Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Can't let Germ have the only representation from our shop. Here's my Infinity table.

Oh and hey I found a pic of that Dystopian Wars vinyl sea chart map.

I'd forgotten that the cat threw up on it.

Edit: Oh, and there was this thing.

Fix fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I tried to document the process as best I could, yeah.

The progress thread on the official Infinity forums is here.

I played a game on it tonight, in fact. The thing has taken a real beating over the last year. I need to give it a little TLC.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

That was my concern when you gave that thing away. I'd be so annoyed at looking at the damage some inconsiderate dolt did to my hard work.

Nah, poo poo just happens. There's just so much wear that foam core can take is all, and people have got to move stuff around on it to draw LOS and such. It was made to be partially disassembled so you can move stuff around in there. It'd have happened whether it was in my office or at the store. Probably worse if it were in my house, because I'd be trying to scoot around it every day or my kids would have torn it to pieces.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Linoleum isn't heavy at all. It' super thin. It's meant to be glued down to floorboard. The problem I've had with the stuff in the past is the repetition of the pattern, that it is generally pretty glossy, and that you need to do something about the backing, like glue it onto a square of felt or something that won't spin or slide, and that won't necessarily keep the stuff from curling up.

Maybe the answer is just sticking it to squares of mdf and matte coating it/drybrushing it a bit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ghetto wormhole posted:

Are you sure we're talking about the same material?

They make both smooth and textured, so I don't see why not.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

JEEVES420 posted:

can you elaborate more on the process? It looks like you have a vacuum setup with the wires and what not

It would appear he has a speaker or something set up under the glass to shake the mold.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Germ posted:

Two questions for y'all:

1) What would you use to represent terrain that provided cover, but did not impede movement? Field of grass? Fog bank? Other suggestions?

See, when you were talking about it last night comparing it to the floating rocks we've got there at the store, I was thinking some kind of floating gas bladder plants. You probably wouldn't have flat cover against everything small and on ground level, but the further out you go, the more cover they give, and they'd definitely be covering a good chunk of vehicles, and you could still place minis around the ground tethers.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Never doubted for a moment, liljonas. That looks dope as all hell.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Goddamn. Your absence is the worst thing about EoW going down. Welcome back! This thread just got a lot better.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Germ posted:

Huh, I just realized that google lets you "see inside" my local gamestore. If you go in the back room you can look around at some of the tables. Fix's epic Infinity board is back there, as well as 3 of my Malifaux boards (the graveyard, the red rock mesas, and the sewer. Won't be long before I can walk in random neighbor's houses in google.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...c231f31!6m1!1e1

:stare:

I can read text on something I painted using google maps.

:stare:

What the hell? I mean it literally had to be a guy walking around in there with a hat or something.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whatever it is, it's smaller than the Trekker backpacks they used to map moutain peaks and whatnot.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yup, gonna have to concur. Those look pretty stellar.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey liljonas I know I've asked you this before and I'm embarassed to do it again, but what's your go-to material for thatched roof? Was it terrycloth or something?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

Now comes the terror of being a victim of your own success as you get flooded with backers requiring you to make hundreds of pieces :cheeky:

Followed immediately by GW releasing 8th edition, removing all terrain from the game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Iris of Ether posted:

It may be too big, but I've used something like this before:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/amaco-wireform-mesh/

This stuff makes some rad chain link fence.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I got a bunch of laser cut kits, and this one I'm assembling now has got all this interior detail stuff going on and I'm trying to figure out how best to assemble this kit and I have to ask those who have put this sort of thing together: Paint first, then glue? Because there's no way I'm going to be able to rattlecan/airbrush this thing, let alone brush paint anything in here once it's put together, but I'm worried that the mere act of priming it will render it unglueable. Mollify me, please.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

You know what I mean. I don't want fragile joins. I'm wondering whether it's the sort of thing where people mask before they paint or do like you say and sand or something. Seems that this stuff is cut so precise that sanding is not necessarily the best way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

LumberingTroll posted:

That is a REALLY nice kit, please take photos / make a tutorial while painting, id love to see how you do it.

I'm just glad they actually posted instructions for this one, since they weren't in the package and their other kits are just big 3d jigsaw puzzles. This one has got all kinds of crazy detail going on.