Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I hope you've checked the exposure compensation dial on the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I always shoot my FP3000B at the brightest setting. My shots taken at the middle setting look similar to yours.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

This with the new back?

Yep - Polaroid 405. Leaks a bit if I'm not careful to hold it down when putting the slide back in.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

If it fits it should work, dammit! :)

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

From a Colorpack II

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Reclaimed FP-100C.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 31, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Reclaiming FP-100C Negatives

Suggested Supplies:

• Glass plate
  • Foam brushes
  • Bleach 'paste'
  • Painter's tape

Cut off the excess paper on your negatives. Try to remove as much as you can and trim them down - peel back the white paper attached to the 'handle' end. That's the leftover seen on the left.

Tape the negative to your glass plate. Make sure the tape is pressed down firmly. If you look carefully, the area between the negative's border and the image are is visible where the paper covers were removed. Place the tape carefully so that you cover up minimal image area.

Place a dab of bleach paste on the negative, I use about a half dollar size.

Use a foam brush to carefully spread the bleach across the negative. Keeping brushes clean will prevent scratching. Let the bleach sit for about 30 seconds until it begins to bubble and turn grey. At this point, continue moving the foam brush gently across the negative to remove the backing - the bleach paste will turn black as you remove the backing. Make sure your corners are clear. If you haven't used much bleach at this point, hold it up to a light to see if your negatives are fully clear.

Using a small stream of room temperature water, wash the bleach off.

After you've washed the bleach off, remove the negatives from the top down under running water - this prevents any excess bleach caught under the tape edges from getting under the emulsion of images below. Once this is done I always use a second brush (that hasn't touched bleach) to carefully remove the coating from the other side of the negative. A few sweeps under running water will remove the coating easily, although it's important to be careful here as the emulsion is easy to scratch with fingernails. Hang the negatives to dry and scan.

Enjoy!

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

If you're interested in getting rid of the color cast easily, adjust the black and white points for each channel in curves individually. I find all of the images scan in as a blown-out yellow if I don't do each curve.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I haven't found a good way to store 3000B sheets but I haven't had bad luck putting the 100C negatives in a box. If you're reclaiming and doing the final wash on that side of the negative you should be able to remove any of the sticky gunk that sticks.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

None of his comic con shots are sharp. The instax isn't sharp.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I bought a shitload before it jumped in price and I regret not buying more.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Looks like you just didn't finish fully bleaching the backing off (let it sit for a while, it won't hurt if your tape is on right) and had bleach leak under your tape on the top.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

It's still possible to use a back that takes the standard 4.25"x3.25" peel-apart film.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 23, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Musket posted:

negative or scanned image?

Negative.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

What the gently caress is that stupid poo poo?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

What the hell is even different?

quote:

INSTAX Wide 300 key features:
Uses Fujifilm INSTAX Instant Color Film (sold separately)
Film Size 86 mm x 108 mm
Picture Size 62 mm x 99 mm
Move in/out type lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 95 mm, 1:14
Real image optical viewfinder, 0.37x with target spot
Motor-driven focusing, 2-range switching (0.9 m - 3 m/3 m - ∞) (normal mode: 0.9 m - 3 m, landscape mode: 3 m - ∞)
Programmed electronic shutter release, shutter speed: 1/64 sec - 1/200 sec.
Automatic Exposure Control, Interlocking range (ISO 800): LV 10.5 - LV 15. Exposure compensation (Lighten-Darken Control): ±2/3 EV
Built-in automatic electronic flash. Charging time: 0.2 seconds - 6 seconds (using a new battery), Flash charging indicator (LED lights in red), Fill-in Flash Mode, Effective flash lamp range: 0.9 m - 3 m
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) indicates exposure counter, Lighten-Darken control, Flash Mode
Uses four AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries
Film pack confirmation window, close up lens
Tripod socket
W:188mm x D:96 mm x H:121mm / 612g (without battery, strap, film pack and close up lens)

Oh man a tripod socket for a camera that can't expose for longer than 1/64th of a second

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

In 4x5 sleeves.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

LargeHadron posted:

I mean, right after I take them. They are all wet, and then when they dry they have all kinds of marks on them.

I let them sit out until they're dry. If you're hoping to save 3000b negatives they'll just get solarized and turn to poo poo, I haven't found a good way to prevent that.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Happens to me every time shooting 3000B in full sunlight - owns.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully they don't require impossible film (it's garbage)

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

JHVH-1 posted:

There are people on eBay now putting some of these polaroid cameras up at higher prices with buy it now instead of auctions. Those people seem like dicks and I don't think they sell anything. I also saw listings where people put the word hipster in the title of the auction. Maybe I like hipster things sometimes, don't judge me eBay listing. I am old enough to actually remember some of these cameras being used by normal people.

:ironicat:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Looks Polaroid soft.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Scan in 48 bit and set your black and white points, your scanner won't make every image perfect for you.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

a few hours if it's humid, they tend to dry out and you'll get some nasty spots after peeling.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Don't leave it in your checked bag though

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Several passes through the carry-on x-ray should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

ugh but there's no manual controls on my snapshot instant camera

• Locked thread