Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to ask something which might have been brought up already recently, but after this new chapter who on Arya's list is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Globo-Hitler III posted:

The episode was loving cool. I am absurdly pleased that they are keeping the snow castle bit. Had a huge grin on my face when I saw that.

That is excellent because as much as people here go on about if they will get Only Cat right, that bit is my favorite part of the chapter because it's a rare sweet sort of bit to contrast the rest of the chapter and so good for a visual medium as a reminder how far everyone has come since the beginning of the series. I was sure it would be the most likely thing that would get cut from the sequence.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Lycus posted:

If we assume they took some Winterfell girls to the Dreadfort dungeons when they took Theon, Roose can just pull the noblest-looking one out, and there we have fake-Arya. It doesn't particularly matter who she is beyond that, though they can call her "Jeyne".

Speaking of the fake Arya plot, what do you guys think will happen with it about how show Ramsay has a girlfriend and she's almost like a female Ramsay?

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Someone probably mentioned this before, but I have the suspicion that they are going to make the sons of the harpy kill Grey Worm in the season finale.
All of the Grey Worm / Missandei eunuch romance stuff and character development being there and getting emphasis in the second to last normal (non-Night's Watch only) episode of the season feels a lot like the Robb / Talisa scenes from right before the Red Wedding last season.

It would set up a lot of the ADWD Meereen plot for next season which hasn't really appeared this season other than Hizdahr being introduced. And if it is going to be in the last episode, it seems like the show would prefer to kill a named character as the first victim rather than random Unsullied and former slaves. Along with Drogon killing Hazzea and the chaining up of the dragons it seems like these would be the two big events that signal that things in Meereen are getting serious.

I know he is still alive in the books but as far as I know and after briefly double checking the wiki, there is nothing really important he needs to do in the future that couldn't be done by somebody else, or possibly by having a new leader for the Unsullied being chosen.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
I think if something happens with grey worm or missandei it will be this season rather than next, because there's not much time covering dany's plotline and a lot of it is devoted to this. The show likes to be pretty self-contained within seasons as far as arcs and foreshadowing are concerned, due to the year long break between seasons where smaller things like this would be forgotten by most.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
The tree guy makeup is a big spoiler in my book and it is on there.
I am sure the makeup for the cut after she's been rotting in the river a long time would be more dramatic than for after it just happened.
The thread's Stoneheart obsession is one of those things I don't get. (And in general why people focus more on the fantasy elements/prophecies which seem less interesting than the human drama.) The surprise I am most looking forward to in this week's episode is Tyrion's escape and killing of Tywin / Shae, but I guess the difference is something we will see for certain next week and Stoneheart is up in the air.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Anarkii posted:

Nobody is waiting till TWOW is out. Next season is into Winds already for a bunch of characters.

That is true though as far as I can guess is just Sansa and possibly Bran or Davos who is going into Winds territory next season. Am I forgetting anyone who people think are likely to go beyond the books in their storyline next season?

I expected that Stoneheart would get revealed during the scene where she captures Brienne, but I thought that would happen in this season. Since it didn't happen I guess Brienne is another one who won't be going into uncharted book territory next season.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Lycus posted:

So just out of curiousity, what were the "changes in climate"? I almost never visited that site, I get news when it's reposted here.

It is pretty much what is alluded to with the site turning into clickbait comments,

Basically the signal to noise ratio of the site really went downhill recently, now instead of actual news there is much more of
- lots of articles which are just links to really dumb looking youtube reviewers, internet memes and "twitter reactions to each episode" stuff.
- lots of articles about some web show with dumb segments like how to make game of thrones themed cocktails
- layout cluttered with lots of clickbait advertisements on the side for other stuff in fansided
- recently every 5th article or so that appears on the page has nothing to do with Game of Thrones but is some kind of generic buzzfeed type ad disguised as an article advertising Gap jeans or something
- when loading the site now a big ad sponsored poll pops up that takes up half the screen

I'm really glad to hear about the new site, since I enjoyed the actual news and content by the original people who left well enough

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Kainser posted:

The site always had that to be fair.

e; I also think that Fireandblood was the guy who made the kinda creepy interview with Sophie Turner around season one so ehh.

To be fair some of it was always in the site, it was difficult to remember sometimes what was always there.
But there was definitely a lot worse ratio of dumb stuff to good news/content lately.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

webmeister posted:

Didn't GRRM say that we were going to see Casterly Rock in the next book? Surely the obvious candidate for getting exiled there from King's Landing would be Cersei?

Either that or she flees when Aegon conquers the city and marries Arianne :getin:

I think it means there will be 5 new characters introduced in lots of long Casterly Rock chapters, they are the very distant Lannister cousins which nobody in the family likes, and they will have a long subplot which doesn't relate to the rest of the story and doesn't amount to much in the end

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
So do you guys think it is pretty much definite that the last shot of the season will be Dany riding off into the sunset on a dragon?

Though it would be hilarious the reaction if they opted to end the season on the chapter ADWD ends with (not counting epilogue)

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
http://watchersonthewall.com/new-prop-images-house-black-white/

Wow I was just assuming they were going to cut the part with all the statues in the inside of the House of Black and White since it would be too expensive... I guess I should know better that they spare no expense/detail..

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/118261-spoilers-set-report-dubrovnik-septoct-2014-spoilers/

This is just unconfirmed rumor, but it's pretty interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

meristem posted:

Yeah, I love how it predicts nonzero chapters for Quentyn. Don't get me wrong, I'm a data scientist, I love data science, but.

To his credit, the 'Issues with the model' section is pretty exhaustive.

On the other hand, holy poo poo, it seems Littlefinger in King's Landing has been confirmed for Season 5.

I also love how it predicts that Theon will have no chapters in TWOW despite one of his chapters in the book already being already released in full on the internet

• Locked thread