Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Nate RFB posted:

I forget, was it ever confirmed that this was a full season order?

We're getting 22 Episodes.

I would rather this show end than become another The Office.

I burned through season one of "House of Lies", and Ben Schwartz plays a character a lot like Jean Ralphio. People should check it out if they really crave more of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

hcreight posted:

Alternatively, she's made the mental gymnastics required to come up with a scenario where she could run the country while still living in Pawnee. The White House would be her weekend home.

Mon-Tues morning White House
Tues fly back to Pawnee to manage the parks department
Wed morning fly to Ann for breakfast
Wed afternoon, back to White House
Friday is the weekly White House pancake breakfast
Saturday is date night with Ben
Sunday, sleep

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I only recently started watching The League and now I realize practically everyone on that show was on Parks and Rec. Ira and The Douche, the Kaboom! guy, Dennis Feinstein, and there must be one other. Aziz Ansari also guest starred on the recent finale of The League. Though he pretty much played Tom Haverford.

http://www.imdb.com/search/name?roles=tt1480684,tt1266020

Lots of overlap between the two. Which might be why they're so great.

Macaluso posted:

I don't understand how this show can have every one of its characters be memorable no matter how small the role they've had. Like jesus, Craig has been in only 2 episodes and he's amazing

Someone mentioned it a few pages back, but it's like the Simpsons. I think it's that they go out of their way to develop each character beyond a simple running joke.

The show stands up to a re-watch pretty well, I've kept noticing stuff I didn't the first (or second (or third, or fourth...))) time. When we see Ron after he discovers Chris has been grilling mushrooms, Chris is checking his pulse. Donna's checking out some guy's "Pizza with sausage costume" at one of the Halloween parties. The guy asks Andy for mints at the Snakehole is the same one who's angry about the nearest Paunch Burger being 20 minutes away.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

Human Giant, Childrens Hospital, and Party Down are great shows for Parks and Rec cast appearances. Including (CH) Adam Scott dressed as a Klingon.

Are we havin' fun yet!? :haw:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Poque posted:

We could call them...Ronna.

I would to annouce that the name Ronna is officially over. To the end of Ronna.

Swaneagle it is.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I only just noticed the sign change.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Pointblank` posted:

I love P&R as much as anyone, but does anyone else find themselves completely losing interest? I've barely paid attention to the last two episodes.

Sadly, yes. The high point for me was the conclusion of Leslie's first election for city councillor.

The plots just don't seem to be going anywhere like they used to and we're back to business as usual. Andy, April, Leslie, Larry, and Tom are all back to being P&R employees again, despite all having stories to get them into something else. Heck, even Ben's back to almost the same deal he had before.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think they could get another worthwhile season out of it, they just need to find an interesting plot. Maybe Kristen Bell trying to disband the parks department, or maybe Leslie competing for a job in the state parks department.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

By the way, if you haven't heard of it, you should check out Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I'm only bringing it up because I hadn't heard of it until last week, but it's the new show by Michael Schur and Dan Goor and it's really very good. First season is still going, but I've been catching up and it's much better than P&R season 1 so far.

It's basically the same style of show but in a police precinct.

I saw two episodes of this on a plane and concur, it's worth a watch. Andy Samberg is the lead, so there's another Parks tie-in.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

It's like Mouse Rat and his movie recaps made a beautiful baby.

But what if super baby became too powerful?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think I would be satisfied if that was the last ep of Parks and Rec.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

thexerox123 posted:

By the way, they released a little Perd-themed webisode today to make up for the Olympics hiatus!

And apparently Mike Patterson is going to be appearing in upcoming episodes.

I love how good the supporting characters are even without the main cast.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I thought it was a strong episode. Had me laughing for both wit and physical comedy AND it had plot.

"This is like listening to a TED Talk by the colour beige."

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Mercaptopropyl posted:

put a few drinks in me and I turn into a real Bitsy von Muffling

Codenames?
Mine is "Eagle 1"
Ann is "Been there, done that"
April is "Currently doing that"
Donna is "It happened once in a dream"
Chris is "If I had to pick a dude"
Ben is... "Eagle 2"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Maybe they'll have Craig make out with Marshall Langman.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Clearly gay characters should only be played by straight people. Gay people are just too gay.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

S7E1 (The Divide): An earthquake causes a massive rift in the ground to open between Pawnee and Eagleton. Leslie arranges a community effort to rescue survivors, but Pawnee is uncooperative. Ron begins constructing a bridge. Andy gets a job at Tom's restaurant.

S7E2 (Unification Bridge): Ron is frustrated when Sweetums builds a bridge of Nutri-Yums bars across the gorge. Leslie must choose between supporting her friend's bridge or helping the town rebuild. Larry is wounded by a creature from inside the rift, leaving Craig to take over in his absence.

S7E3 (Animal Control): Due to budget cuts, the Parks department must take on the task of exterminating the possum-like creatures pouring by the millions out of the gorge. April befriends one of the eternally-burning skeletons that lives in the crack. Tom's restaurant faces health inspection.

S7E4 (Lucy Returns): Leslie and Ben argue over whether to abandon Eagleton to the creatures or mount a rescue from Pawnee's one surviving helicopter. When Lucy returns, she and Tom elope, causing Leslie and Ben to realize what's really important: friendship.

S7E5 (Consolidation): The wound Larry receives has turned him into a living conduit between worlds. Leslie ponders if the rift situation is enough to make her leave Pawnee. Andy introduces live music to the restaurant, including his own song "The Rift"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Pick posted:

I didn't think it was a net profit?...

The clothes came from his personal wardrobe and his friends gave him some startup money. The overhead wasn't a lot and the store became pretty successful, so it was probably already turning a profit on a daily basis before he sold it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

On a positive note for this episode I loved the Leslie and Ben moment in the opening.

I want them to break up so I can marry one of them.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think Craig's outbursts were actually timely and comical this episode.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Naet posted:

The triplets thing is hilarious considering the callback to Will Arnett.

She's got a great oven.

Didn't she say twins creep her out in that episode, too?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I've never noticed the height disparity before.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

How was that not the finale?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I want to know if Joe Biden won his 2016 presidential bid.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Maybe it's going to be like the last season of Breaking Bad and what we saw was just a flash forward.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I figure it was they either do the timeskip or they introduce a wish-granting alien only Ron and Andy can see voiced by Alan Tudyk.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I'm re watching Parks and Rec and while I knew StarLord is in it, I forgot Ant-Man was.

So was Thanos.

Not Josh Brolin, but the guy who played him in the stinger at the end of The Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Season 7 trailer is out: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/16/parks-and-recreation-final-season-trailer-2017/

• Locked thread