Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TheWevel posted:

Well, B99 had a good run.
I think he's a decent enough comedy actor, his stuff on the office was drat solid in all but his last two seasons. Bad writing mostly got to him in that show I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I just hope they do something different than the normal "naive shlub" he normally plays.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

B99 has been pretty good at bringing very cliched stock characters into seemingly new places, so I wouldn't be too worried if they play Helms to type.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I enjoyed the episode with Craig Robinson last season.

Maybe have Ed Helms be a small cop who ran into Peralta when he was undercover and have him be convinced he's a mob guy who infiltrated the NYPD.

Democratic Pirate fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 6, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:wtc:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I don't even know where that came from. It's been a long time since I've watched the show.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Democratic Pirate posted:

I don't even know where that came from. It's been a long time since I've watched the show.

It's on Netflix.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

I enjoyed the episode with Craig Robinson last season.

Maybe have Ed Helms be a small cop who ran into Peralta when he was undercover and have him be convinced he's a mob guy who infiltrated the NYPD.

Same. I truly expected him as just a buddy coming in for an episode, but to then make him the nemesis was great. Leaves a small, surely exquisite arc left open and Jake needs a real personal victory outside of undercover, which he never wanted, or his love life, which is a separate entity.

And that's a great idea! Helms excels only as supporting or auxiliary, and that would be the best use of him as I've ever seen.

Zedd posted:

I think he's a decent enough comedy actor, his stuff on the office was drat solid in all but his last two seasons.

The writers hated either the character or him, because the last two seasons were all about deconstructing and showing that Andy never actually was of worth. Even the gleeful sociopath Michael Scott had a happy ending, and Andy went into the ground.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 6, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

soapgish posted:

undercover, which he never wanted

Undercover was his DREAM job, dude. He spends all season being obsessed with coming up with clever covers for himself during regular assignments.

edit: the show straight up starts with him quoting Donnie Brasco, the best undercover cop movie of all time.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Zaggitz posted:

Undercover was his DREAM job, dude. I spends all season being obsessed with coming up with clever covers for himself during regular assignments.

edit: the show straight up starts with him quoting Donnie Brasco, the best undercover cop movie of all time.

Which explains his explosive, crazy positive reaction? What Jake wants is to be the absolute best detective and he romanticized undercover endlessly, but being given it was a burden. He may enjoy it yet but he was always happy with his job, sitting where he sat, and living his routine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey guys, I called dibs on the S2 OP and I really want to use gifs in it. Can people do me a favour and PM me any gifs they really really like? It'll make it easier for me to find good ones.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
God just gif everything with Melissa Fumero in it that should be enough

gif the entire runtime of the first season

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If you dont gif the fumero burger shame, we'll revolt :colbert:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rarity posted:

Hey guys, I called dibs on the S2 OP and I really want to use gifs in it. Can people do me a favour and PM me any gifs they really really like? It'll make it easier for me to find good ones.

I think the original OP still wants to do it. You can't call dibs in that case.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's on Netflix.

Not in the US.

:burger shame:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Carteret posted:

If you dont gif the fumero burger shame, we'll revolt :colbert:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
ITT requesting Peretti dancing GIFs from episode 3, because that's when I fell in love. (With the show and Chelsea)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

I think the original OP still wants to do it. You can't call dibs in that case.

Ah, I didn't realise! Fair enough!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ah, I didn't realise! Fair enough!

It's ok, Rarity. Let me know what OPs you are doing. They are my favorite. :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Carteret posted:

It's ok, Rarity. Let me know what OPs you are doing. They are my favorite. :allears:

Glee :unsmigghh:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

ITT requesting Peretti dancing GIFs from episode 3, because that's when I fell in love. (With the show and Chelsea)

Holts gif should be indistinguishable from a still photo except for him blinking once.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bunnyofdoom posted:

Holts gif should be indistinguishable from a still photo except for him blinking once.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on this...

http://brooklyn99gifs.tumblr.com

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Holt should really think about moving his office away from the surface of the sun.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The new OP should just be a giant version of the "Holt burning the papers" gif.

Zadus Rejan
Nov 9, 2011

Lugaloco posted:

It was so horrifying, I had to burn the whole pad.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Lugaloco posted:

What was the context for that one, I forget.

I need to binge rewatch Season 1, it was so good.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

CommanderApaul posted:

What was the context for that one, I forget.

I need to binge rewatch Season 1, it was so good.

Rosa had to write an apology letter to a police officer she yelled at for messing up evidence.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

drunken officeparty posted:

Rosa had to write an apology letter to a police officer she yelled at for messing up evidence.

She didn't yell at him she gave him a cheap kid's police officer costume as an insult.

Then she made fun of him to her book club and spraypainted something horrid but unseen on the precinct elevator.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
All I know is that the opening of the new OP better have gravitas.

Greetings, all.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Nonbaka posted:

Greetings, all.

Do you know the hardest part about being a black gay cop in the NYDP? The discrimination.

*the entire audience: :roflolmao:*

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Nonbaka posted:

Greetings, all.

As I told Rarity in the other thread, the new OP should just be a gigantic shirtless picture of Terry Crews.

For extra creep factor, maybe edit in the other people's faces on his ab muscles or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mo0 posted:

As I told Rarity in the other thread, the new OP should just be a gigantic shirtless picture of Terry Crews.

For extra creep factor, maybe edit in the other people's faces on his ab muscles or something.

Found the perfect picture.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Just slap Samberg's face on the right.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Traffic app Waze is adding Terry Crews as a navigational voice

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

THE EBONY FALCON DEMANDS YOU MAKE A U TURN

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I want an Andre Braugher one.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Tupping Liberty posted:

I want an Andre Braugher one.

Greetings

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One week to go, people!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Cannot wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I find your OP... adequate.

• Locked thread