Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Fuji FP-3000B $14 & Free Shipping

http://www.phototools.com/product/FP-3000B-Super-Speedy-BW-Instant-Film-3.25-x-4.25-ISO-3200,-10-exposures/15200772/3168.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
I see your cheese slicer and I raise with this.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Make sure you are selecting infinity.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Prolonged exposure to extreme cold and snow is bad for Polaroid plastic. 3 hours in -20 or so wind chill at 11,000 feet. This was the 2nd Polaroid camera I picked up and it got me hooked on instant photography.

I got one last b&w shot off before it died. Threw some FP-100C in it and it fell apart. The Instax 210 I took fired off 5 shots with no problem and looks fine.

:patriot:

RIP Colorpack II by natebol, on Flickr

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Instax film does not like cold weather.

Last shot from my dead ColorPack II.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Elliotw2 posted:

Speaking of cold weather, I've not shot my 210 any since I got the film because it's been sub-30F. I know the film says it doesn't work well under 40f, but can I compensate for that by letting it sit even longer, or should I throw it somewhere warm until it develops?

Those I just posted were shot in -20 or so windchill. Sit longer? It comes out and develops on its own. I took the photos and then threw them in my pack and didn't look at them until we got to the bar at the ski resort.

Oh - are you talking about a Polaroid Land Camera 210? If so then just put them in your coat or bag and then let them sit for a bit when you get home then peel apart after it warms up.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 13, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

MrBlandAverage posted:

Behind the scenes - Chamonix at full extension:

:getin:

:gizz:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

drat dude.

Took my 600 SE out for a test run yesterday. Love this camera.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Expired instant film is the devil. 5 shots from this pack came out separated and I got nothing. Everything else is purple/magenta and really fubar exposures.

This building is green.

This is on good film.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

This guy is Bland and Average.

We got yelled at for taking pics of this car.

This pink stripe on the left seems to happen when you do not peel the print for many hours.

CU-5 Polaroid. Multiple exposures.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

:taco::gizz:

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the back and try to do the 600SE conversion myself OR throw money at Option8 when he decides to sell them.

This is where to get it. http://shop.lomography.com/us/belair-instant-back
It's an Instax Wide back for a Belair X 6-12 camera. The Belair camera is pretty lovely from what I read, so shooting with it is not an option.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Vivitar Slide Printer Prints. Tourists slides from Barcelona from the 50s (i think)

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Musket posted:

Polaroid 330 gets here on friday. Time to take some deadpan landscapes at 80cents a frame.

Make it rain.

20+ year old Polaroid 600 film. I pulled old film out of an old film pack and put it in an Impossible Project film cart that someone gave me. Shot with a Polaroid Supercolor 635 CL.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

8th-snype posted:

Nice Street shot.

sorry brah but I don't see any people. can't be street.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

I just ordered a pack of Project Impossible "Instant" Film.
Morbidly curious if it is as lovely as it seems.

This is what happens when you use Impossible Film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrb_3NO69g

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

I'll turn into a slightly effeminate hipster with poor speaking skills?

Fair enough.

Yeah, I hear that the film is not as much poo poo as it used to be, but its still poo poo. The IP PR team is amazing to be able to sell it in quantities it does.

But I am still curious enough to have this film inflicted upon me, at great monetary cost and loss of my street creed.

Yes you will.

Seriously tho. Just read up on the type of film you purchased and follow what they say. Impossible Film is very finicky.

What camera are you using? I have a TON of Integral film cameras. I clean/refurbish and sell them but I do not shoot Impossible Film. I prefer the Fuji peel apart film and the Instax Wide.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Anyone shooting 600 and SX-70 Impossible Film. I am interested in the spent cartridges. Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Huggable Bear King posted:

Yeah I just picked up this old 600 land camera at a thrift store for $4 because....well it was $4. I think it comes out to be something like $3 a shot with impossible project film. I ordered a pack of it just to dick around with this camera a little and see if it works. There are a shitton of cheap vintage polaroid cameras out there that would be useless without the impossible project so I can't really knock them.

That's a good find. Worth about $50-$65 depending on condition.

try it with a lime posted:

I thought the first two pictures I got out of my pack were neat, and then the battery died which was enough to convince me never to buy any more.

It had to have a defect in the battery. Impossible Project batteries will last 10x longer than Polaroid batteries ever did.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Frobbe posted:

Bought a polaroid 104 camera today for the mad price of $13. It's sorta grimey but in OK condition otherwise, though I'll have to clean the battery compartment and modify it to use 2x AA or a cr123. Any other function tests or issues I should be aware of?

Clean the rollers and the inside of the camera thoroughly. You will want to check for light leaks in the bellows - if you see pinholes on the outside then there will most likely be a leak. I see them most of the time in the older and cheaper cameras. If it does have light leaks you can use liquid electrical tape to fix them. If there is corrosion in the battery compartment then watch the snap connectors - they fall off a lot of the time. Also the wires may be very brittle and fall apart.

Huggable Bear King posted:

really? that's good to know thanks. I got my film today, the camera works - even the flash! Black and white develops in a few minutes and looks pretty sharp.

Putrid Grin posted:

I have a Polaroid One step talking camera I got for 5 bucks on craigslist.
And it seems that my grand project impossible experiment is a failure, because it looks like the flash on my camera is burned out, and this beast seems to want to use flash for everything.

Will have to take it out in the sun or something and see how that works out.

I did like that I could see on the horribly underexposed photos.

That's a bummer. You can actually fire these cameras WITHOUT the flash. If you look at the shutter button there is another button right behind it. It sticks out on the bottom. Press it and the flash will not fire.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 7, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Frobbe posted:

Did a complete cleaning of the camera, and it's really drat pretty for such an ugly camera. i ran a light all around the bellows and there weren't any light coming in, though i'll repeat it once it gets dark.

must've belonged to a smoker though, the clear plastic went from brown to completely clear after some windex.

i taped a CR123 cell to the original battery holders and slotted it in, and the camera shutters perfectly and adjusts as it should!

so the only question i've got now, other than trying at least one pack of the B&W film, should i get glossy or silk?

Nice!

I've had to throw cameras away because of the amount of tar on them. loving disgusting. :/

I think silk looks awful and it will be more expensive than 3000b - it was discontinued before B&W.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Frobbe posted:

Oddly enough, Silk is cheaper than glossy! (by like 20 euro cent) but i'll get the glossy instead

Do they still make it and distribute it in Moonlands?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

So it looks like I need to hold that button on my camera down, in order to fire the flash.
Thanks for the heads up, this saved my pack of film from certain doom.

So despite what people might have gotten across from my posts, I was a big opponent of the Project Impossible. Its expensive, nowhere near "instant", and has major issues with the emulsion.

Now after fooling around with a pack, I loving love it.
I feel like a big part of my infatuation is the camera. I like the squareish format, it lets me shoot closer than any of the large instax cameras or the polaroid folders, and the flash is extremely soft and complementary to the skin. The exposure seems to be always spot on, which is more of a gamble with the instax.

The film itself has pretty nice tones, especially when it comes to skin. But I cannot for the life of me get a shot that doesn't come out brown. Brown tint is apparently caused by light hitting the film after it gets spit out of the camera, but I shoot it straight into a box that I close, so I don't know what else I could do to avoid that.

Also I had one photo get detached from the white "frame", which leads me to believe that their manufacturing process might not be as robust as they might want us to think it is.

Anyways, it is definitely something that I would be really interested in shooting, once they lower the price a bit and figure out how to make the color film ... color, instead of brown.

And time will tell how stable the emulsion is. I know that previous versions had some trouble with photos fading away with time.

I'm confused? That back button does not fire the flash the front button does. Are you pushing the front button hard enough???

Everything you listed is why I do not shoot Impossible Film. If the film is not 100% covered when it pops out it will be hosed up. Even for a second.

I'm glad you like it. I'm glad that a lot of people like it. I sell more Polaroid cameras that way. :)

Now on to instant film that actually works. :P Here are some shots from the new Instax Share SP-1 printer. All taken on my iPhone 5S. I think it's awesome. The app needs some work but they seem to be issuing updates.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Spedman posted:

While that printer is not super cheap (on discount at amazon now for $180), it seems like a WAY better solution than that idiotic iPhone enlarger thing Impossible got millions of dollars to make from kickstarter.

Christ. That loving thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impossible/impossible-instant-lab-turn-iphone-images-into-rea

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Polaroid Big Shot with modified magicube flash adapter firing a 580EXII. :taco::gizz:

Ark posted:

Whitezombi, I've got a couple Polaroid 600 cartridges if you still want 'em.

Yes I do! Email me at natebolin at the one email that starts with g.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Converted an Instamatic camera strobe into an electronic flash adapter. I can fire the Instamatic strobe on the Big Shot but it does not have anywhere near the power needed for proper exposure. The 580EXII is attached to the Big Shot with velcro.

Ark posted:

My Instax 210 arrived today, can't wait to take this big ugly bastard out and make some art.

Congrats! It is big and ugly but I bet you enjoy it more than shooting Impossible Film.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Instax Mini prints are a bitch to scan.

Both taken on iPhone 5S

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Geektox posted:

Did you get the printer thing? How are you liking it?

I did and it is awesome.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/natebol/sets/72157645054587061/

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Cadillac Ranch. Polaroid 600SE - 75mm.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

basch posted:

^nice shots, that installation looks really cool!

I'm thinking of buying a secondhand Instax 210 because the price it's being offered at seems too good to be true. Of course, I would like to know if it actually is too good to be true... so aside from taking a couple test shots is there anything I should watch out for?

Like suspicious noises etc.?

Thanks. Test it. Take NEW batteries. Check the battery compartment for corrosion. Look for signs of being dropped. Listen for suspicious noises.

This is Bob “Crocodile” Lile a really good artist/painter on Route 66 in Amarillo, TX. This guy is awesome. Will be drinking beer with him next time he comes to Albuquerque. He does a ton of work trying to preserve Route 66 in the USA.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

Cool shots.

It's been my goal to drive down Rt. 66 and take some photos, but the logistics of it are daunting. Need more vacation time and money.

How do you like the 75mm? I have been hunting for one for a while for my Mamiya system to get something that covers the whole FP film area, but the prices are a bit silly at the moment.

Thanks!

It's pretty cool and very sad at the same time. 90% of the places I remember from trips as a kid are now closed or demolished. :/

I am loving the 75mm and the 150mm - I got both of them basically brand new from a retired Polaroid engineer. I need to shoot some more with the 75mm to get used to it. I will most likely sell off the 127mm cause I don't see myself using it over the 150mm.

Do you have a focusing screen for your Mamiya? I'm looking for one. I finally found a Mamiya M Adapter for the 600SE and I can use Mamiya Universal/Press Backs now.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

Don't have a screen. My style of shooting doesn't lend itself to it that often, but it sure would be useful for portraits at minimum focus distance.

I have a set of diopters and want to do some macro stuff so I'll pic one up.

I just did a mod on a Big Shot with a broken shutter. I pulled all of the guts out. Left the original lens and put a Copal shutter on the the front. The shutter fits perfectly into the lighten/darken dial.

Test shots using the above.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 11, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Another Big Shot with a broken shutter mod.

Big Shot Mod with MP-4 Shutter and Original Lens by natebol, on Flickr

Test shots.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 16, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Putrid Grin posted:

Whitezombi your big shot setup looks very interesting. If I wasn't all about portability right now I would be picking your brain about it because the results you are getting are sweet as hell.

Thanks.

Those are 2 different big shot mods. First is the original lens in the original position with a new shutter on the front. Second is the original lens IN a new shutter on the front. I still need to adjust the finder on the 2nd. Feel free to pick my brain.

2 from the MP-4 shutter & original lens.

Shellman posted:

Thanks for the tips, but didn't wind up buying it unfortunately--he knew nothing about the camera other than in his mind it was "worth something"--he'd picked it up cheap somewhere and wanted to make money. Didn't want to let me open it up and check the rollers because "the polaroid film in there is worth something" so I just said gently caress it. Guess I'll keep my eyes open for another to turn up.

I have a ton of cameras as well. Let me know if you are interested. natebolin at the mail that starts with g.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 24, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Geektox posted:

I got one the them instax printers after whitezombi recommended it. It's tricky to get the exposure right, what was totally fine on my phone screen ends up being way overblown on the picture.

untitled by Geektox, on Flickr

untitled by Geektox, on Flickr

It's definitely fun to use though.

What phone do you have?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I read somewhere that there are issues with android phones. You might google it and see what you find.

I love my 600SE.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Good stuffs. Love the SP-1.

TIME ZERO a documentary about Polaroid is now on Netflix.

http://timezeromovie.com/2014/08/04/time-zero-now-available-on-all-popular-video-on-demand-services/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

pootiebigwang posted:

Just got a Polaroid 100 back for my Hassy and I noticed the back already had some Polaroid Polacolor ER in it that is who knows how old. What exposure adjustments should I make when using it? It says iso 80 on the package and I have no idea as to how it was stored. Also what film should I get for it? Are the Fuji FP-100c and FP-3000b pretty much my only options?

Try overexposing it 1 or 2 stops. I hope it works. You can get some interesting results.

Development time is 1 minute but you may need to let it cook longer. How many shots do you have?

• Locked thread