Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

So now we don't get another new episode until November 14th? Friggin' NBC.

We'll apparently get 2 back-to-back episodes on Nov. 14th and 21st, and then another break until January. :(

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Chamberk posted:

What are they going to play instead on Thursday nights? Reruns of The Biggest Loser?

According to the source:

quote:

Going forward, Thursday 8 p.m. timeslot:

Oct. 24: “The Voice” (encore)

Oct. 31: “SNL Halloween”

Nov. 7: “The Voice” (live)

Nov. 14: “Parks and Recreation” (back-to-back new episodes)

Nov. 21: “Parks and Recreation” (back-to-back new episodes)

Nov. 28: “Sunday Night Football” Thanksgiving game

Dec. 5: “The Sound of Music Live” telecast

Dec. 12: “The Sing-Off”

Dec. 19: “The Sing-Off”

Jan. 2, 2014: Season premiere of “Community” (back-to-back episodes)

Jan. 9: 100th episode of “Parks and Recreation” (8:30 p.m.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It is kind of funny that two of the things temporarily stealing its spot on Thursday night are Saturday Night Live and Sunday Night Football.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bowser posted:

In an episode full of great lines "Twitter Watergate" made me laugh the hardest. I don't even know why, but it had me dying.

This line killed me, too. "..until we come up with a snappier name."

Conquistador posted:

I forgot about her, but was curious where my man Andy was off to.

What is he doing anyway, filming a movie? Or did he leave the series

He was filming Guardians of the Galaxy in London, which is why the season premiere took place there/had him stay for awhile.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Metaline posted:

Ron's breakfast poster no longer has the smiling brunette in it; it's just the breakfast plate now... is that new?

Didn't that happen way back in the very first Tammy 2 episode?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I like how this means the P&R Halloween episode will air on October 21. I feel like NBC has done this a few times before (bumped P&R so a holiday episode aired way late).

They sure did it for Community last year. After NBC bumped the premiere from October to February, its Halloween episode aired on Valentine's Day.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

I just realized we didn't have a new Parks & Recreation last night. Now I'm sad. We don't get a new episode until December right?

No, we don't get any in December. We'll get 2 on Nov. 14th, and 2 on Nov. 21st.

The fact that I've had to answer this twice now is just proof that NBC is loving up their own show by making people lose track of when it's airing.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Actually, I went back to Season 2, looking for plot holes...

It was not air tight. In the hunting episode, after it's revealed that Tom didn't have a hunting license, Ron yells at him saying that they're important.

In the recent episode where Ron goes hunting with Donna, she suggests they need a license and they BOTH LAUGH.

To be fair, Tom had just shot him in the head.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also in Fancy Party (Season 3), they bring up that Ron has 3 ex-wives, which goes against the common mythology of 2 ex-wives named Tammy at that point.

No, they just bring up that he's been married three times, since he had re-married and re-divorced Tammy 2.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 30, 2013

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

When Matt Stone and Trey Parker wear dresses

So you think Aubrey Plaza was also on LSD, or what?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Harry posted:

I think they need to cut out the traveling to Europe parts (why did this suddenly become a thing for them?), and finally get rid of Ann. Her having a baby arc is terrible.

Because Chris Pratt was filming Guardians of the Galaxy in the UK, which is why he was in London for most of the season... and I guess they decided they might as well pop over to France while they were there.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I've never seen so many people complain about one basic stylistic shot in a tv show, good god.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

By the way, they released a little Perd-themed webisode today to make up for the Olympics hiatus!

And apparently Mike Patterson is going to be appearing in upcoming episodes.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

"Oh my god... I'm gonna die someday!"

It was hilarious to see that thought process.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Gonna get yelled at but who's the new chick again?

I think her name's Madison, she was Craig's drive to the first meeting and just kind of joined in with the Unity Concert planning.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Great, now I have to look up that Oprah gif again.

It's best in video form!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think they have enough money to give Madison any lines, due to SAG rules.

She's had lines in both of the episodes that she's been in...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

I love this show, but this Craig poo poo is going to be seen the way blackface and minstrel shows are now in 50 years.

PriorMarcus posted:

He's clearly meant to be. It's another low mark for a once excellent show.

Are you aware that Craig is pretty much just based on Billy Eichner's own persona, even on his own TV show? And that he is, in reality, openly gay? What are you people talking about?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Clevermuldoon posted:

Tom has gone through 2 or 3 failed business ventures while learning nothing from them.

That's not true, Rent-a-Swag was pretty successful.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Short of, I don't know, Leslie going into the private sector I don't know what else they could do with her. She's not going to run for city council again.

Season 7's actually going to take place after Zorp finally shows up, Leslie ends up in charge of making sure everybody gets their faces melted off by his volcano mouth in an orderly fashion.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

One thing I noticed is that this episode title was simply "Galentine's Day". They directly reused an episode title from season 2. That's pretty odd.

And, two episodes from now, the title is "Flu Season 2".

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

leidend posted:

But I had never heard of Land Ho or any of their songs.

That's because they're fictional... the lead singer is the frontman for Wilco in reality.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

What was The Decemberists' connection?

They're just Mike Schur's favourite band, apparently.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Knightmare posted:

Yea they will be continuing from the time jump.

Although Mike Schur did say that they'd talked about ways to show some of Ed's (Jon Hamm's character) disastrous 3 years working for Leslie, if they can get him back. So it might not be a 100% straightforward continuation.

I found another quote by Mike Schur that supports this:

"Jon Hamm Expected to Return: "Hopefully!" says Schur. "If I have it my way, when we show what lead up to that final moment in the season finale, he'll be there to pop in doing something incredibly imcompetent."

So, it does sound like he feels pretty sure that they'll be showing some of the lead-up to the time jump, at least!

Drifter posted:

I will be expecting hoverbikes and monorails in the immediate downtown Pawnee areas.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

quote:

Also, how much, if at all, are you planning to deal with the 2017 of it? Will everyone be wearing Google Glass and shiny jumpsuits?

Mike Schur: Rule number one for the writers when we committed to the jump was: no hoverboards. No one is allowed to pitch that everyone is on hoverboards. It's going to be very very gently sci-fi.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 28, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The extended cut of the finale has a lot of really great stuff!

The extended cuts for this show always seem to be better than the broadcast version.

Edit: And the opening of the extended cut of Flu Season 2 has one of my new favourite Perd moments.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 28, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

The one thing that bugs me about the jump forward is that it looked like they were setting up some super villain plot the last few episodes. First Greg Pikitis shows up, and is immediately not talked about. Then Tammy 2 shows up, and is gone. Then Jamm shows up. It looked like they were working towards something there. But now 3 years have passed.

Oh well, it's my only problem with it, and I love everything else about it, so I'm good.

The Tammy/Jamm part isn't an issue if you watch the Producer's Cut! ...but yeah, they were fairly superfluous in the broadcast version.

VagueRant posted:

Goddamn it, NBC must be blocking non-American countries from watching. I keep getting an annoying two second sound clip saying "This content is currently unavailable." :smith:

Yeah, I'm in Canada, I got that too...

Bown posted:

At this point investing in some kind of VPN service is pretty sound advice for non-Americans.

You don't even need to invest in one! There are free ones available!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Bown posted:

.....wait, was that a plot? I don't remember that at all, and I know it wasn't in the finale cause I've seen it twice now.

It happened 2 episodes before the finale, in episode 19.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Did they say the show was taking place in 2014? Because three years later could be 2014 if that's not the case.

There's something on the wall behind them in that scene that says 2017, I think.

"Conference Schedule 2017"

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

With fall television season returning, do we have a Season Premiere date set?

It's probably coming back in the spring, as a mid-season replacement.

• Locked thread