Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Dugulubgov is a good kickist, except for when he kicks dongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I fully anticipate that other than Neiman, no more Gracies are gonna win tonight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

Why is Rollister Gracie fighting a fat dude.

And why do I think he'll lose, bad?

because he's An Gracie, and thus, is A Bad.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

It was nice to see Neiman win, especially since he got to bust out some ultra slickness like this. Rest of the card was just blah. Rolles should stop fighting.

All Gracies should stop fighting.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Well, this is an odd one. Remember that Korean guy that was supposed to fight Nick Diaz a million years ago on the Frank Shamrock/Cung Le card, but ended up getting guillotined in seconds by Drew Fickett? He just retired Mach Sakurai, but wasn't even supposed to be fighting.

Mach was holding his own event and was supposed to fight Shamar Bailey. Naturally he wasn't going to make weight, so he negotiated a catchweight and then also blew that, so Bailey refused the fight. Jae Suk Lim was there to corner someone else, borrowed some shorts and won by TKO.

A weird ending to an equally weird career. Thanks for killing Trigg and Aoki, enjoy getting fatter than ever.

Also Mac Danzig

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The "B" in B-Leagues stands for blood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsbxt0JOM9k

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:drat: that card is fuckin awesome.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Probably be an announcement soon, then.

"Ray Sefo, thank you!"

(I had a brief, terrifying thought of Burkman choking out Okami)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Minowaman won his 100th fight. By knockout, of all things. Yay MINOWAMAN, SUPER HLUK champion!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

individual865 posted:

Who cares, check out this loving poster:

Holy loving poo poo, a god drat Pig-Man.

Does this mean Chael was right?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Stevens is going to finish the job Sotiropolous started

At least Aoki's already got a kid.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Michelle Ould (Bean Fried ranking currently unavailable) just asked Twitter if it would be cool if she wore a "White Pride" bra and/or tattoo. Good job bein' a dumb-dumb, Michelle. :saddowns:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I think she's talking about Cain's tattoo, which is clear proof that he's racist and wants to exterminate white people.

To be fair, most of us whites should be exterminated.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

Haha, so Bob Meyrowitz is talking about starting up YAMMA and the name was created as a result of a misunderstanding - as he explains it, he was in a restaurant pitching the idea to Russian investors and they couldn't understand why a curved pit was even necessary, so he got a frying pan and they all exclaimed, knowingly, "yama!" So he thought it meant frying pan. Later on he was talking about YAMMA with Oleg Taktarov and was corrected and yama actually meant "burial pit."

Would watch Burial Pit Fighting Championships

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Did the restaurant not have bowls to use as an example instead?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

Bob Meyrowitz literally blew off Dana's invite to this week's UFC show because "I had a family thing."

By "family thing" he meant "tend to Nate Diaz's high school reunion"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bean Fried posted:

I'm apparently going to be too busy this week to make a huge :effort: post for the Invicta GDT. If Lobster Mobster or anyone else wants to make the GDT, feel free.

I'll give it a shot, unless anyone else wants it.

Expect the GDT sometime around Wednesday or Thursday, I guess?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I'm pretty sure another part of it is that the UFC wanted some footage to promote him with coming in; they can't use Bellator footage and he's had like three fights ever that weren't in Bellator.

I imagine Joe Silva would grab a mop and a singlet and make monster noises while filming an Askren highlight reel in his basement.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bean Fried posted:

Would it be okay to make it Thursday in case I change my mind? I'll try and throw up some stuff in here to cut & paste if that helps...

Hugely appreciated either way.

Sure!

In other B-League news, I just found out that this Saturday's World Series of Fighting card will feature the return of Kalib "Running Man" Starnes. I am so excited.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I just want fifteen minutes of Askren funking all over Nick Diaz. Is that too much to ask, Dana? :mad:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

Bean Fried, are you doing an Invicta GDT? I recognize about half the names on the card, but a lot of the opponents to the named fighters are blank slates to me.

He said he was going to be busy, so I offered to throw something together. It'll be up around Thursday.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Invicta FC 7 GDT

^Thanks, Bean Fried!^

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

The fact that the Polish, a people so loving outrageously jaded by their treatment by the universe, deemed him hoboish is spectacular. I'm pretty sure you could snort a bunch of ketamine, throw your girlfriend down in the street, and gently caress while hooting like an owl and no one would care. The Polish completely don't give a gently caress.

Noted crazy Polish sorta-MMA dude, Popek Rak agrees.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

WSoF 7 is tomorrow as well. But don't watch it, watch Invicta, instead

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I kind of want to see more MMA in this fashion (I expect the rustling sound made by Mike Beltran's dwarf beard would be a distraction, though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gC4I-178KY

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I hope tomorrow is the day Oplot finally goes "You know what? gently caress it, here's a bear to fight"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

Tito got arrested for suspicion of dui. Article with no useful info is here. http://ktla.com/2014/01/06/mma-fighter-tito-ortiz-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui-chp/

Oops forgot there was a bellator specific thread.

I should probably close that last season bellator thread and make a new one for next season, huh?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The Bellator side doesn't feature nearly enough Russians/Dagestanis, or Dave "Caveman" Rickels, card doesn't count.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The 'b' in b-league now stands for busted nose. Gross schnoz link, beware if your nose has a weak stomach.

:barf:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Does he have any other gameplans?

Implement attack pattern MOON BELLY

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Anyone care enough for me to make a WSoF 8 GDT?

Just Gaethje is pretty cool, and hopefully Rumble can loving murder noted garbage-person Mike Kyle.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheReverend posted:

Are you making the thread? I have an old training partner on the prelims and I want to know how to watch!

I suppose I can start a GDT. Who is the training partner?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheReverend posted:

Scott Barrett:

I use the term somewhat loosely (or at least in a pretty uncompetitive manner). He is so much bigger than me but sometimes there wouldn't be anyone training that was bigger than me but less than him and guess who got to train with him?

I remember one time he was getting ready for a fight and he said he wanted to make sure he had the cardio so he ground and pounded me for 15 minutes. It was great awful.

Oh snap, he's fighting Mehman, Destroyer of Rolles.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Oplot, I love you

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

This V3 thing isn't half bad. Watching some dude named Kid Van Pork Chop fight right now.

Edit: And the commentator (Rick McCracken, maybe?) just said that rubber guard is dumb. Yessss

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 19, 2014

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

That time Matt Riddle beat Jon Jones in a wrestling tournament (Or at least won it and Jones also participated)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Street Horrrsing posted:

Apparently Nick Newell is getting a title shot.

Congrats to him, he deserves it. Worked hard, never accepted a hand out

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

B-league request: someone design a :tito: emote that's like :getin: except, you know, tito's giant head and "of course" and I will buy it. I will buy it so much.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bean Fried posted:

gently caress! I missed this. How did Justine Kish do? This was her first fight at 115116.8, and I'm of the understanding she's a really good prospect ('twas a World Champion in Muay Thai, beat Munah Holland in her MMA debut).

According to Dave Doyle on the tweeter, she punch-kicked Randa Markos pretty handily for the first two rounds, but nearly got caught in an armbar in the third. He hopes both can make it to the TUF 20 house.

(I enjoyed watching her Muay Thai highlights while writing up my preview of that fight for Championship Rounds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

There might be a few guest stars on war machine and christie mack's cam shows.

They're back together again? Good to see those crazy kids can make it in this messed up world :allears: