Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
This is separate to the UEFA investigation into our finances fyi, for those still hoping for some comeuppance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I mean yeah that much is all well documented already, he's a member of the UEFA executive committee and he owns beIN who spent a shitload on tv rights for the world cup, and his purchase of PSG was given the green light by Sarkozy in return for France and UEFA supporting Qatar's bid for the world cup

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Also I've never seen that guy post itf before today where he's posted in 3 separate threads and every post references Tom

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

ITV have done this more than once, most notably here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSdPa7Ty1Fw

Isn't this more a demonstration of the kind of general incompetence and shitness that made your fans serenade us with 'ITV is loving poo poo' at Histon? It looks more like someone was shagging in the control room and accidentally sat on some buttons rather than anything intentional

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

ilmucche posted:

I think the bbc posted how much average gametime there was for each team but I can't find it again

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61342349

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

King of False Promises posted:

I have Atlanta 7 hours away and Miami 5 hours so feeling pretty great about this tbh

OTOH this sounds like you live in florida so rip

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah for all the complaints about Qatar, Houston, Miami, Dallas, and I'm sure several others in June and July will be hotter

:rolleyes: Typical American exceptionalism

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

actually they are making the best egame op

That's just how he pronounces game, remember he grew up red headed and Italian (imagine!)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

In news that will surprise absolutely no-one here, Fifa's claims about the environmental credentials of the Qatar World Cup were full of poo poo

quote:

Fifa misled fans by claiming the Qatar World Cup would be carbon neutral, a Swiss regulator has ruled.

A report by the Commission for Loyalty, which regulates advertising in Switzerland, found that Fifa broke rules against unfair competition by making claims about the tournament that could not be proven, while using controversial offsetting measures that would not comply with Swiss standards. Fifa, which is based in Switzerland, has been warned to “refrain” from making such claims again. It said it was considering an appeal.

-

The message that Qatar would be the “first carbon neutral World Cup” was prominent in the buildup to the tournament, even though estimates pointed to the tournament generating more CO2 than any previous event. Fifa claimed these emissions would either be offset or “compensated’’ for by – for example – the planting of gardens around the stadiums. The Swiss regulator found these claims to be unproven and unprovable.

“In the view of the chamber, the question of whether the promised compensation is truly realistic remains unclear,” the commission’s verdict said. It continued: “Even though [Fifa] repeatedly hints that it will fully offset the emissions to be definitively calculated at a later date, it is unable to provide proof that the estimated emissions have been offset. In addition, it is unclear whether [Fifa’s] offsetting measures comply with Swiss standards, eg the complete and sustainable removal of C02 from the atmosphere.

“It is recommended that the defendant refrain in future from making the disputed allegations, in particular that the 2022 Football World Cup in Qatar would be climate- and C02-neutral, unless it can provide, at the time of disclosure, full proof of the calculation, using generally accepted methods, of all C02 emissions caused by the tournament and proof of the full offsetting of these C02 emissions.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I have a theory that every post that starts with "Eh, ..." Is followed by some absolutely ridiculous nonsense and glad to see it holds up here