Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh my god every Andy scene has been incredible :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was a ridiculously great premiere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NienNunb posted:

That episode was incredibly funny and I like the direction they're heading in with the Eagleton merger.
If it wasn't likely that this is the last season, that whole thing is just ripe for good plotlines.

My favorite bit was Ron screaming at the iPad. DELETE ALL PICTURES OF RON!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Whatever it is, it probably would have been more topical for next week's Thursday all things considered.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK I might be kind of biased toward this show in general but drat I feel like they're just killing it. I loved every plot in this one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess we can count British Andy as his Eagleton doppelganger.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
These episodes have been so good I've somehow forgotten Andy hasn't been in any of them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

There was a "blink and you'll miss it" reference to one of Mike Schur's previous writing gigs on the show tonight:

Oh my god :aaa:

Should've worked a mom's basement joke in there somewhere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Schur used to run this site under the alias "Ken Tremendous": http://www.firejoemorgan.com/

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The last one is, the others are baseball acronyms that they talked about a lot. It's baseball humor, the best humor! :punto:

E: Should have had it next to the offices of Fremulon Insurance.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 18, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I forget, was it ever confirmed that this was a full season order?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The best law book has four chambers... my heart :smug:

We're through the looking glass now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I bet Leslie and Wendy Davis would get along splendidly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if the final plotline of the season be a recall for Jamm to re-insert Leslie.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

404GoonNotFound posted:

With all the poo poo Dexhart's gotten away with, Jamm's barely on the Pawnee radar.
She'd probably have Eagleton's support!

Oh god it's come to this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was a bit disappointed with the second episode, mostly because there was too little comedy in the face of all the drama (as much as I :allears:ed over the Princess Bride costumes). Also April/Chris' subplot was weak as hell. First episode was hysterical, though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Maxwell Lord posted:

Edamame, or Tokyo beans.
I lost it when he just popped the whole thing in his mouth.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shock Trooper posted:

Those jokes aren't the same if Andy isn't around to laugh really, really hard at them
I think the episodes have been great but man do I miss Andy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Brock Samson posted:

I missed it. Why is Katheryn Hahn in town?
Ben got her to talk sense into Leslie about running against Dexhart.

Also people who think this show doesn't still have it can gtfo.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just thought this episode was hysterical. You could have dropped it into the middle of season 3 and I don't think it would have missed a beat (other than the plot threads not lining up).

Leslie isn't unemployed, although they did seem to imply that before. She still has all of her crap in her Parks office. As for Tom, I don't think his liaison thing was something Ron approved but rather just him agreeing with the idea. Tom presumably has to jump through some hoops to actually get that position.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Ben and Ann/Chris plots were pretty weak. Should have devoted more time to Leslie/Tom/Ron.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've been a bit contrarian and have more or less loved this season with the exception of the last episode, but from the beginning I've felt like P&R could end at any time and I wouldn't be too upset. It's been a good run. Just let them know going in that it will be the last one and let Schur wrap it up with that knowledge and we'll be fine. Basically, give it the 30 Rock treatment.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So, so much better than last week.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Both within the show and Schur himself have talked about how she still held both positions, so yeah it makes no sense.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

thexerox123 posted:

By the way, they released a little Perd-themed webisode today to make up for the Olympics hiatus!

And apparently Mike Patterson is going to be appearing in upcoming episodes.
"What is this bird doing here? :haw:"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Good episode but Adam Scott really needs to get a hair cut.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was pretty adorable. I liked every subplot for the first time in a while.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Macaluso posted:

Andy is the best. I can't believe the show started with him being a character that was so unlikable.
I think Chris Pratt has been absolutely killing it this season, even more so than usual. Too bad he missed a decent chunk filming that movie.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
P&R is still good so this is fine by me. That said, a little more direction to Leslie's character arc would be appreciated. Either have her move on from Pawnee or have the town change to embrace her.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Short of, I don't know, Leslie going into the private sector I don't know what else they could do with her. She's not going to run for city council again.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Glad to see Ben seems to have his hair back under control.

precision posted:

That said, "Numbers don't lie, I'm a goofus" was great.
Magazine into the aquarium slayed me. I want to believe it was another Chris Pratt improv.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Office nothing, it's how every sitcom tends to go out. Scrubs being one of the worst examples, which I don't think P&R is anywhere near. The only show I can think of which did not dip in quality when this sort of thing happened is Always Sunny which embraced the descent into insanity.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

PriorMarcus posted:

So I'm pretty much done watching this show except the girlfriend and I are working threw it and were up to mid-season two.

What would everyone say is the perfect stopping point? I'd say it probably went downhill following Leslie winning the election and that moment is a good finale. She can carry on watching it if she chooses too, but I won't rewatch passed that/recommend it.
The last episode of the final season. Just think of all the new moments you could be overly negative about that haven't come to pass yet. We all know you can't quit that addiction.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

neckbeard posted:

What? Back in season 4 every episode was "each new episode is the new best episode of this show"
There absolutely were people who did not seem to care about the election season at all.

E: Specifically I think EvilTobaccoExec was one of the biggest nega-cheerleaders, mostly about how the show was "too positive" or something.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 23, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well that's a callback I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hahahaha, what? Well that's one way to shake up the status quo. Certainly wouldn't hurt to have Jon Hamm around as a guest star either.

• Locked thread