Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

Musket posted:

The problem for me with impossible besides how smug their "street krew" is (they had a demo at the local photo shop near me and were pretty much insufferable to anyone who didnt give a poo poo about how cool they are), is that their film doesnt offer up anything awesome that you cant find anywhere else. You can get into InstaxWide, with cheaper more readily available film, Instaxmini for funsies and smaller size and still, cheaper film, or you can go find a cheap rear end Polaroid Colorpack or any of the cheap 100/200/300/400 series land cameras and shoot pack film and get not only better prints in under 30 seconds, but negatives you can reclaim. In the long run, Impossible film is just flat out expensive when you consider the alternatives that are out there.

Yeah I just picked up this old 600 land camera at a thrift store for $4 because....well it was $4. I think it comes out to be something like $3 a shot with impossible project film. I ordered a pack of it just to dick around with this camera a little and see if it works. There are a shitton of cheap vintage polaroid cameras out there that would be useless without the impossible project so I can't really knock them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

Whitezombi posted:

That's a good find. Worth about $50-$65 depending on condition.

really? that's good to know thanks. I got my film today, the camera works - even the flash! Black and white develops in a few minutes and looks pretty sharp.

• Locked thread