Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
The discrepancy between running large ships and small ships is huge. I swapped out my Conqueror battlecruiser for two destroyers, and just a few battles later I have more supplies than I know what to do with and like 500,000 credits, whereas I was struggling to keep the fleet supplied while using the BC.

I imagine the proper thing to do is to level up sufficiently until you can support your fleet of smallships AND some freighters, THEN buy a battlecruiser. Not Wolf->Medusa->Conquest.

Saint Celestine fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

chami posted:

Pretty much, and always be open to piloting destroyers or frigates when you don't need to break out the battlecruiser to deal with other capital ships. Maintaining the big ships if you bring them out every time is murder on your supplies.

I miss the previous version though, where I could run around with my fleet of 5 battleships and just roll through everything.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Uomoz helped me set up a system for Blackrock, and basically moved everything there. So I've been making it pretty.

Not 100% sure what to call the sun/system yet.

OOoo Pretty.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
How do you attach a tug? Just have it part of your fleet?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Yeah, armor ships kinda kick rear end. You burn drive into the enemy's face and let your armor protect you while dump damage into some high-tech rear end in a top hat until his shield overloads and he folds like a paper bag. You really don't want to get into standoffish flux wars because your shields are just too lovely to win that kind of fight and your mobility is really only good for getting up in grills (or running away afterwards if your engines are still online). You will gradually bleed armor while the enemy backs off from pressure until you eventually die.

Unfortunately, the AI really does like to use those shields like it's an Aurora or something.

There should be a ramming ship. Like that one hilarious mod with the hammer ship that was literally a flying hammer.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Paging Shaolin -

Requesting a Blackrock ship with massive engines and extremely heavy frontal armor .

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Kersch posted:

A tiny, super dense ship. No weapons, no shields. Tons of armor and burst jets to ram things.

In fact, just take an asteroid and attach engines to it.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hermetian posted:

Am I the only one who just leaves the missile slots empty on big ships? Maybe it's just me, but the burst damage just doesn't seem that useful compared to more flux vents or hullmods.

I leave them empty as well.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Can I modify how much supplies a ship uses and will it affect my saved game or do I have to start a new one?

I want to try some of these ships, but having one suck down 45 supplies a day is no fun.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Shadowmorn posted:

I love how you dont even get to wing it with the hulk of your ship. Denied in every way imaginable. :smugdog:

I like how you dont even SEE the enemy, its just this huge gently caress-off beam that comes in and vaporizes your ship in a second flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Everything in the gif except for the Lasher is from my mod.

Why is every single gif we have of this game so far about some poor frigate getting hypermurdered? :smith:

I have an neutrino battleship with 6 neutron lances? I can make a gif of an Onslaught getting hypermurdered if youd like?