much what happens when you show up somewhere with an Instax.

I also recently rescued a Polaroid 420 Land Camera from my grandparents' basement. I should be getting a couple packs of FP3000B in the mail pretty soon! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Polaroid 420 + FP3000B

Anyone with a Land Camera have any problems with too much pressure from the prongs on the film pack? It was almost impossible to pull the first few exposures without ripping off tabs.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 14, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Bouncing the Instax's on camera flash can bring even your douchiest of self-portraits to life.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

Mostly I just sit there and look at the pile of pictures though, they look so nice in person.

Basically this. Any Instax scans you see on the web look way better in person. So glossy and shiny.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

Polaroid Land Camera 450 by natebol, on Flickr

Just picked this up for $40. :fap:

It's in excellent condition! Needs a little cleaning a battery and some Fuji Pack Film.

That's pretty great for $40. I'm jealous-- I've been hunting for a 250 for under $50 for a couple months now.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

If you're shooting instant film for sharp digital conversions, you're going to have a lot of headaches ahead of you. Find other ways to work with the aesthetic. Even print scans shot on large and medium format camera backs are relatively soft.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 5, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

LargeHadron posted:

Wow, was that with the 210? If so, I'm really looking forward to see what I'll be able to push this thing to do.

This was with the closeup filter. I was standing maybe a little more than 2ft camera left of my bathroom mirror. I just used a few sheets of paper to bounce the automatic flash to the mirror. It was a pretty awkward juggle holding everything right. I wouldn't recommend it as a selling point for an Instax, it's really not what the camera was built for. I just wanted to experiment. If you want more control with your instant film, there are better ways of doing it with FP100C.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

\⚡/

⚡⚡⚡ ⚡

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 8, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

Picked up a Polaroid Miniportrait 203 for $25.

You've gone instant camera crazy.

Keep going. :devil:

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Goddamn it. I was about to order a couple packs... I'm ordering a bunch of packs now.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 15, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

8th-snype posted:

The worst part is I just started a personal project on 3000b and was planning to shoot a few boxes a month for the next six months. Guess I will go buy up all the local stock.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered 8 boxes earlier. Hopefully it's enough :smith:

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

8th-snype posted:

In my case it's actually sort of ironic because the project is about the ending of a relationship.

That's actually really cool.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I just shot some FP100C for the first time... everything is coming out with a pretty heavy blue tint and is generally underexposed. Is this normal or a bad pack?

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Reichstag posted:

That is not normal, check the exposure on the camera?

The camera definitely underexposes, but I've been mostly shooting in moderate to heavily overcast conditions. I read in a few places some of the light meters can be a bit flakey in darker conditions, but I really don't know why the film has a blue colour cast. I'm fairly certain it wasn't blue out today.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I'm going to do some experiments with off-camera flash. Would I be correct to assume that with the ISO set to 75, the aperture settings for Polaroid 250 are f/8.8 and f/17.6?

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

__⚡__

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

You've been killing it lately.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Putrid Grin posted:

I just ordered a pack of Project Impossible "Instant" Film.
Morbidly curious if it is as lovely as it seems.

I thought the first two pictures I got out of my pack were neat, and then the battery died which was enough to convince me never to buy any more.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Landscape crosspost.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I hope it looks even uglier and stupider.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Those are cool. Sometimes I forget places from movies are real.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I bought a pack even though everyone said it would be a waste of money and the battery died after two shots. I liked the look of them, but not for the price. Stick with Fuji while they're making it.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

If you're craving manual control, go with FP100C (or FP-3000B while it's still sort of around), otherwise the Instax Wide cameras are a lot of fun. People will have as much fun making fun of you for having one as you will shooting it.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

These are great.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

craigslist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

JHVH-1 posted:

Will buying one turn me into an young asian girl?

Sideways apertures.

• Locked thread