Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
That's it! I'm ordering an Instax 210 this week! Hopefully get in time for my camping trip next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

feigning interest posted:

Check craigslist. You can usually find a 200/210 with a few packs of film that was only used for a single wedding or family reunion and never touched again. It's often worth it just for the film!

I've been watching Craigslist for a while now and I've seen nothing. Ordered the 210 & it should be here Wednesday!

Oh yeah. I have some old Polaroids I'll scan and post. I shot this in 2009 - I do not remember the camera or the film.

What a wonderful night... by natebol, on Flickr

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 16, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

New Toy! Instax 210 by natebol, on Flickr

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

drat. Seems my instax is having issues. First shot black tab came out and got stuck 1/2 way. Opened up the camera and pulled it out. Nothing happens at all now. It makes noise but nothing comes out. :/

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Reichstag posted:

Uh oh, hope you can return it, sounds like either the gears aren't engaging the pack, or filmgate is blocked. :-/

Here's what I got from an ebay instax I was planning to take to a wedding (until I saw this):

Sure, I had some fun after figuring out that it was consistent, but I had no camera for the wedding. :negative:

God loving drat. I had a friend get for me from Amazon. Not sure what their return policy is. I'm out a loving pack of film cause i'm sure its all exposed now. gently caress.

Yep - it's broken. The roller at the top is not rolling properly. :/

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 21, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

If you ordered from amazon I bet you could return both the camera and the film pack. Just tell em that they're both broken and that you want a replacement, they'll give you a prepaid UPS label and you just mail it back in.

Since it's broken Amazon will probably eat the cost of the shipping too.

Yeah. It seems pretty easy. Just got back from camping and will do it tonight or tomorrow.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

slardel posted:

My 210 came and I'm stoked to go out with it, took a few shots around my apartment/outside and it really is something special, hope you get your situation sorted out whitezombi!

New 210 will be here tomorrow!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Polaroid Land Camera 450 by natebol, on Flickr

Just picked this up for $40. :fap:

It's in excellent condition! Needs a little cleaning a battery and some Fuji Pack Film.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I need to get batteries. Trying to decide if I should convert it to AAAs.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Very easy.

$1.49 at RadioShack and a few min of my time.

:taco:

Spedman posted:

That is a frickn' rad setup, just check to make sure the shutter is good by putting your hand on the sensor, fire the shutter, and you should hear two loud clicks.

I hear 2 loud clicks with OR without my hand over the sensor. Is this an issue?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I gave it a good cleaning and got it converted over to AAAs. Ordered a couple of packs of FP-3000B & will order some FP-100C when B&H opens again. I want to use the 664 that came with it but want to make sure the camera works first.

What should I do to get the camera ready to use the Fuji Film packs? Any other tips?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I think I am good to go! Just waiting on film.

:stare:
ANDY WARHOL'S PERSONALLY USED POLAROID "BIG SHOT" CAMERA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDY-WARHOLS-PERSONALLY-USED-POLAROID-BIG-SHOT-CAMERA-/331021124025

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

My mom gave me this bag a while back. I looked at it and thought WTF am I going to do with this!?

Untitled by natebol, on Flickr

My 450 and 210 fit perfectly.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

My Land Camera 450 works!!!! I shot the Polaroid 644 that I got with the camera and it was trash. Popped in a pack of FP-3000B. First shot came out black cause I'm an idiot and didn't set the exposure properly. After that 2 shots came out a little dark so I compensated for that.

If you are going to keep the negatives of B&W film then you should immediately pull all of the extra stuff off of them. I just learned if you do not it will pull some of the image off with it. :/

One of my first shots out of my Land Camera 450! by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/natebol

1st shot! by natebol, on Flickr

I also picked up A Polaroid Colorpack II for $2. Cleaned it up and ready to shoot with it.

Another new toy! Polaroid Colorpack II. $2 at a thrift store. by natebol, on Flickr

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 5, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I'm loving the instant cameras! Kids love it - they are completely blown away.

I am having one issue - my Land Camera 450 is underexposing FP-3000B big time. Battery is fine and settings are correct. I read that it seems to be an issue with them but they don't seem to have an issue with FP-100C. Going to try some sort of ND filter over the eye and see if it helps.

Best Friends by natebol, on Flickr

Instax 210 shots.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

dukeku posted:

I hope you've checked the exposure compensation dial on the front.

Yes I did. That first image was taken with lighten turned to the middle setting.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I'm addicted to instant photography. Thanks a lot Reichstag.

Polaroid Colorpack II

Polaroid Land Camera 450

Instax 210

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

The Polaroid Big Shot. I recommend this camera to anyone thinking about getting into instant photography. Also try the Polaroid Colorpack II. Both are light, really easy to use and look cool as hell. Big Shots run around $40-$50 on ebay (I found one for $10!) and Colorpack II is $10-$15 on ebay. Big Shot uses Magic Cubes for flash but you can shoot with it when its sunny out or in bright light. I am working on a way to fire an electronic flash. The Colorpack II uses regular flashcubes. Haven't shot anything with flashcubes yet. The only bad thing about the Colorpack II is that it requires batteries and most of the ones I have seen have a lot of corrosion in the battery compartment. Easy to take apart and clean tho.

Big Shot.

Colorpack II.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

They obviously shoot the Fuji FP films? I've been looking for a replacement for my modified Land Camera, I miss having the close focus.

Yes they shoot Fuji FP film.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

One thing about these cameras and batteries. It may be best to NOT use rechargeable batteries. Alkaline batteries are best from what I read and from experience. I had some rechargeable batteries melt.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Very nice indeed.

Drunkin flash test with my 450.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Picked up a Polaroid Miniportrait 203 for $25. This is a really cool camera. Blew a few shots trying to figure it out but think I have it now. Can't wait to shoot more with it.

The film back was filthy. I bet they couldn't get good shots from it and decided it was broken and tossed it.

A few shots from my boys 10th b-day party.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 11, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

All it will do is bring out everyone's inner hoarder.

I hope it isn't true. I am hoarding it now.

Got a close up lens called a Kali-Copier. It's like a macro lens & it can be used to make copies of prints.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

Well Fuji announced it officially :smith:

So I've jumped on the purchasing train and picked up 5 packs.

But on a positive note, my new to me Polaroid Colorpack II arrived in mint condition and cost only $12.

Awesome on the Colorpack II. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck on the Fuji 3000b. :smith:

Prices are up to $15 a pack now! I read this somewhere - "Michael Raso (Film Photography Podcast) contacted Fuji USA and was told there will be one more large batch coming to the U.S. in 2014 (no idea when) then no more. So if you like this film, better stock up soon."

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 15, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spent packs make cool frames.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

You're really taking the peal apart film and running with it, the frame idea is brilliant. Maybe try getting a hold of the original polaroid ones which are made from sturdy metal, rather than the Fuji plastic.

Yes I am! I doubt I am the first person to do it. I do have a bunch of the metal ones. The 1st one is a metal pack and I bent the little tabs out and they work perfectly as a stand. The 2nd is an instax.

aliencowboy posted:

I just shot some FP100C for the first time... everything is coming out with a pretty heavy blue tint and is generally underexposed. Is this normal or a bad pack?

What camera are you shooting with? What kind of light?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This camera rocks! The vignetting and DOF!

Double exposure with the Polaroid Big Shot. The boy decided to fire it off in the back seat of the car and "forgot" to tell me.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Rontalvos posted:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/be-positive

There an instant photography themed shirt on woot right now. It's adorable and you all need it.

No.

Captain Organ posted:

I just bought some cameras.

Goodbye, all of my money.

What cameras did you get?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

I dragged my mamiya to Hong Kong. I definitely need to get into a rhythm with that camera, as I took way too many photos with the dark slide in. Each time I do that my wallet cries. But I got a few ok photos in the end.

My vertical shots safe always off center as the rangefinder on my camera is off center as well. Something I need to work on more is recomposing after focusing, but with aperture of 2.8 its not always feasible.

Are you shooting with a Mamiya Universal? Nice shots.

Captain Organ posted:

My everything shots are off center.

Nice. Is the 2nd shot on expired film?

Big Shot shots.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 20, 2013

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This with the new back?

mr. stefan posted:

Completely insane question just to satisfy my curiosity, how complex is the mechanism of black-and-white peel apart packfilm, and could someone theoretically reload spent packs with their own materials and reagent? I'm just getting into instant stuff to do emulsion lifts and I have a taste for stupid pointless DIY bullshit, so I was curious as to how impossible this would exactly be.

Try some photo paper if you have the capability to process it.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

dukeku posted:

Yep - Polaroid 405. Leaks a bit if I'm not careful to hold it down when putting the slide back in.

Can you fix it?

Conversion time!

Polaroid lens for conversion. Tominon 4.7 127mm by natebol, on Flickr

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

MrBlandAverage posted:

The fix is to actually use the Graflok cams to lock in the back instead of just putting the back under the groundglass :)

It's an annoying extra step, but I always get way better results that way - not just from fewer light leaks, but the film ends up being at a more precise location, too.

Here I am feeling bad for dukeku and turns out he is just a lazy bastard! :argh:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

dukeku posted:

From a Colorpack II

I love that camera.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Chill Callahan posted:

Does anyone want two boxes of Polaroid 339 film for shipping costs? Expired in 2000 but I'm sure something can be done with them.

I would except I do not have a camera it will work in. I doubt anyone in the Dorkroom does. It's for cameras that have a CB-33 Back. The Polaroid Microcam and some Polaroid Photobooth cameras.

Also works in: Autofilm Miniportrait 203, FreezeFrame, ProPallette, Tektronix Oscilloscope Camera.

You may be able to get $25-$75 for it on ebay.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 12, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Do you have any links for that info?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

404notfound posted:

Kinda want the Instax Mini 90 even though it's stupid expensive and I'd probably only pull it out at parties and stuff. Somebody talk me into/out of this irresponsible impulse buy.

Mest0r posted:

Light Trails by jemuelb, on Flickr

Shot with the Instax Neoclassic with bulb mode (all shots are 10 second exposures).

Probably the biggest difference with the Neoclassic as compared to the rest of the Instax line is that it can do double exposures, has a bulb mode and a tripod mount. Another interesting thing is that it looks like the metering cell is right next to the lens so you could even hold a ND filter up to it if you want to try and limit overexposure.

Mest0r posted:

Finally scanned more stuff in today, all shot with the Fujifilm instax mini 90 Neoclassic.

Double exposure stuff:

Double Exposures by jemuelb, on Flickr

The camera surprising handles tricky lighting situations pretty well, especially since it is capable of a faster shutter speed then the Instax Wide.

Fountain by jemuelb, on Flickr

Hand holding a slightly long exposure.

Christmas Tree by jemuelb, on Flickr

Buy one. I would if I had the cash.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This is good.

404notfound posted:

welp, I bought it

Nice! I may pick one up in a couple of months. How do you like it so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I really want one!

Did some test shots with a Fotodyne Electrophoresis Gel Camera Polaroid. This is one difficult camera to shoot with. Fixed focal length of 12" & no viewfinder.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 20, 2014

• Locked thread