Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?
I usually shoot a pack of Impossible film for my Spectra (colour) every couple of weeks, and keep a few packs handy so I don't need to keep going back to the camera store when I'm out. I just tried a pack of the Polaroid Originals film (new formula apparently) and disappointed when half the pack wound up jamming inside my camera on the way out, resulting in a dead picture. In the eight or ten packs I've shot I've had it jam twice, and to have nearly half the pack rendered useless is a letdown.

I'll probably write them an email tomorrow? I don't know. Anyone else have this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?
I really enjoy shooting the Spectra format - I've a collection of six and over time each one kind of dies. I wrote a message to Polaroid, figuring since they sell refurbished ones they must have a way to repair them, but that isn't the case.

The response I got listed several reasons why this happened besides the obvious (using 30+ year old electronics being the most obvious one). The main culprit seems to be that new Spectra film is slightly thicker than old, and this burns out the motors. I'm a little bit disappointed to know that each working Spectra I own has an expiration date if I keep using it since it's probably my favourite camera to use.

Then on my way home from work I pop by a pawn shop and find this tucked away in a corner - I offered the guy 75 CDN, taxes included, and he accepted it. It even had a cartridge with a few shots left and it seems to work fine (although all images came out white, which I'll attribute to an undetermined age and / or poor storage of the film, or possibly exposure if it's ever been opened). The viewfinder doesn't stay propped up but I can probably fix that, and there's no accessories whatsoever, but for the price this sells for new I'll manage, and I'll keep my Spectras for special occasions.

• Locked thread