Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
My friend is headlining BAMMA 13 tonight, I'm super nervous.

Max Nunes should be on everyones watch list, hes awesome and quite a lovely chap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

individual865 posted:

-BAMMA 13 - 5pm EST - AXS.tv British B-Leagues

MAX NUNES IS ABOUT TO FIGHT AND HE IS A LOVELY MAN WATCH HIS FIGHT

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

willie_dee posted:

MAX NUNES IS ABOUT TO FIGHT AND HE IS A LOVELY MAN WATCH HIS FIGHT

FFFFFFUUUUCCKKKK :(

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.sherdog.com/events/WSOF-5-Arlovski-vs-Kyle-28631 - this is about to start

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

Hope they ponied up the bucks to get Andrei some WSOF gloves this time

Well it appears they can't afford a decent internet connection to stream the prelims so don't get your hopes up.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Fentry posted:

Apparently this happened, I wouldn't know since the stream isn't working for me

It did indeed, but it must be said the Gracie chap was getting punched while maintaining guard and gave it up pretty rapidly, despite it being the deadly Gracie Ju Jitsu death zone.

(BJJ doesn't work)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Another nice submission.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

origami posted:

How do I watch this if I don't have a tv?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM8B8HkQUzI

Cyborg crushed in her Thai boxing fight, body shot TKO.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

HOW DID IT ESCAPE ME THAT PUDZ/MCCORKLE II IS TODAY???

Based on this, JT would wreck both these dudes at the same time

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.cagepotato.com/rampage-vs-tito-ticket-sales-confirm-that-bellator-is-pretty-much-hosed-you-guys/

Loool

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I met Mamed Khalidov at a cinema, and through a combination of sign language and bad Polish said thanks for the time he KO'd Santiago from his back, or was pretending to be a turtle who loves Hitler depending on your interpretation. He laughed and nodded. Further, he's much smaller than I expected and was dressed like a sailor for some reason.

What's he doing over here? Did you bring up James Thompson being allowed back to KSW?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
There may or may not be a rumor going round that James Thompson will be fighting Sean McCorckle soon.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He's been arrested and they're trying to replace him. Apparently the people running the show are rich as gently caress and love losing money, so one of the people they're trying to coax into the ring is Fedor.

Who is they and do you have a phone number? I know a guy that might be intrested.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Never doubt the influence a small group of MMA nerds can have on the upper echelons of B league HW MMA. JT won't be fighting CroCop or for Legends this year.

Did I mention that JT likes to have time to prepare for things?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I can't tell if you're talking in code or not

:wink:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

My friend and head of Olympians MMA Bristol is headlining tonight but it doesn't seem as if it will be broadcast any where, I really want to know how OPLOT pull it off, their shows are very impressive for what they are.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Yuriy posted:

A man just walked in with a katana and sliced his sign in half. He has an eye-scar tattoo

Edit: He lost and is now 0-2

Amazing

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/james-the-colossus-thompson-gets-a-second-shot-at-pride---part-1

Cool JT blog is out.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Ulysses Gomez hospitalized while cutting weight, Cage Warriors 62 headliner off.

Gutted for him, but its bumped my mate Wes up to the main event!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

willie_dee posted:

Gutted for him, but its bumped my mate Wes up to the main event!

Dammit it can really suck knowing local fighters, they make 1 little mistake and next thing the have got Curt Warburton hanging off their back choking and cranking on their neck.

He seems to be OK about it, whilst recognising it was his career worst performance during his debut on a UK promotion :/

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Palooka posted:

Sure, Oplot is great and all, but did they have Batman and Robin vs. Spider-Man? No? Well, UK's Hardest in Southampton apparently did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZnncSQQgw0

Description from someone that went :

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=2240343&page=1

Oh for fucks sake, some massive chavs I know wanted me to go to this but I declined! Biggest mistake of my life it seems.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Here's a B-League-ish question...

What are the real high level MMA/BJJ gyms in the Seattle/Tacoma/WestWA area? I'm trying to make my video production degree less depressing and I'm trying to find some pro bono work for an MMA gym or fighter.

Do you train at all?

Edit: not in the do you even train sense, but, could you go for a bit and establish yourself as someone rather than just wandering in and offering your services?

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 23, 2014

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I've scaled back my posting for this one but if people want I can start talking about JT's up and coming fight on March 1st

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

individual865 posted:

Sure, I kinda miss your overzealous JT enthusiasm, to be honest. I didn't even know he had a fight coming up, what promotion?

He's fighting 2 time UFC veteran Colin Robinson who has fought similar people JT has but went down the UFC side of things instead of Pride. It's in an Irish promotion called UXC: Under Dog promotions and the co headline is British celebrity (banged Katie Price, cross dresses, did a tv show) Alex Reid Vs Irish fave Rodney Moore

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They don't really separate underdog into two different words like that do they?

Edit: Phew they don't

Yea I'm just an idiot, also using a phone to post half the time (brazilian excuses rubbing off on me)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

haha I totally remember that guy. BIG C!!

Thats the one! He fought Stefan Struve as well outside of the UFC.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
We were going to do the Q and A section on the podcast but JT ended up responding to everyone who asked a question in the week before hand via twitter so we didn't have any material left for the podcast itself!

We might do the podcast again if there's enough interest, but it wasn't all that much of a massive success outside of his twitter followers, was cool to get tweets about it from Bas And Joe Rogan though.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Lol that they are using the SFL photo from the Bob Sapp fight when JT was 300lbs.

He is fighting March 1st and co main eventing along with those 2 other dudes that are fighting.

Little update from the main man himself.

James Thompson posted:

I haven't fought for a year and a half since I had my orbital bone broke in my win against Bobby Lashley, many fights haven't happen and I'm really pleased I'm going to be fighting March 1st against Colin Robson in Ireland.

I'm not sure what's happen but I'm pleased to report I've been bit with the MMA bug again and can't wait to step back in the cage show what I've learned in my time off

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Ditch posted:

Willie I'm sorry to say that a win there is not getting him into the UFC. Beating someone who is 11-11, after not fighting for 22 months, and being age 35... not a good combination. "Fight didn't count" meme has run its course, but Bob Sapp fights literally don't count, so in real fights he's 2-0-1 in the last 3 years. Not a ringing endorsement.

:smithfrog:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The key for JT to get into the UFC is to talk poo poo about any heavyweights who get booked on a UFC show in Europe and hope for an injury so he can slide right in.

Funny you should mention that, he'l just messaged me 5 minutes ago wanting to do stuff like that after he "smashes Colin", and that he's sorry he's too busy swimming in training recently, which is great to hear, makes me think we are going to get a Bobby Lashley wrecking version of JT for this next fight as well!!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ken Shamrock called me a troll on twitter yesterday for mentioning that Jon Jones crashed his Bentley. First time my girlfriend has been impressed with a twitter interaction *flexes*.

My girlfriend met James Thompson and did not appreciate it in the slightest, it made me think long and hard about my current relationship.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
There exists only one James Thompson

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Reminder, JT has his come back fight this Saturday.

:sweatdrop:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

So this is tonight, there's no live stream, the main event featuring the local Irish fella vs the fairly past it ex boyfriend of Jodie Marsh has been changed to K1 rules at the last minute, and I couldn't go with JT to Ireland for the fight. I'm not sure I'm going to post tonight depending on how it goes, this is probably a make or break fight and I'm not sure I want either.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I hope it's one of those quick takedown affairs and not the other kind

I pray he is telling the truth.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I've got a bad feeling about this, having an emotional investment in a fighter is not pleasent

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Here's hoping he didn't just take a fight without any sort of preparation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Yuriy posted:

Please don't hurt yourself Willie

I'm going to hurt the guy posting a picture of JT post Bobby Lashley on Sherdog as if it's him just now