Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

See also Jail Bait.

I'd rather not, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Messianic Archetype posted:

Silver the Hedgehog in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) symbolises the Second Coming of Christ. He's here to save us all from doom!

And just for the record, the low-born, persecuted Shadow was the First Coming. Oh, come on. You saw him in that stasis field, in the Crucifix position, blamed for something he had nothing to do with and despite being one of the protectors of humanity. And even then he told Mephiles where to shove it.

And in a certain point of view, Sonic represents all of Christ. He died for your sins and rose from the dead!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Harime Nui posted:

I actually went trawling Writer's Block last night looking for something to poast and it was just poo poo, just poo poo, it was just insanely dull, sorry folks.

Yup, Writers Block is either terrible or boring. That's literally the only two ways it goes for them.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
You guys didn't look hard enough.

The rape victim not killing their rapist posted:

This is one notion I do not understand in some works of fiction, featuring a member of the family, a close friend, or even somebody from work assaulting the female character sexually. There are some characters who threaten the rapist with a weapon, or ready their assault/coup against them, but don't. Perhaps it is a difference in morality, but I could never understand the POV of a character who spares the rapist instead of getting revenge or putting a stop to their crimes.

What reasons are there to not kill a person who sexually assaulted you? Why?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

You guys didn't look hard enough.

Okay I do understand the logic of the person behind that quote. Something bad happened to you and you want pay back. What he needs to know that not everyone is eye for an eye, or that the person is even capable of making a decision like that after a traumatic event. And most importantly I don't think he understands the damaging effects the crime in question can do to a person.

So to me it comes off as naive rather than malicious.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

lol jfc

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

MinistryofLard posted:

And in a certain point of view, Sonic represents all of Christ. He died for your sins and rose from the dead!
This would actually be kinda cute if it had been posted on its own (and didn't specifically mention Sonic).

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Where do these people find enough rape media to have conversations like these? How does one become a connoisseur of depicted rape?

(It's anime, isn't it)

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

The Time Dissolver posted:

Where do these people find enough rape media to have conversations like these? How does one become a connoisseur of depicted rape?

(It's anime, isn't it)

To a hammer everything looks like a nail.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

To a hammer everything looks like it must be nailed.

*ahem*

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This would actually be kinda cute if it had been posted on its own (and didn't specifically mention Sonic).

no it wouldn't

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

I mean, I'm watching the retsupurae playthrough of Sonic 2006 and I'm pretty sure this is how it's going to end up, so this guy might not be that far off

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

(It's anime, isn't it)

There were a lot of rape revenge movies in the 70s, but they generally end with chainsaw castration so I don't know

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014
Oh hey, the new design got implemented. It was about as uneventful as you'd think.

As for content, did you know that the wiki itself has its own trope page?

quote:

* Ambiguous Syntax:

[...]

** An example rightly documented in TV Tropes:

* From the Peanuts Headscratchers page:
Jesus, Lucy, Violet, and Patty are CRUEL to poor Charlie Brown! They expect him to get an over-commercialized tree, made of pink aluminum? Charlie brings back a tree that looks like one that would be next to the humble manger, and they all laugh at him! Even damned SNOOPY! Although it sets up a Crowning Moment Of Awesome with the "That's what Christmas is all about" speech, I just want to wring those three bitches' neck!!
Is it bad that I read the start of this entry as a list of 4 names, rather than an expletive and 3 names?
Jesus is laughing at Charlie Brown for having a great Christmas spirit! The irony!
Nope. I did it, too. As did my parents, Ayn Rand and God.
Your parents are Ayn Rand and God?

:spergin: and very, very bad attempts at humor. This is like a distilled essence of about half of TV Tropes.

quote:

Hive Mind: A conscious goal. (See also Edit Tip #1.)

Make your own totalitarian government joke here.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

(It's anime, isn't it)

I'm almost certain it's always No 2 on this list.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

At least the site doesn't make my eys bleed anymore from bad color schemes.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

BlueDude posted:

Make your own totalitarian government joke here.
1984 but with animes.
Julia is a tsundere

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Dr. Killjoy posted:

1984 but with animes.
Julia is a tsundere

The day TV Tropes tries to intersect 1984 with their pointless bullshit animespeak is the day I start a campaign to wipe tropers from the face of the earth.

Oh wait they already did. Welp, load up the M60s and B-17s, guys.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Gen. Ripper posted:

The day TV Tropes tries to intersect 1984 with their pointless bullshit animespeak is the day I start a campaign to wipe tropers from the face of the earth.

Oh wait they already did. Welp, load up the M60s and B-17s, guys.

1984chan.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Dr. Killjoy posted:

1984 but with animes.
Julia is a tsundere

imagine a troper stomping on human literature forever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

most sf authors are kind of really racist

That reminds me that I really ought to read The Iron Dream one of these days.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ThePutty posted:

Fallout: Equestria?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

(It's anime, isn't it)

Doesn't L&O:SVU basically deal with this every other week.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Postal Parcel posted:

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

ThePutty posted:

I hope O'brien-sensei will notice me and teach me the meaning of love~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

One episode still sticks out to me. It's the one where a couple abuses kids, locks them in cages, one of the girls is psycho enough to burn down the female cop's house down and somehow the couple only get two years in prison.

• Locked thread