Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great OP, Chairdude. This FATE guide has helped me keep my "where do I go??" spam out of the FC: http://accomp.me/ffxiv/fate-farming-guide/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jsr v2.0 posted:

Typically, tanks hate being told what to do, or being challenged in any way. Just look at this thread. They'll drop instance if 1 DPS is doing something they don't like, loving over everyone else.

Just accept that tanks will do what tanks will do, and don't do anything to challenge the status quo.

I don't mind suggestions on how to not be a lovely tank. I think I'm doing fine but there are times when we die and I question what I'm doing and I'm always open to suggestions. That being said, my first 8 or so runs of AK I was told to position the end boss 4 different ways. Nowadays I tell the party "he's going to face me in the corner" and that's that. I really should get into the habit of letting some of the party die if they are clearly in the wrong but I keep saving them if it's an option because I just want to get these tomes and be the gently caress out :smith:

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

It's been pretty bad in FC chat lately. You can't bring up anything without it becoming a pissing contest.

Really? It's been mostly decent besides a few bad apples when I'm on. Though I'm mostly talking in linkshells to escape the crazies and don't read all the fc banter.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Downtime posted:

outside of a few hard stat minimum requirements

What hard stat minimums are there besides maybe 4k+ HP? Sometimes we don't get enough DPS into the conflag before it explodes but maybe we can tell our guys what to aim for. pld, war (me), whm, mnk, sch, brd, blm, drg is our normal party comp for this fight.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Downtime posted:

3900+ HP I believe would be closer to the minimum for a 4 stack, though you would want your tanks to be as high as possible to deal with the death sentences. Otherwise I meant it more as an "ideal" gear check for minimum stats such as Relic+1, and maybe an iLvl average of 80 or so? The fight was designed/tested by players with full 90, though I think that is overkill.

Your party composition seems fine, are your tanks switching to the conflags to help kill them?

Yea. PLD has been doing all the main tanking, I drop Defiance for dps and Berzerk the second conflag onwards. We started with a 4 stack and the conflag wasn't staying up enough. Went to a 3 stack and I guess just had poo poo luck. Went back to the 4 stack and got passed the phase. Hoping we can do it again this weekend so we know it wasn't just a fluke.

Meiteron posted:

For the record 4500 HP minimums is for 3-stacking fireballs which gives you another 5 seconds on the next conflag. If you are only occasionally letting them blow it means you're not quite pushing enough DPS; like others have said use cooldowns on the 2nd and 4th conflags (the fast ones) to speed the kills on those. Seconds count, so if proper cooldown use isn't cutting it either your group should move to 3-stack fireballs or your dps need a couple more i90 pieces to make up the difference.

Not entirely sure how your group runs fireball positioning, but for ours we have the warrior (myself) stand next to the sch's fairy and have whoever is targeted run next to us for a 3-stack. If I'm targeted, I just eat the 2-stack because I have the HP to take it and it trivializes both healing afterwards and the next conflag.

Yea it was me, the fairy and whoever got the fireball. Sometimes that part would get borked because of nerves I guess? Conflags in the middle of the group or solo people eating fireballs. Maybe our gear is there and we just need practice.

rock2much fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 5, 2013

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Potsticker posted:

You can switch your Grand Company when you reach the highest rank in your current one.

Can I switch back and keep my rank?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ActionZero posted:

Can anyone explain to me why, when my group attempts Twintania, 50% of the time two of the Scourges of Meracydia will instantly aggro me when I'm behind everyone else not doing anything? We have a limited amount of time to do T5 attempts and this isn't helping.

As OT/War in this fight, I run in and get first aggro on everything and the PLD gets Twin off of me.

Infuriate before I run in, Vengeance as soon as the mobs pop up as red squares, Steel Cyclone to keep their attention.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ActionZero posted:

Remember how we thought the upgrade to Zenith was a little bit simple and they could stand to have made it a bit more involved.

WELP.

edit:

This is for ONE upgrade of the Gae Bolg Atma.
loving hell. Don't expect to get more than one Animus any time soon. PS. Each of the 9 upgrades to the Atma needs you to buy a key item that costs 1500 myth.

Hey, sorry, I can't tell what anything is in that pic. I think I see kill 10 Piestes? Do you have a bigger one?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I hate tanking. Which melee job requires the least effort?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Meiteron posted:

Both melee jobs are actually pretty involved by a large margin with a fair amount of movement, positioning, and skill cycles. Forced to choose between the two I'd pick monk. If you want something simple and easy, go bard, or black mage.

I think I might level bard for the weekly tome things I guess. Thanks for the input.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather wait for a fate than fight for mobs that only pop 3 at a time. Lets me watch the stuff I have on my DVR.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Wait it's specific FATEs for specific atmas? I thought it was one atma per region, and any FATE in the region could drop them?

As I understand it, you get 1 atma from each of the 12 zone's fates for a total of 12. Then you turn them in, some dialog happens, and they tell you to kill x mobs, do x dungeons, and participate in x specific fates.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

Got the Noct chest.

Gimme! Was this the best piece for you? Or just knocking out the expensive ones first?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

Technically the jewelry was more efficient on a pure soldiery basis but I wanted to grab this because I need to look pretty.

I think I'm going to get the earring first but I, too, wish to be pretty. I might just cap it out until Comrade can crunch numbers and tell me which makes me a better WAR sooner.
I just want 10k hp w/o Thrill of Battle.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

Max out all jobs, steal all the loot in coil.

Lothire? Is that you?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

There are 4 loving ways to get a weapon upgrade. Atmas are casual content and intended to be a time consuming way to upgrade your weapon.

There's this, myth weapon, coil weapon and levi weapon.
I'm doing it because I hate myself. I don't know what's wrong with the REST of you guys. :unsmith:

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Niton posted:

At my current rate of aquisition (1 Atma / 4 Hours), it would take me as long to grind out 1500 myth as it does to farm up an Atma. Except the Myth grinding requires less brainpower.

My atma farm has mostly been ride up, dismount, level sync, pop 3 flashes, ride to the next one. Got 2 levels on my chocobo though!

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I used to craft tons of gold accessories to get gil but I realized one day that I'm not actually spending money on anything besides teleports and food and repairs. What are you guys buying? I wanted to get max gil just for the sake of having it, but, :effort:

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one mashing through story unless it involves Merlwyb?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DemonTrigger posted:

When our group of friends were relic training, we were assisted by the savior of Hyrule:

God bless Glamour Prisms.

EDIT: I didn't get much time to see what gear he used to get that look, but I did see that the body was a Cotton Trapper's Tunic at least.

Hah as soon as there's a way to make my axe look like a guitar, I will glam the gently caress out of it.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Everyone who plays mmos has a social disorder

That's maybe the one thing that I miss from FFXI the most: I had a reason to talk to people not in my linkshell (FC). I barely talk to the people I don't coil with as-is. On the other hand, when I'm in a lovely group of something, I don't have to seek a new party and compete for mobs or whatever the equivalent would be for XIV. How sadistic am I for wanting something to be implemented that makes you party with strangers on your native server? Why am I sympathizing with my XI-captors???

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does the mirror make the wave weapon look any different? This axe is so ugly.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Volt Catfish posted:

I doubt it. I think they just get a paticle effect? Anyway best axe is the Bravura Atma because it's bloody :black101:

If it dripped blood instead of glowing at full upgrade... oh god... :getin:

Tremors posted:

Warriors don't have accuracy issues. :confused:

I whiffed a few times at Levi Ex and the only things I changed were AF+1 body/legs to worn Noct stuff :(

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tremors posted:

So you're saying you increased your accuracy by 2 and missed on Levi EX. That means you didn't have enough accuracy for coil turn 5 with your gear before this patch anyway.

Oh wait, didn't use food (used to just having it on T5). Nevermind/Thanks!

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Leonheart posted:

The thing is though, I can actually track my progress with crafting, gathering, and tome grinding. There's nothing to indicate whether or not I am any closer to getting another atma, nor is there any indication of how long it might take. At the very least, if I can ever get to the point where I'm doing the books, I can actually track my progress.

I think that to me, the most worrying thing about this has been that in spite of all of the complaints on the official forums, there has been nothing but silence from the dev team. I'd just like some indication that the complaints are being heard, and whether or not there might be some kind of adjustments in the works.

I'm surprised there's no FFXI style chart telling you which weather/day/direction to face while fate-ing for best results.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nill posted:

Probably a misinterpretation regarding the new soldiery gear being dyeable after being upgraded with Sands of Time.

Does this only drop from T7?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Volt Catfish posted:

Why doesn't the Bravura Animus drip blood?

I wish for this.
Also a mirror and 7500 myth tomes :doom:

Boten Anna posted:

I'm really only there for the bear mount

I want a bear mount and a butcher's crown!

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rei_ posted:

Is every MMO community this mean to tanks? :<

I've gotten to party with some very patient goons when I first started. Off-tanking Garuda hard while trying to tab target the correct sister and position her away from the tornados/group should've earned me some poo poo talk. Now I only get poo poo from DF pubbies that attack the unmarked mob and I purposefully don't tank it. Though that's more for my amusement than anything.

If people are making GBS threads on you that much either it's you and you can probably adjust really quickly once you know what's wrong. Or you party with assholes and as a goon you should be better at ignoring/griefing them :)

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Behonkiss posted:

Another question from someone who's only been playing since the PS4 version launched: Are there any North American servers people here would recommend over others? I'm thinking about starting a second character, but don't know what to choose (Randomly picked Jenova for my first character since it was first on the list).

Excalibur is the home base but we have some weirdos on Ultros I think.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Volt Catfish posted:

You say fix, but Yoshi is aware of it and doesn't think it's a problem. He *wants* you to be forced to choose just one

I could see him wanting doing this to each class, especially MRD (WAR tank, berzerker melee) and GLA (PLD to DRK). Not sure where he'd go with PUG and LNC though, if you have to keep the same style weapon.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xenoveritas posted:

Want to take the risk that clearing out that FATE over there, the FATE you need won't pop and end before you can get gold?

Nope!
Giant Seps goes from popped to downed in like 30 seconds if 8 people camp it. gently caress all of that.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Francis posted:

Did you beat T9 before Blue Gartr posted their kill vid? No? Shut the gently caress up then.

And check out this sweet rear end gear from the real endgame:

Wanna rock those birdfists.

I want more axes! axe? axen?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Chairman posted:

WE'RE NUMBER 1

What'd we win???

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

"Cannot equip if PvP rank is below 40"

So uh, nope.

Does anyone in PBC do PvP? I maybe want to do it just long enough to get some nice looking glamour gear.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bland posted:

"Just long enough to get some nice looking glamour gear" is roughly a few hundred hours worth of PvP, presuming you're talking about the new animal sets.

Son of a...

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bland posted:

Yeah it's pretty awful. You'd be lucky to so much as see 1 piece of the new equipment on a random person, I don't think anyone is committed enough to this game's poor PvP to grind up the ridiculous amount of Wolf Marks needed for it.

e; I realise of course that this is an MMO and people will grind anything, no matter how terrible

I'd grind it if I could be home all day, but you know, bills. :(

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Leonheart posted:

I am all sorts of super jealous right now

If you /visor on that mount, it explodes

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Chairman posted:

For 4-man stuff, I've always had better luck in duty finder/roulette than party finder. PF dungeon groups tend to either be prissy primadonnas who have a fit if you don't meet all their unspoken requirements, or bad people looking for a carry.

Saw an ilvl93 turn 7 learning party last night. Sure sounds like fun.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

Are you trying to say that you need higher than i93 to clear Melusine? I am confused.

Party Finder shenanigans. The group I'm in has only tried it once so far, we're still doing the "whoops, stoned everyone!" portion of paying attention ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OWLS! posted:

As a chronically under-geared WHM (Working on it!) - Pray to the RNG gods, Divine Seal is your friend, and don't be afraid of going Cure2, Swifcast, Cure2, and pray really really hard that the tank actually grabbed threat on everything.

E: Pharos Sirius is still not worth unlocking right?
EE: Welp, my friend quit this game, so I think I'll be transferring over to Excalibur in a bit. What's a hot commodity to bring over with you when transferring over? I wanna be Scrooge McDuck.

If you do manage to pull hate on something (a straggler, that coerul on the ramp came late, etc) try to run it where your WAR's Overpower will hit it. :)

• Locked thread