Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

coconono posted:

33lbs in a week is silly. Why wasn't there anyone to go "hey this is a dumb idea, you shouldn't do it."

Brazil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

HOW DID IT ESCAPE ME THAT PUDZ/MCCORKLE II IS TODAY???

Did McCorkle gas harder than the purple man or was it a down the toilet decision.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

This still begs the question why the gently caress they had such a hard on for Eddie Alvarez.

His fights own, it's not even a matter of "best in the world". Henderson (or Pettis) vs Alvarez would be a guaranteed good fight in a way that Askren vs GSP wouldn't necessarily be.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Eddie Alvarez isn't from Detroit.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/10/video-xfcs-cortney-casey-appealing-title-loss-due-to-opponents-spray-tan

opponent had a spray tan, fight doesn't count

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I clicked on her Twitter expecting to see she'd deleted it already and instead she's doubling down.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think she's talking about Cain's tattoo, which is clear proof that he's racist and wants to exterminate white people.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dangersim posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

You probably won't get this now. You might even be bored by it. But one day you will see it and you will understand it's greatness. That is when you get MMA. That is when you are one of us.

I fixed your link. You accidentally posted that episode of Trailer Park Boys where Ricky gets beat up by a karate man and then fails a drug test while insisting he won the whole time.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

remember that these are the guys that founded and ran the early ufc

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/12/5096720/bob-meyrowitz-recalls-the-remarkable-genesis-of-the-first-ultimate

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bean Fried posted:

So, Mr. Askren, thoroughly disgruntled with both Bellator and the UFC, and not liking being told to go fight in WSoF, is rumored to be moving to Singapore to take a job in Evolve MMA, presumably as their wrestling coach. This would make him pretty much a lock to fight in ONE FC, who if nothing else will at least pay him well to squash glorified cans.

I heard the whole "Go fight in WSOF" line but just assumed that was typical Dana bullshit and that we were going to see him in the UFC soon.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the whole idea was that if he beats some ufc castoffs and is no longer a "bellator guy" then any success he had in the ufc wouldn't legitimse bellator, and as a result one of the best and most unique wrestlers in the sport is going to fight phil baroni and some guy from guam with one eye and one leg

Beating Neil Magny and a few Brazilian TUF guys on the facebook prelims does the same thing without any contract nonsense, though.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I could just imagine Joe Silva salivating at the thought of throwing him in there with all the wrestleboxers at 170 too.

Yeah, give him a good highlight reel and see how he does versus Mike Pierce or The Dong. Makes sense to me, I dunno.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

If Ray Sefo at any point gets pinned, does that mean he has to give up control of WSOF?

You haven't been paying attention, Dave Huckaba runs WSOF now.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yuriy posted:

So I guess WSOF's matchmaker called out Bellator for a PPV tourney to determine the real #2 promotion, probably never gonna go down, but here's his proposed fight-card

At a glance, and I freely admit that I am very stupid, all the WSOF guys ought to be favorites except for Gaethje and maybe Karakhanyan, right?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Meat Recital posted:

I think Vegh has a chance against a fat Rumble, and WSOFitch is still a bit of a mystery at this point that Hawn beating him wouldn't be too surprising. Spong should be Rampage if Rampage goes in with a dumb, striking gameplan.

Yeah, I can see any of these fights turning out either way because the Bellator guys are total wildcards, but I'm just saying that I imagine the WSOF guys should be favored to win.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Here's a B-League-ish question...

What are the real high level MMA/BJJ gyms in the Seattle/Tacoma/WestWA area? I'm trying to make my video production degree less depressing and I'm trying to find some pro bono work for an MMA gym or fighter.

Matt Hume's AMC Pankration, where Mighty Mouse trains. I think Ivan Salaverry's gym is there too.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha no way. I guess we know where that 50 billion went now.

Did M-1 get co-production rights on the ceremony?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

That's where they're holding Hendo vs Shogun 2.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I could look at this picture for hours.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Someone didn't think much of the fight, Willie:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wyoming is still reviewing my application to be a medical official there. Maybe I should withdraw my application.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kekekela posted:

e: actually i don't even know what the gently caress I'm watching

This post was really disorienting before you edited it.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yuriy posted:

Whoa, whoa, you mean you can look stuff up and read for yourself instead of mashing the reply button to come up with a dumb post? The gently caress is this poo poo

all fighters are bad. brazilians make excuses. wrestling is gay. jake shields looks like a horse.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I like womens' fights because a lot of them are really grapply in a way men's fights never are.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
EFC Africa really owned when I could watch it on youtube but I'm not going to pay $25 for it.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

individual865 posted:

It's out there for free if you look in the right places.

I'm not the kind of scrub who pirates PPVs, dude

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Leonard Garcia being comprehensively outstruck and outgrappled by Cody McKenzie was 15 of the best minutes of my life.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I can't wait to stay up until 5 a.m. to watch Leonard Garcia lose a split decision to some Indonesian guy with a 3-2 record in Macau

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Opal posted:

They're both embarrasingly sloppy and the antithesis to what I like in MMA. Roy Nelson has approximately one punch in his entire arsenal and Garcia has two, both of which are T-Rex hooks. People cheering and complimenting Garcia for being 'scrappy' when all he does is swing like a drunk middle-aged bar fighter makes me sigh in disappointment.

Nelson's ugly punches land and win fights. He also sets them up with footwork.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gregor Samsa posted:

It's Nevada, so I expect at least one judge will sentence Christy Mack instead.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

-Atom- posted:

Scott Coker, ladies and gentlemen

I can't believe that my opinion on Bellator has done a 180 in a matter of weeks. All they need now is copromoting shows with OneFC.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I feel bad for the person who was severely injured and remains hospitalized.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Can Manhoef make 170? I know Daley generally can't.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bellator will be a Zuffa property in 18 months.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LobsterMobster posted:

Baroni was cut for sympathizing with War Machine so gently caress him and let him box hobos for sandwiches

The only source for that is a drunk Phil Baroni.

http://prommanow.com/2014/08/20/it-wasnt-because-of-war-machine-bellator-explains-phil-baroni-release/

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah I was going to post about the Franklin OneFC deal. That is way more troublesome for UFC's global expansion into a territory they desperately want compared to Bonnar fighting Rampage Jackson on some indian reservation.

I'm guessing UFC doesn't want to give Bonnar a contract because they would prefer he stay retired and they don't want him hurting his UFC image more than the 2nd failed drug test may have already done, and Bellator will give him way more exposure than they would. Like in UFC Bonnar would be fighting St. Preux on a Fight Pass card, but in Bellator he'll be featured on the PPVs and main eventing Spike shows.

And as everyone brings up, Bonnar beating Tito is worth it.

More regional MMA in regions the UFC is expanding into is manifestly good for the UFC and Victor Cui explicitly does not plan on going head to head with the UFC.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

i mostly agree but also: yoel romero.

Romero's MMA wrestling accomplishments are all high amplitude takedowns that resulted in essentially no top control, so exactly what you'd expect from a freestyle guy.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hallman is going to win it.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tito needs Paul Heyman to do his talking for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PaganGoatPants posted:

Please rename this thread to BOOM POW PUNCH KICK WOW :allears:

Thread title is more relevant than ever